Page 1 of 29
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[HELP] Can't Remember the Name of this Game

So i was talking with a friend about old games today during school and i remembered one I haven't played since I was about 6. I can not remember for the life of me what the name of it was.

all i can remember was this.
    I think it took place in a nightmare
    you are in your house which is now infested with monsters and traps (such as bottomless pits in the living room)
    your life meter is shown as ZZZZZZZ
    I think your sister is shrunk and locked inside a bird cage
    the first (ish) boss is a giant pumpkin
    it was on the playstation 1
    and it was a top down view and kinda seemed to play like zelda a bit (find things around the place to be able to progress or fight)

it is going to bug me until i find out what it is called.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Was it Swagman?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Was it Swagman?

.... that looks like it but was that really the name?
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.

Sure is:

I remember because I hate the box art.

10+ Year Old Account
    yep just checked it out and it is.... well that name just sounds stupid now, maybe because of what the term swag is used for now days.

and now i need to play it to fill the weird craving.

Quite the weird craving indeed lol

Glad I could help!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    Quite the weird craving indeed lol

Glad I could help!
    i take it that you mean the game was bad?

Not bad, just weird.

Can someone name THESE games?

Long time lurker, not an often poster. Anyways

Small edit - Both games are PC titles. Doubt either ever came out on a console.

Game 1 -

It was a side scrolling collection type game. You controlled jellyfish and slowly sent more from your bases towards the right of the screen. Each base allowed you to create more jellyfish/aliens so by the end of one map you'd have about 5 bases able to attack just one enemies. There were multiple maps, all running at the same time. Each map had an item you needed to collect, in order to combine so you could get 8 (maybe 12) items to finish the game.

Everything was 2D and "hand drawn", nothing in 3D or with polygons. The verson I had was german, but i've got no idea if there was an english translation.

Game 2 -

It was an RTS, with at least two playable races (maybe 3). There were humans, and aliens, but i never played as the humans. The aliens didn't build bases, they gave birth and evolved their units. It was tottally 3D, but had a very muddy, dirty look to it. Maps looked like they were set in a jungle. You started off with a "mother" unit that looked like a fat green/brown grub with legs, that would birth smaller versions to go collect and cut down wood and mine.

I can vaguely remember either the game devs, or the games logo being some kind of bone formation, almost like the Paradox Entertainment logo.

Any help in naming either of these, will be greatly thanked. I've been trawling the net for years trying to find them, but both are easily over 10, if not 15 years old.
    Last edited by zaxlor; 2012-12-07 at 01:06 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    game 2 sounds a little like starcraft but i would think youd remember a game like that. its not that old and stracraft 2 was released recently. the only thing that doesnt sound right is that in starcraft the resources were minerals and vespian gas, not wood

edit : what platform were they played on?
    Last edited by dokilar; 2012-12-07 at 01:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta admit, when I read "health in zzzz's" and nightmare, I thought of Bart's Nightmare. God that game was hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Game 2 might be AVP on the xbox....
    If you completely ignore his decription of the mother unit. Plus I don't recall that game using lumber or minerals as resources.

And maybe we should have a game identification megathread.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing that game 2 sounds like to me is Warcraft 3. The night-elf race's main building was a big tree that could get up and walk, however they did make buildings... But they did use mining/lumber. I think there were 4 races; humans, orcs, night-elfs, and undead.
    The game is 10 years old and this is the logo(I'm not sure if that is the exact logo, but it is VERY similar to what I remember it being):
    Last edited by Waaldo; 2012-12-07 at 01:22 AM.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    go through the list i guess and see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eractive_games
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zaxlor View Post
    Long time lurker, not an often poster. Anyways

sorry for being offtopic here, i normaly hate when people say that, becouse i know 90% of the time they say it, its pretty much lies, but seing your account is from 2010 and 81 posts tells me somthing different :P

2nd one might be KKnD (krush kill n' destroy)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Gotta admit, when I read "health in zzzz's" and nightmare, I thought of Bart's Nightmare. God that game was hard.
    well apparently this one is too... or maybe i just suck

The second one could be Warbreeds. It could also be Impossible Creatures, but that is less about starting from scratch but more combining multiple animals into new ones. It's also a bit more geared towards children. Also check out Startopia.

I'm also trying to remember a different one. It actually had three-page foldouts in magazines like PC Gamer that showed off all of the evolutionary paths of the units, each of which were vaguely blobbish.

Merged similar threads.