Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    Creation == order. Destruction == chaos. Synthetics destroying Life == Chaos. Life creating Synthetics == Order. .
    And this is where your premise falls short. Destruction is not inherently chaotic and is not equal to Chaos. If you demolish a building to make room for another building and you use engineering to do a controlled implosion that doesn't make the destruction chaotic. Destruction != Chaos.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Megaira View Post
    Yeah we do not know if Shepard is alive but having such a scene where he apparently breathes is just silly after picking destroy. If you take Catalyst´s logic as fact then even the Quarians who have lots of kibernetic upgrades would suffer from the destroy ending. It´s just badly explained by the Starkid to be honest.

Control is kinda risky for the galaxy tho because a Renegade Shepard for example wants to protect the galaxy but not like a paragon one as a benevolent "leader" instead he wants to guide them with an iron fist. This could be problematic if the entity that was once Shepard goes "mad" or starts to turn onto the galaxy like the catalyst did with his creators (Leviathans).

So yeah even if Shepard was full Paragon I´d doubt that the galaxy is a safe place with the Reapers still around.[COLOR=red]
    Why? The EC shows us that while Shepard is ascended he still retains some sense of who he was and his former self. The being that became reaper controller was ground in who Shepard was is still based on Shepard. You can't make blanket statements like Reapers wouldn't make the galaxy safe while at the same time accepting that the reapers are a tool. They are a tool to solve a problem. But like any tool it depends on who is wielding them.

Input | Output. In this case if shep is an assshole then expect the reapers to be assholes as well. If your shep is a good guy I don't see why the reapers couldn't be a force for constructive efforts.

As for the ending scene it's place is to do exactly what you saw at the end of the avengers although much more ambiguous. It's a teaser. Like the Thanos or the gang eating schwarma. It means to leave you with questions unresolved. All good works of art do this actually. In fact if you look through the history of narrative art you'll see that many of the greatest works of art are filled with holes and ambiguity and it's this that gives them mythological status.

Operation ONSLAUGHT (Dec 7th – 9th)

Event Description: Losses of industrial capacity have caused shortages of specialized weapons on several fronts. Population centers must be reclaimed for us to rebuild munitions factories, and N7s will lead recon and assault teams to prep the way for regular infantry to take the territory.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points of damage using an assault rifle on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

Reward: Commendation Pack

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    The Zha'til (the Geth of Javik's cycle) didn't turn against organics until the Reapers showed up and subjugated them, as far as I remember.
    The Protheans were battling machines prior to the arrival of the Reapers. It is never stated who those machines were so it could be the Zha'til and the were taken over like sovereign did with the geth prior to the Reapers arrival. But the Protheans still thought they could win against the machines they were fighting until the Reapers arrived at the Citadel and effectively cut off their empire at its head.

Also the Protheans didn't unite the galaxy under their rule until they encounter a machine threat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 02:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ag666 View Post
    And btw, who does he thinks he is, deciding what's best for the Galaxy? Maybe it's what Universe intended? Life creates Synthetics who replace life - becoming (Synthetic) life of their own. What's wrong with that? It's clear Synthetics are more fit for exploring the universe..
    He is a AI created by a race, leviathan, to preserve organic life by finding a solution to the inevitable conflict that always happened with organics and synthetics. The Catalyst was created with several goals which ultimately lead to the downfall of the galaxy. It may be an AI but it is still a shackled AI restricted in its actions. Which is why the Crucible works because we pump so much energy into it that we rewrite its core programing opening up 3 new paths and we prohibit it from stopping us from choosing those paths.

There is nothing inherently wrong with the natural evolution way filled with machines and organics wiping each other out. It is just the leviathans thought it was a problem and created something to solve it. Which brought about the cycles.

And the funny thing once more - Protheans won the war with Synthetics! Without any help from Reapers, perhaps even against Reapers wishes, who helped Synthetics.
    But that has nothing to do with the cycle. It wasn't that organics could not win. Or synthetics could not win. It is that eventually the war would be repeated no matter who won. The Leviathans saw it, the Reapers saw it. There are millions of years of the same stuff happening over and over and not just because of the Reapers and their cycle. Though the probably use mostly the same tactics each time (indoctrinate a faction to be pro reaper, indoctrinate machines to weaken/occupy the organics.

The thing everyone over looks is what if the Catalyst was just a bugged program? One that once started couldn't be fixed because he killed you. Everyone is always so hung up on OMG STARCHILD without every looking at the bigger picture that an AI implies about the whole cycle.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:03 PM ----------

So yeah even if Shepard was full Paragon I´d doubt that the galaxy is a safe place with the Reapers still around.[COLOR=red]
    But control isn't about make the galaxy safe for all time to come. It is about making the galaxy safe from the cycle. By having Shepard control the Reapers it ensures that the cycle will never happen (because Shepards consciousness of fighting and stopping the reapers is forever imbedded into all of the Reapers). That doesn't mean that the new Shepard controlled Reapers won't kill or destroy. It just means they won't cull all life in the galaxy and preserve them in reaper form just because of an AI's solution.

For all we know in 10,000 years the Controlled reapers could be used as enforcers of the law and we fight as a criminal organization based on a derelict omega against this law.

The Protheans were "warlords" and so they liked to oppress races and bent them to their will and to their empire.
    The Protheans didn't create one massive empire until the threat of Machines. While the Protheans were always warlords and control freaks they only did what they saw necessary for survival. The Protheans prior to the machine conflict and the Reapers were sort of like the Reapers themselves. As in they thought of themselves as the guardians of the galaxy.

They protected the lesser races as is noted when they protected the Asari from invasion. (To stop another race from getting the resources on Thesisa)

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:09 PM ----------

I found something interesting that proofs that the majority of the Geth never wanted to destroy anything:
    Which isn't really proof of anything with the endings or the "cycle". It wasn't always synthetic life that was the problem. It was, as the geth have shown, sometimes how organic life will treat and perceive the synthetic life.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-12-06 at 08:09 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The Protheans were battling machines prior to the arrival of the Reapers. It is never stated who those machines were so it could be the Zha'til and the were taken over like sovereign did with the geth prior to the Reapers arrival. But the Protheans still thought they could win against the machines they were fighting until the Reapers arrived at the Citadel and effectively cut off their empire at its head.
    I actually just had the conversation in-game with Javik on the Zha'til and he didn't even mention the Reapers. Now I'm wondering where the hell I heard they didn't turn against organics until the Reapers came. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I actually just had the conversation in-game with Javik on the Zha'til and he didn't even mention the Reapers. Now I'm wondering where the hell I heard they didn't turn against organics until the Reapers came. lol
    http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Bac...entified_Races it is on here, but no source.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post

Event Description: Losses of industrial capacity have caused shortages of specialized weapons on several fronts. Population centers must be reclaimed for us to rebuild munitions factories, and N7s will lead recon and assault teams to prep the way for regular infantry to take the territory.

Individual Goal: Earn 75,000 points of damage using an assault rifle on any map at any difficulty. Points are cumulative across matches. Extraction not required.

An excuse to use my N7 Valkyrie.
    Putin khuliyo

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    And this is where your premise falls short. Destruction is not inherently chaotic and is not equal to Chaos. If you demolish a building to make room for another building and you use engineering to do a controlled implosion that doesn't make the destruction chaotic. Destruction != Chaos.
    Destruction is always inherently Chaotic. No matter what one uses it for. No matter how one does it. You use Chaos to destroy a building, and then use Order to restore the Balance by building something new.

Never speak about Chaos alone, or Order alone. They are intertwined in eternal conflict. The Balance is at stake.

Limiting Chaos effect by Order - you maintain balance. You Chaotically destroy the building, but thanks to Orderly made explosives, destruction doesn't go out of hand.

I realize that this philosophical system may be hard to fathom. Chaos may look like Order, or Order like Chaos. Just look at the deeds at the time they happen, and ignore reasons and consequences. Destroy == Chaos. Create == Order. Balance is achieved when Chaos ~ Order.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I don't remember ever reading that page, but meh, maybe I did. /shrug Oh well!

Now thats gonna be easy. I was planning on ripping gold apart with my Typhoon on destroyer this weekend anyway.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

10+ Year Old Account

Wahay, I get to go crazy with my Turian Sentinel this weekend!

Here's a reason for more Typhoon action! Or wait, maybe some Argus? Turian Havoc here I come!

No! Krogan Soldier? No! Turian Soldier! AWYISS.jpg! Marksman HOOO!

Welp, in any case, it is a good reason to stack up points for some AR's to get the challenges going.

I KNOW! TURIAN SOLDIER WITH AVENGER! Ah yea, I'm so smart!
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

I have now played about 15 silver random games in a row. Why does everyone either pick Reapers or Cerberus? Since I came back and started playing ME3 MP again I have not once got geth or Collectors because every game I join(even with random on) the host has it set to one of the two I mentioned.

Is this the new thing now or something? Like how back when I played everyone picked Geth for gold.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    An excuse to use my N7 Valkyrie.
    An excsue to whine that I don't have it yet. Could use my new and improved Saber though. Or the Revenant. That one is always funny to wreck stuff with.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 06:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Duncanîdaho View Post
    I have now played about 15 silver random games in a row. Why does everyone either pick Reapers or Cerberus? Since I came back and started playing ME3 MP again I have not once got geth or Collectors because every game I join(even with random on) the host has it set to one of the two I mentioned.

Is this the new thing now or something? Like how back when I played everyone picked Geth for gold.
    Collectors actually take skill compared to the other races on the same difficulty. I like it, but others apparently don't.

Deleted
    An excsue to whine that I don't have it yet. Could use my new and improved Saber though. Or the Revenant. That one is always funny to wreck stuff with.

Collectors actually take skill compared to the other races on the same difficulty. I like it, but others apparently don't.
    Platinum Collectors on Firebase Glacier.

Geth are a pain because everything knocks you back, not sure why silver/gold wouldn't play them though as no insta-kill attack

Just got the striker assault rifle and am walking around on a Batarian soldier with it. I feel like this:

The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Deleted

Collectors are 100 times more difficult than any other MP enemy race. They have so many abilitys that can fuck your group up on higher difficulties and I too hate them with passion.

Seriously they have those possessed abominations that when killed explode in a massive explosion which is mostly insta-kill, they too have those damn annoying Scions with their blast that basically one-shots you on gold/plat, then they have that Praetorian that grabs you for an insta-kill even if you are 100km away. Then all those Drones, Generals and so on.

So yeah Collectors are a pain in the arse unless you play on Bronze (they are annoying there too) and this is why most ppl. tend to not choose collectors on gold/plat.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Platinum Collectors on Firebase Glacier.

Geth are a pain because everything knocks you back, not sure why silver/gold wouldn't play them though as no insta-kill attack
    Well geht have the huge advantage of no insta-kill thats true. They are perfect to solo on my Kroguard tho because the attacks don´t stagger me but if you don´t play a Krogan then they are annoying.

Deleted
    Use/Cover/Storm are the same key :\
    Might be possible in the ini/bin file somewhere, dunno.
    You can do it editing the .bin, there are tutorial out there I could look for a link if you want.

"omg im pro cod player, im pro at ERYTHING!!!1one!zomg!"

I remember doing random platinum once and we got collectors. To our surprise, collectors were easier on platinum than they are on gold. We even extracted in the end.
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster