Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    There is no real way be romantic about it. Fortunately for you, the fact that you're intelligent and responsible enough to bring the subject up will usually make your girlfriend think highly of you, which will lead to more romance at other times. You come out way ahead in that game (and if you don't, she is REALLY not the girl you want to be dating anyway).

The morning after your first time is a pretty good time for those discussions. If that has already gone by and you've been getting it on for a while, then just pick a day when you're hanging out and things seem happy and comfortable. As others have said, phrase it in terms of "I have this rule about always using condoms until we've both been tested." Saying it that way puts the focus on you, not her. Assuming she's not an idiot and/or a slut, she'll be glad you're careful with every woman you sleep with. Girls don't want STDs any more than you do.

Quite judgmental of you uh just because she is carefree and silly to assume she engages regularly in unsafe sex

My current GF is a goof, carefree and silly to the highest, yet she refuses to not use a condom and im fine with it, know about her previous sexual partners (have my ways, 2 guys... was surprised by such short number considering how she is tbh)
    Also got her tested and nothing at all, still use a condom even though she also uses an hormonal ring, do NOT want to risk pregnancy.

Carefree =/= slutty/risky sexual behavior.

If she flatout doesnt want to use a condom, theeen yes, i would start thinking more along those lines, self preservation is quite a strong human instinct and a good way to judge sexual character.
    Also, she likely thinks the same about you, ever thought about it?
    If you are going on a second date with her i would doubt she is so willing to risk unprotected sex with a guy, who, no offense, is a stranger to her.

just use it.
    Later mention that you really enjoy her company and would love to move a bit forward, but you would require an std test.

PS: You can contract several STDs from mucosa contact, dont think you just need that condom for penetration and then proceed to carelessly drink her fluids.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post

Carefree =/= slutty/risky sexual behavior.
    Your gf=/=others. Being a little judgmental yourself, we all take our queues from how people act and use that information to guess at how they behave in other things. I highly doubt he'd be the least bit disappointed if he found out his guess was wrong.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it part of the foreplay.

Give it to her and have her put it on(attempt). Sure it may be funny with it being backwards or something and might "break the mood," but if you picked the right time to do it and she is all revved up and ready to go. It will be a lot better to have a little laugh about it, then to sit there trying to get it on yourself with a look on your face like you are preforming Rocket Surgery, while she lies there with her arms crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Your gf=/=others. Being a little judgmental yourself, we all take our queues from how people act and use that information to guess at how they behave in other things. I highly doubt he'd be the least bit disappointed if he found out his guess was wrong.
    All i am saying is, just because someone is carefree does not equate to sexual fervor.
    I have a high sexual appetite, never cheated in my life, never did unprotected sex unless i was already dating that person for about a year and testing.
    It is normal to want an std test, it is not normal to assume the girl you are dating likely has STD's because she is carefree.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a woman, I would not be offended at all if you asked me to go get tested together. Although I am an advocate of sexual health... so... haha. But seriously, just say you want to get tested for both of you. You can say that you've been with a few women as well and you have been meaning to get checked anyway, and you don't want to have unprotected sex until you're positive you won't infect her.

Icon made by leia06 from livejournal.com.