Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Empress P2 Adds as BrM

Was trying to find some BrM PoV vid's with out much luck (most posted seem to be MW) and was wondering how most BrM's are handling the adds in P2?

Do you just take Left/Right side and tank that group with CD's? Seen a lot of suggestions of separating the big guys and the Windblades and then kiting them until there are only 3. Seems BrM's would be great for this (Stuns work on them too?) but not quite sure how to strip away just the 6 Windblades when they spawn.

Have a few fancy ideas with AoE taunting from Ox Statue and using Transcendence to pop over to the other side and try to strip away the other adds but wanted to hear other suggestions.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Deleted
    I'm usually taking adds in p2 as BrM and the way we usually do it is me picking up all adds and our warrior grabs the reavers and then taunts one of the small

Tell your healers to keep on the side your picking first so the adds on the other side comes your way then just pick them up with your keg toss

Then we just aoe the 5 I got till their dead, and yeah pretty much use all the cds you got and stunn as much as possible since they still hit like trucks, you can also try kiting abit if they hit you to hard untill one or two has fixated on someone.

Also remember that the armor potion grants you about 12% reduced phys dmg taken for 25s and might help abit
    Last edited by mmocf822e2265a; 2012-11-30 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    I kite all the small ones with dizzying haze, it really makes that phase so much easier, pre use fortifying brew before the first hit, throw them brews at the small ones and start kiting, use leg sweep right before the big add is trapped or if they get too close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mostly confirms what I thought, will pick up my side and have the healers hang by me so the other pack runs our way and will have DK strip out the big guys with single taunts. Might try to be fancy and drop a transcendence at the back of the room and port back and forth twice once Fort Brew wears off to put in some kite time and give healers some breathing room.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Eh, my raid just has us tank each group as they spawn, one left, one right. Didn't bother mixing up who tanked what and all that jazz.

As for how I tanked... Kept an eye on the timer, pooled resources, then when the adds spawned rolled over to them and SCK'd. Fortifying brew, keg smash, guard. Usual AoE rotation, then when FB ran out leg sweep. When that ran out, I called for an AoE stun from a warlock. By this time at least 1 of the adds was dead and another was fixated/being kited, so damage was totally manageable.

Proper co-ordination of stuns/cooldowns is key. Get that sorted and it's fine.

I run with a dk as well, we each tank one side. The dps gets on my windblades first, then I taunt a reaver off him and hold 2 while we make traps. I typically save up some brew stacks and roll CDs for the start of p2 when I have my side on me. I pop Xuen which will taunt one off which helps a bit, and we assign a healer to each of us tanks. It's really not that much damage other than the first 5-10seconds, where you just roll CDs.

I am usually a big fan of practicing heroic strats in normal, but in the case of Empress I am going against that idea.

For normal I would pick up all the Windblades while the other tank picked up the Reavers. As mentioned above, I just Dizzying Haze spam the wind blades and kite them in a circle until dead. It made the fight trivial.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

I have one side of windblades misdirected to me and spam dizzying haze at the other side. then i just roll cooldowns and tank them until they die. I try to save a 15 stack of EB for the adds if possible. very much tankable as long as your healers know you're about to get your shit pushed in.

usually works like this: leg sweep, dk stun, EB+DmF trinket, Fortifying Brew, Dampen Harm. they're dead at that point + one being kited out of the raid to keep alive until traps are set.

but yea we can easily kite them too, I was doing something similar to what you had in mind before I realized we could just tank them. group them up, stun, transcendence, someone else stuns, just kite with dizzying haze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ended up killing her with just each of us handling one side of the adds. Would run in with Fort Brew (and what ever EB stacks I had) and when that wore off I'd Leg Sweep and roll away, by the time they caught up to me few Windblades were dead already or running around fixated.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    If you instead kite them its easier for the other tank to trap the Reavers and completely avoid Windblades being trapped by mistake though.

Unfortunately the kite strat will not work for Heroic.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

We killed Empress yesterday. I was taking right - hand side group of adds with the help of the rogue. One of the small adds was being offtanked by Xuen for reasonable time. I didn't kite the adds though I was burning all of my cds during that phase. Remember to try to have maximum possible shuffle uptime and play defensively. I was tanking them on right side of the platform what ensured that I was in range of all healers.

I need to post a couple time before I can give you access to my video.

---------- Post added 2012-12-04 at 10:30 AM ----------

alright, so no pro here, just did this for fun. Tanked on BM for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxtVaCfkqiI

I solo tanked all the add, recived no help except for my own personal cd. Make sure you dont blow any with empress, just keep up shuffle/elusive brew when you tank.
    Keep the stun till later on, and use Survival instinct, Fortifying brew first. Have good healer, you'll live, if they are bad, you'll die! Other tank had help from a warrior w/ Vigilance + dragon roar/shockwave. Just have the warrior help your weaker tank if they got one, and kill off all the wind blade really fast, and leave 2 up to make more resin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muppsan View Post
    If you instead kite them its easier for the other tank to trap the Reavers and completely avoid Windblades being trapped by mistake though.
    It really doesn't end up being a problem like I thought it might. If we both had Windblades one of us would just stand between the other tank and the trap and just taunt the Reaver though it. BrM's provoke works even better with the 50% move buff they get, it's like they can't wait to get trapped!

If I wanted some breathing room after Fort Brew wore off I'd leg sweep and then transcendence towards the back of the room.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    Hello guys. I have some problems at this boss phase 2. I take the all adds on the left, i use all my cd (guard+fortified brew+talent reduce 3 atacks at half)+survival instincts, but after that the healer can't keep me up.... Sometimes we just pass very easy that phase , but sometimes i pop all CD, and after that the healer (druid) can't keep me up.

Can you help me cause the leader think i'm so weak at that boss.
    Can't post armory: eu.battle.net /wow/en/ character/sylvanas /Boonez/simple

Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    Hello guys. I have some problems at this boss phase 2. I take the all adds on the left, i use all my cd (guard+fortified brew+talent reduce 3 atacks at half)+survival instincts, but after that the healer can't keep me up.... Sometimes we just pass very easy that phase , but sometimes i pop all CD, and after that the healer (druid) can't keep me up.
    Use Leg Sweep to stun all of the small adds, after you've picked them up, and ask for other stuns if people have them.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    Can you help me cause the leader think i'm so weak at that boss.
    Our DK tank got crushed just as bad as me originally when we started on Empress, it's just a matter of using personal CD's + external CD's + getting Windblade's focused down.

Not sure what healers you have but I think I would meet the pack (make sure you don't run out of range initially of healers) with Fort Brew+Guard+15 stacks of Elusive Brew (saved up while atk'ing Empress), would receive Pain Supp/Life Coccoon from healers.

Once my CD's were close to expiring I would Leg Sweep the pack and roll away (towards back of room on my side) and make them spend a little time chasing me to get a breather while they were being DPS'd down and started to focus on raid. I'd put Dampen Harm up for when the pack got back to me and by this time the damage was manageable.

During all of this we had our hunter using Distracting Shot to strip away Windblades (already snared by Keg Smash)and those became the focus kill targets for DPS. After the initial push you'll have to back off DPS on the Windblades or it's easy to kill all of them before you have your traps made.

Also, we did hero on the pull to make sure we didn't end up with a second round of P2, the burn phase didn't seem that bad and we killed her easily before damage got out of hand. Just converted a lot more Chi into Chi Waves when off tanking.
    [/URL]

Deleted
    Hmm it's ok if i take all mobs on left side ? Or we need to split the small add and the bigg add ?

You'd be able to take the entirety of one side, yes.

Also, from your previous post it seems to suggest you use all your cooldowns at once... Don't do that. Use them 1 at a time: so firstly Fortifying Brew, then Dampen Harm, then Survival Instincts (if you have a druid's Symbiosis). At the end of all that use Leg Sweep, and yeah as SurrealNight says you can roll away to kite them for a bit. After all of this the Windblades should either be dead or fixated on the raid, so the damage on you will be perfectly manageable without cooldowns. If there aren't any Windblades dead by that point, then your raid's DPS sucks and needs to really improve.

To help out you may want to use stamina trinkets, maybe get a bit more mastery, that sort of thing. Helps a lot with burst damage.

Im playing BrM and on empress i normaly kite, you can waitch this video, im sorry most of teh fight is not me but in 2 phase you can se how im kiting (3min in to the video)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv2Ee...eature=g-all-u

And here is on where you see my PoV the whole time, its with danish Vt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGy5G...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Malcom!; 2012-12-06 at 03:51 PM.