Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    lol worst part is getting "chat suppressed" qhen using chat to find a group wether you spam it or not and what i found out yesterday is that the silence time is ingame time so logging off and waiting an hour doesnt remove the suppression
    Umm, enlighten me on this. I know there is a spam system in place that prevents repeated quick successions of chat to be spammed which I can understand.

Is there some mechanism that locks you out from chat for a pre-determined time say an hour or more and what is the trigger if this is the case?

The funniest part about it is that, relative to other MMOs at least, this should be by far the easiest game to implement it in. We have no trinity, so we just need a way to find 4 other people out in the world looking to do the same content... As it stands now asking in guild chat is the only option in-game to run anything other than fractals or AC/2 CoF paths.

Quote Originally Posted by Azuri View Post
    Umm, enlighten me on this. I know there is a spam system in place that prevents repeated quick successions of chat to be spammed which I can understand.

Is there some mechanism that locks you out from chat for a pre-determined time say an hour or more and what is the trigger if this is the case?
    Who knows, it's not even just blocking you for quick successive chats. Whatever moronic settings they have for chat suppression somehow block everyone trying to use channels for their intended purposes, while the gold sellers are still having no issues circumventing them and spamming. A guildmate said he said the same lfg message 3 times in a 10 minute timespan and was suppressed -_-
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-06 at 06:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol worst part is getting "chat suppressed" qhen using chat to find a group wether you spam it or not and what i found out yesterday is that the silence time is ingame time so logging off and waiting an hour doesnt remove the suppression
    If you change your message each time you post, you won't get spam suppressed. Make sure to change the order of the words, not just one word here or there.
    Valar morghulis

I don't think I've ever been in a position, in GW2, where I couldn't find people to play with. Whether we're talking in the world, as if grouping up is needed there, or about dungeons, I've always been able to find people quite quickly. That was my core experience in GW2, people just came together fluidly in the world, and that made it outright simple to get a group going for anything. These days I go around with my Guild mostly, but it still comes to the same thing, I don't ever find myself in a position going, "I can't find someone to group with."

I never was against a looking for group or dungeon finder tool, but, I don't really blame Arena.net for not having something like a Dungeon finder tool. They actually brought it up at one point, and people, even some of you here, screamed about how Dungeon Finders and Looking for Group tools took you out of the experience. So when I suddenly see, in the same place, people wanting these tools, some of whom I distinctly remember not wanting them prior.. I have someone to blame, definitely - but it's not arena.net.

I don't think most people are looking for a dungeon finder tool like they have in WoW. But what we would like is a functional LFG tool. That website that people are now referring to is pretty much what was in GW1 as in an game feature. Why they couldn't have just used that is rather puzzling.

Deleted
    I found getting groups quite easy when in lions arch posting on map channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I don't think most people are looking for a dungeon finder tool like they have in WoW. But what we would like is a functional LFG tool. That website that people are now referring to is pretty much what was in GW1 as in an game feature. Why they couldn't have just used that is rather puzzling.
    I'm all for either one, although I'd like a true dungeon-finding tool more. A lot of times I play while I'm doing other things, and it's nice being able to simply queue up for a dungeon and then deal with other stuff while waiting on others. I hate sitting around forever LFG, and the normal "LFG tools" usually result in the same thing; micro-managing your group.

All I can as is I hope not. If you want a quick group, organize a group for yourself. A small group of people you can contact easily to see if people are up for something, or just join a guild and get comfortable. I really don't understand the problem of being social within an online game.

I wouldn't mind if they tweaked their LFG tool to be more like CoH's, where you could add a quick comment, as well as choose what kind of content you were looking for. The current system is pretty laughable, I've seen better placeholder systems in various beta tests.

If they do eventually add an LFD tool, then I would request one feature to be added: Minimum number of runs required. This will allow the entitled players who must complete the dungeon in 5 minutes the ability to never see, and thus bitch and whine, about a non-experienced player joining and ruining their groups. Those players can play with similar-minded players, while I can set mine to 0 runs required and play with other players who don't mind explaining an encounter, taking a minute to let someone look around, or be patient as they attempt a jumping puzzle.

They could literally just make a button that brings up this website: http://gw2lfg.com/
    And that would improve the game experience by a lot. It's that simple.

I don't think anyone would want a wow-like dungeon finder, just a proper tool to advertise (cross-server) what you're looking for.

Wow, first time I've been to that 3rd party LFG site...that's actually pretty good looking. Props to the fine ladies/gentlemen who created it.

Something like that, or what Aion has (here) or even EQ2 (here) would be amazeballs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhh caaaanaadddaaaa (i hate our anthem, actually.)
    you could try gw2lfg.com
    quite handy, and you can post up a LFG/LFM request too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pheika View Post
    you could try gw2lfg.com
    quite handy, and you can post up a LFG/LFM request too
    I haven't used that yet since my guild is very active, but I heard groups form within minutes.

Took a look at the site and refreshed a few times - yes, groups form very quickly there.
    Valar morghulis

current gw2 lfg tool mustve been rushed as no way they actually took time for that
    last few games to not have one eventually got one im pretty sure swtor got one eventually
    Not rush , It is like that in GW 1. So I guess it is like that by design.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viertel View Post
    If your players have to resort to using a website to find groups regularly and in a timely fashion then you've fucking failed as a developer.
    I agree with this. I really enjoy GW2 and it is better than WoW is in some areas, but the lack of a good LFR tool feature is one thing WoW does a lot better. Any major MMO launching today needs to have as a feature from day one, a good LFG tool. No player should feel the need or pressured into using outside websites to enjoy all aspects of a game. Apart from resources which help to understand some of the features of a game. Such as MMO Champ, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No player should feel the need or pressured into using outside websites to enjoy all aspects of a game. Apart from resources which help to understand some of the features of a game. Such as MMO Champ, etc.
    Why do you make this distinction? Bliz allowing addons and macros is a good way to show that they themselves didn't develop all that much either. Lots of people still can't raid without DBM or similar addons, add tell me when, power auras and the rlly lovely fest of noob that was around in wotlk (something with lots of letters that drew circles on the ground where you couldn't stand). Or other raidframes and so on and so forth.

Implementing a tool so players can make the game more fun/playable isn't good development either. Since you're basically saying yea guys we know shit's not working right but here you can fix it yourselves...

10+ Year Old Account
    You dont need it to portal you to the dungeon, you can already do that in GW2, you just need it to group you up and play a loud sound when your group is full. . . then everyone can port to the dungeon via a way point and enter.

Its fucking pathetic that people have to use GW2LFG.com to get a group. There is NO excuse that any fan boy can give that can make that acceptable. Period.

Who are you yelling at Beazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Who are you yelling at Beazy?
    He's yelling at punctuation. Obviously.

;-)
    Valar morghulis

Honestly, if/when guesting is put in, I see absolutely no reason why GW2 can't implement a WoW like LFG system.