Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    I actually really liked DoW2. The fact that you CAN'T build units was my favourite part. You only get about 6 or so units throughout the game (which matter for the story), and you really learn to use them to their full potential.

I think I played the main campaign of DoW2 for about 10 hours, which is long enough by my standards at the moment, but this is mostly because Steam keeps putting games on sale, making me play more short games instead of a couple of long ones (I hate myself for this, but that's how it is atm ^^ )
    DoW 2 was fine really, as was the first expansion "Chaos Rising", but "Retribution" just seemed so lazy, sure you could play different campaigns, but the story was the same, the missions the EXACT same etc. And the missions were annoying, they were all just get from A to B.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this will work out better than when Games Workshop teamed up with Mythic.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    DoW 2 was fine really, as was the first expansion "Chaos Rising", but "Retribution" just seemed so lazy, sure you could play different campaigns, but the story was the same, the missions the EXACT same etc. And the missions were annoying, they were all just get from A to B.
    I loved DoW 2, and even I'll have to admit, the Retribution campaign was really lazy. It had so much potential, but they chose the easy way to do it. The multiplayer is really fun though, at least in my opinion.

OT: Really happy to see more Warhammer themed games in the future and I have a good measure of faith in Creative Assembly.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 08:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Hopefully this will work out better than when Games Workshop teamed up with Mythic.
    Also: Very much this. Warhammer Online could have been amazing, but as we all know, it turned out badly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    DoW2 was very enjoyable as a Co-op game, and it's pvp was also fun. I hope they make a game like Shogun 2 and keep it's co-op play good

Games Workshop issues with me:

THQ -> Dawn of war 1 was cool, didnt have anything to do with warhammer tabletop, Same with 2 but that was a bit better. (Basebuilding and such dont fit within Warhammer)
    Mythic -> Let's not start.

Games Workshop -> Finecast, Overpriced paints (new set), Finecast, horrible quality on the new sprues.

I really want to hope, but atm GW is just going down and down.

Warhammmer is far from my favourite IP, but I really do enjoy Creative Assemblys take on RTS. I think it would suit warhammer very well, the only thing I miss in their games is a real time economy and unit building.