Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    RNG sucks, but it's part of the game. I killed Blackhorn 21 times on Normal and another 29 times in LFR hoping that shield would drop and it never did. It sucks, I know, but it makes you keep playing the game. Eventually I realized I had enough gear everywhere else that the small stat increases weren't going to affect my overall game play all that much. So I transmogged my 378 heroic dungeon sheild to the Grul's layer shield and forgot about it...

I'm going to sound like a prick, but what exactly do you need this weapon for? If you aren't raiding normal raids than you have no need to upgrade your gear, any 476 pieces you already have is already overkill for whatever it is you are doing with your character. If you are going into LFR looking for a *specific* piece of loot, you are going to have to be patient.

Outside of a few exceptions like the sunwell patch, Blizzard has never offered purchasable weapons. And especially now that you can boost your weapon ilvls up with JP to 471, I'd say that really makes it unnecessary. I'm not Blizzard but a weapon is just about always the biggest upgrade any class or spec can possibly get, all things being equal. To offer a pretty beefy weapon (489 like all the other VP stuff in this case) for basically free would give people a huge boost in dps/healing whatever they didn't quite earn and it would feel like a mandatory purchase, for starters. I've been raiding in addition to LFR and if it wasn't for a lucky token roll myself on Le Shi, I would still have a blue piece of shit weapon myself. Just the way it is, sometimes you're lucky and sometimes you aren't. It's a lot more frustrating when you know you could be providing substantially more dps to your raid to progress more than killing...whatever it is you are killing 2 seconds faster. Nonetheless, I like it the way it is, it all adds to the challenge of the game.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-12-06 at 08:50 PM.

Welcome to WoW.

I'm in a progression guild, and I didn't replace my 463 weapon until Terrace came out, and a weapon dropped off of Lei Shi.

I've killed heroic bosses and cleared the tier on normal with a blue weapon. I'm sure you don't need an epic for LFR.

I have 4pc tier on my DPS and Tank set already. Also have the Sha touched gem since last week.

Spent 10+ charms on Sha of Fear so far and no weapon. You win some you lose some. Just gotta be patient.

Edit: Got Starshatter from normal MV last night. Took a while but worth it.
    Last edited by BloodGutter; 2012-12-07 at 02:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Op,

I can definitely feel your pain, I'm not going to tell you to do anything different than what your doing in terms of increasing your chances.

I will tell you that sometimes its more important to go through this journey, this long and painful journey to help you change your perspective or even help you rearrange your

priorties for your character progression. I know that sounds real sappy but its the truth you won't get very many introspective opportunites while in the light of great success

but in the shade of struggling and failure is where you'll scrutinize your reward for your efforts and maybe realize, i honestly don't know if it applies to you, that you are earning

greater benefits by being good with what you got so when you get what you want you'll achieve maximum efficiency.

I think you are doing a very good job staying on top of your chances to win.

Deleted
    I'm still stuck with a blue weapon, I feel your pain.
    Better yet I'm a Tranquil Master. Yeah, I cleared 16/16 NORMAL on top of Looking for Retards, still #@&$$ blue gun. Coin rolls always net gold, weapons never drop. I even have god damn 500 agility gem, already 2 weeks in my bank.

GJ blizzard on another tier with cluttered loot tables and items with sub-10% drop chance on 10-man.

Our Hance Shammy in our 10 man group is still using 463 Weapons We're 6/6H MV, 2/6H HoF and 4/4 ToES and been clearing the content every week and still no weapons. Poor guy has the worst RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I can't think of any good reason there's no buyable weapons in MoP for Valor points. Yes, I am well aware that they typically give some classes the best increase in DPS however there's no good reason I can think of for completely omitting them when they can be introduced at a fairly high price (3500 or something) for people that want to grind the points.
    You do realize they haven't added weapons to "Valor Point Vendor" since BC and even then that was just one time? No, wands do not count as at the appropriate times they were not really a weapon as they are today and was more of an item to help out casters since so many would be competing for the roll when they were trying to put minimal in raids. Now that they are a weapon they are no longer included on the new vendors.

So long story short, why is there no buyable weapons in MoP? Because they only did it once in BC so that doesn't make it a precedent on that they should keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    I'm going to sound like a prick, but what exactly do you need this weapon for? If you aren't raiding normal raids than you have no need to upgrade your gear, any 476 pieces you already have is already overkill for whatever it is you are doing with your character. If you are going into LFR looking for a *specific* piece of loot, you are going to have to be patient.
    Horrible logic. Why wouldn't you want something better even if you're only doing heroics? The whole point of the game is to out gear content as it comes at you.

10+ Year Old Account
    and i still dont have an offhand so what

i felt the same way as u.. well i was rocking a 463 staff on my mage (recently upgraded to 471) after having done elegon for 8 weeks in lfr and not getting any drops.. used 14 coins on him as well as 2 on Le Shi 1 on Tsulong and 1 on sha of fear.. .. combined with all the chances of getting a wep i think thats around 0/24..

anyway then i ran scholo just as a random and got the 476 staff from the headmaster.. lol.. now its upgraded to 484.. then i ran lfr this week and won a 474 dagger off protectors too..

my only advice would be to just be patient.. 8 weeks is only 2 months or so but it still is kinda painful.. if not try grinding out a pvp wep.. if u are really awesome in pvp atleast you could grab a pvp wep and possibly upgrade it to higher standards.

Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    I've been grinding daily quests which I HATE every week just to get the 3 elder tokens for a bonus roll on loot.
    90 tokens take all of an hour to get, it's not really that hard to get them. Less time if you only do the tiller dailies which take maybe 5 minutes every couple days.

If I look at all my Elegon kills from LFR, I have 8 kills. 4 Amber shaper and 6 Sha of Fear. 18 rolls on bosses which drop weapons not counting using Elder charms and I've gotten nothing. Now if you also add the 3 charms I've used only on bosses which drop weapons almost every time, that's a lot of chances at getting a weapon, yet still nothing.
    This is RNG. We all have it, though your case does suck.

I can't think of any good reason there's no buyable weapons in MoP for Valor points. Yes, I am well aware that they typically give some classes the best increase in DPS however there's no good reason I can think of for completely omitting them when they can be introduced at a fairly high price (3500 or something) for people that want to grind the points.
    People would save their VP until they got these BECAUSE the weapons are too good, also VP only goes to 3,000.

I'm well aware it is random and extra charms don't guarantee loot, so there's no point bringing it up as I've seen a lot of you do in similar threads. Randomness is fine
    So what is the point of your thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel for OP... been there, not gotten that. The flip side of the RNG coin is this...

I logged in late Tuesday and a friend was on. He was buzzed, ninja-vited me and queued us for MSV LFR... but he queued for Vault of Mysteries by accident. We got a raid that was on Will... killed it in one shot... and the caster mace landed in my bags. That was my first Will LFr kill and in fact my second trip into LFR at all.

There's a druid in our guild who leads our regular raids. LFRs weekly. Is 10-12 ilevels ahead of me. And still has a blue mace.

Moral of the story? RNG is random.

Deleted
    I really like that epic weapons aren't just a push over to get it leaves some goals and things to aim for, now all the raids are open the odds on getting one has gone up alot, stick with it and it will drop for you.

Try being a hunter with these terribly designed loot tables. Both bosses that drop the bow and gun also drop 2-4 other things we can use. So even if you manage to somehow get loot from a coin it ends up being something besides a weapon. Raiding normal and LFR for 2 months and I have yet to replace my 463 bow I got on the third day of MoP.

My thoughts are, why you are so keen about a 476 weapon if you only run LFR?

I'd feel bad for you... but it took me a solid 12+ MC runs to get my Staff of Dominance when I was level 60 (I actually enjoyed 40 man raids, how?). No, I cannot feel sorry for you - grind away or take the suggestion of dropping LFR and do it with a group.

Deleted
    OMG .. RNG is a bitch aint it? took me till last week to get my T2 Chest from Nef and I still wait for my Red Dragonscale Breastplace Recipe from General Drakkisath to drop...

Last week on my ret pally i killed Sha of Fear and got his Axe without using a coin.

I then went into MSV and got Starshatter off Elegon without using coin then either.

RNG is RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by luckybeer View Post
    Horrible logic. Why wouldn't you want something better even if you're only doing heroics? The whole point of the game is to out gear content as it comes at you.
    Horrible logic? No. Good for you if you can get lucky and have better gear than you need for the content you are doing, even if you aren't really raiding, I won't argue that. But this game shouldn't revolve around people getting whatever they want by pointing their finger at it. Yes, RNG can be a bitch, as I said in my post this happens to me all the time. The point I clearly made is you *don't* NEED the weapon. You don't even need it for normal raiding if you are a good player, though it would be nice to have. The OP is commenting how he is unable to obtain a weapon from a place that is already a loot pinata. RNG sucks. He's not even raiding, he really doesn't need it because he's not holding his fellow guildies back because of it.