10+ Year Old Account

Blade Lord Ta'yak p2 healing

So what are peoples strats here we have pala priest heals and were arent making it to the other end of the gauntlet even without people going in tornadoes, do we need to re-roll a drood?

yeah that's a pretty hard combo of heals to work with >.< not sure man, sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Disc priests can spirit shell pre 20% to prevent pretty much all damage done during the transition. After that Cascade, PoM, renew and shield everything in range. You should have plenty of Mana to work with since the damage in P1 is not to much unless your raid fails. Pala aura also helps. Also offheal CDs like healing tide help during the running.
    Do you 2 heal that fight? Or just duplicate classes?

Deleted
    We managed it with Priest Paladin (both holy). I specced light's hammer if that makes a difference and made sure it was up for p2. As soon as we were about to run, Holy avenger, HoR, EF (blanket as many people as possible working in the opposite direction to the priest to cover as many as possible).

Loads of classes have self healing which they should be using on the run. If you have a druid tank/boomkin/feral HotW tranq.

for the 10% transition, use the slip streams at about 11%. Leave a class that can take care of themselves for a bit, we have SPriest, to do that 1%. Make sure they're topped with HoTs rolling before the raid leaves. Top everyone off when you arrive and you should be safe.

Hi we 2 heal this with a paladin and disc priest.. rather than repeat myself this thread is still a couple of rows down:
    Here is a link to my post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post19341607

Speed boost really helps. If you don't have a stampeding roar, look for one elsewhere. Maybe get your priest to drop feathers. Warlock portal chops 70 yards out of the run for half your raid if you have a lock.

I made an account just to post on this one because our raid was so frustrated by this same problem for multiple raid nights. We should have had a kill easy but only 3-4 people would make it to the other end. We 2 healed with shaman/disc priest and changed 2 things. We had our priest spirit shell at about 24% so everyone was covered for the transition. We then farmed up mats for Drums of Speed (assuming you have at least 1 LW in your raid) and used run speed potions both on the first trip down. This solved our problems entirely. We then used the wind on the sides at about 12% to get to the other end with tanks staying to finish off the boss. Our healers don't even heal on the run down and the only people that die are the ones that get picked up.

Make sure everyone uses their healthstones if you have a warlock too. They're especially great on that phase.
    Ashr

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roler View Post
    I made an account just to post on this one because our raid was so frustrated by this same problem for multiple raid nights. We should have had a kill easy but only 3-4 people would make it to the other end. We 2 healed with shaman/disc priest and changed 2 things. We had our priest spirit shell at about 24% so everyone was covered for the transition. We then farmed up mats for Drums of Speed (assuming you have at least 1 LW in your raid) and used run speed potions both on the first trip down. This solved our problems entirely. We then used the wind on the sides at about 12% to get to the other end with tanks staying to finish off the boss. Our healers don't even heal on the run down and the only people that die are the ones that get picked up.
    Thanks for posting Roler, I would say we are going through exactly what your raid did. So next time we try this boss we will go with you idea on drums and potions and see if that gets us through. Cheers.

What we found to be very helpful was to have everyone pop defensive cooldowns right before the phase transition. That way people would start the second phase at much higher health, which helped a lot. Trying to move as a group can also help; we did it on the first kill, but don't any more. Timing your cooldowns so that they're available in phase two and building up full holy power right before the transition is of course also a good idea.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.