Poll: Should circumcision be the person's own choice?

Page 52 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Don't you speak for me. I am glad I'm circumcised. you're missing the entire point. Doing it LATER IN LIFE WILL MAKE YOU LESS SENSITIVE!! But doing it as a baby your nerves are essentially the same age as your body and you will still be sensitive later in life.
    Your glad your circumcised, but you want not want to go through the procedure...

So why force others to go through the same procedure?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purlina View Post
    Your glad your circumcised, but you want not want to go through the procedure...

So why force others to go through the same procedure?
    Who is forcing anyone? They are the parents of said child, they also have the right to dictate medical choices for their children. You have no right to say otherwise. In other words worry about your own problems which I'm sure are many, and let other people worry about theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Who is forcing anyone? They are the parents of said child, they also have the right to dictate medical choices for their children. You have no right to say otherwise. In other words worry about your own problems which I'm sure are many, and let other people worry about theirs.
    That's BS, so if I wanted to give my child breast enhancements people wouldn't care at all?

I didn't just force my kid to get something that they may not want, and don't really need?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-12-06 at 08:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's BS, so if I wanted to give my child breast enhancement people wouldn't care at all?
    completely different and you know it I love how you always do that make asinine comparisons. There are reasons sex changes require years of pysch evals when they do them most real doctors have women who want a breast augmentation talk to a shrink to make sure they are doing it for the right reasons as well. Circumcision is a medical procedure done mainly for either religious or health reasons. My parents both work in the health field and are well educated and they decided it would be a good idea. Personally I'm glad I am cause un-circumcised looks just awful.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:34 PM ----------

I didn't just force my kid to get something that they may not want, and don't really need?
    Please educate yourself http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/27/health...ion/index.html

Deleted
    These threads are always the same Americans trying to defend their genital mutilation and the rest of the world sayings it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanianMexican View Post
    These threads are always the same Americans trying to defend their genital mutilation and the rest of the world sayings it wrong.
    Whatever you want to think the AAP changed their verdict this year citing tons of studies showing circumcision isn't the boogeyman you all make it out to be.

Circumcision is a medical procedure done mainly for either religious or health reasons. My parents both work in the health field and are well educated and they decided it would be a good idea. Personally I'm glad I am cause un-circumcised looks just awful.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 03:34 PM ----------

Please educate yourself http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/27/health...ion/index.html
    Notice how they just recently changed their opinion. So let me ask you:

Do you really think it is mainly done for medical reasons? If so why did they do it 10 years ago?
    Last edited by Purlina; 2012-12-06 at 08:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Do you really think it is mainly done for medical reasons? If so why did they do it 10 years ago?
    I can not speak for everyone, I can only speak for me and my 2 brothers my parents did it with medical concerns in mind. I have never asked my friends why their parents had them circumcised it's something we have never discussed as for most "normal" people it isn't a huge concern of ours. I do not have a friend that is not circumcised as far as I know and none of us or our parents religious so I will call all of them and ask them right now to call their parents and find out just to answer your irrelevant question. Also in my case and my friends case we are all over 30 so I have no idea who did what for what reasons 10 years ago.

because nut jobs like you are blowing things way out of proportion like some radical religious person opposing gay marriage so more tests were done as it is something measurable

I can not speak for everyone, I can only speak for me and my 2 brothers my parents did it with medical concerns in mind. I have never asked my friends why their parents had them circumcised it's something we have never discussed as for most "normal" people it isn't a huge concern of ours. I do not have a friend that is not circumcised as far as I know and none of us or our parents religious so I will call all of them and ask them right now to call their parents and find out just to answer your irrelevant question. Also in my case and my friends case we are all over 30 so I have no idea who did what for what reasons 10 years ago.
    I am simply to trying to find out if there was a real reason why circumcisions where performed previously, since before 2012 the AAP did not deem it necessary.

Seems reasonable and relevant to me...

actually only 30-80% of americans are circumcised. its the middle east where it originated from and is extremely popular among muslims (largest religion in the world) and jews where it is 80-100%

10+ Year Old Account
    I am simply to trying to find out if there was a real reason why circumcisions where performed previously, since before 2012 the AAP did not deem it necessary.

Seems reasonable and relevant to me...
    If you had read the article you wouldn't have to ask.
    "The AAP's previous policy statement, published in 1999 and affirmed in 2005, took a more neutral stance on circumcision, noting "potential medical benefits," but saying it's "not essential to the child's current well-being."
    I know it's a big thing to ask you to read something and find an answer for yourself but we have to break that spoon-fed sense of knowledge of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    That you KNOW of, you can't say it hasn't hindered you, because you do not have the point of reference from not having your dick sliced.
    Well it makes no difference to me, I'm not gonna sit here and mope around because of a decision my parents made 23 years ago when I was a baby. My dick is functioning just fine as it is so at the end of the day it doesnt really bother me.
    Last edited by Evil Inside; 2012-12-06 at 09:16 PM.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

"The AAP's previous policy statement, published in 1999 and affirmed in 2005, took a more neutral stance on circumcision, noting "potential medical benefits," but saying it's "not essential to the child's current well-being."
    "not essential to the child's current well-being."

15+ Year Old Account
    Not all of us Americans are pro routine infant circumcision.

Don't you speak for me. I am glad I'm circumcised. you're missing the entire point. Doing it LATER IN LIFE WILL MAKE YOU LESS SENSITIVE!! But doing it as a baby your nerves are essentially the same age as your body and you will still be sensitive later in life, so waiting until your child can choose for themself... it's too late. And if they need it medically, sorry, out of luck.
    Do you have any support for this position, because it makes no sense whatsoever. The body protects what's exposed, it's patently obvious that a mucous membrane (which is what the glans is) that's been rubbed on cotton for thirty years will be less sensitive than one that's been an internal organ as originally 'intended', by evolution or The Creator. I do think it's worth mentioning, since you appear to be a believer, that the Apostle Paul specifically tells the church "But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be." (1Cor12) and explicitly links circumcision with the bondage of the law, and says that "If you become circumcised, Christ will profit you nothing." (Gal5). I don't see the asterisk saying "unless doctors say it's a good thing for reducing the chance of infections".

Quote Originally Posted by Cassidin View Post
    Circumcision was originally practiced by the Isralites for health reasons (keeping clean wasnt so easy in the desert tbh) and also to stand apart from the nations around them.

Well, the Egyptians were doing it first. It was a rite. A blood sacrifice of that most precious to the power(s) the ancients believed they owed everything.

To keep sand out of their privates... BS!

And if may put on my tinfoil hat for a moment, to tell the child from the earliest age that the world was a violent place and he was not in control. Look at the countries that still practice it.
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2012-12-06 at 09:06 PM.

A persons own choice is very misleading seeing as how the choice would be made at birth by an infant. To each is own, i dont wanna see what you decided anyways

Don't you speak for me. I am glad I'm circumcised. you're missing the entire point. Doing it LATER IN LIFE WILL MAKE YOU LESS SENSITIVE!! But doing it as a baby your nerves are essentially the same age as your body and you will still be sensitive later in life, so waiting until your child can choose for themself... it's too late. And if they need it medically, sorry, out of luck.
    Doing it at any time will make you less sensitive . It is the permanent loss of an erogenous zone, and the permanent loss of a ludicrous amount of nerves. On top of that, the skin thickens where it is no longer protected.

It's so ludicrous because we have to constantly deal with ego. "If I accepted this true fact, it would mean that my parents mutilated me, reducing my sexual feeling, for no reason. It would mean that I did the same to my boy, also for no reason at all. This would make me and my parents stupid or evil. We aren't evil, and I don't want to be stupid, therefore I reject this true fact."

This is every pro-mutilation argument ever

And look at how absurd all the arguments are when you apply them to anything else. Just look at the double standard. People with no basis of comparison. There's precious few men who chose to get circumcised- probably on the same order as nullification fetishists- yet still people try to defend the indefensible.

I know it's a big thing to ask you to read something and find an answer for yourself but we have to break that spoon-fed sense of knowledge of yours.
    Maybe you should start reading as well?

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot
    noting "potential medical benefits,
    Yeah again read and comprehend what that means. Since you cut out the important part and I know you are clueless to that being the old train of thought which is why they changed their minds to the new thought that is the title of the article. I know you only like to catch what little information you can to support your fatuous claims but please try for once.

theres no evidence supporting either view. so my question is this, who are you to tell somebody else how to raise their kids? funny thing is i bet you would freak if somebody told you your kids were messed up and its your fault. whether you like it or not my kids are and will be circumcised and there is nothing you can do about it.