Odd Occurence in Black Temple

So tonight while doing my weekly Black Temple run for the warglaives, i noticed something i hadnt notice before. When Illidan hit about 10-15%, Maeiv placed some sort of mechanical engineering box- like thing on the ground. Just out of curiosity i drug Illidan over to it before he died and when he did, it made blue energy fields around his dying body, then proceeded to close. And Illidan's corpse laid on the ground like normal.

Was wondering if this is something that happens every run and i just dont pay attention, or maybe something they added in 5.1. Real curious though with all the return of Illidan hype. Hope someone can confirm that theyve seen this as well!

This has always been a mechanic for the fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it always happened. Back in the day, tanks had to kite him over those traps. Don't remember what they did though

Okay thanks for the replies! I suppose im just not very attentive. I got my hopes up a little too much :P

Quote Originally Posted by Turin View Post
    Yeah it always happened. Back in the day, tanks had to kite him over those traps. Don't remember what they did though
    It stunned him, preventing him from enraging, and he took increased damage, both for the remainder of the phase. Depending on tank and placement, ~10 seconds of increased damage before he used metamorphosis.

10+ Year Old Account
    How geared does a level 90 have to be in order to solo BT? if that that easy can a level 85 with all MoP Blue's do it?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    How geared does a level 90 have to be in order to solo BT? if that that easy can a level 85 with all MoP Blue's do it?
    You could do it in 85 epics so 85 MoP blues should be fine. I believe it should all be easily soloable with reliquary of souls nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    You only needed 359 / 372 epics at level 85 to solo it, I'm sure a 90 in greens could easily do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    You could do it in 85 epics so 85 MoP blues should be fine. I believe it should all be easily soloable with reliquary of souls nerfed.

Council might still be a pain at 85, depending on class. It's not a total snoozer even at 90.

Quote Originally Posted by Reakash View Post
    You only needed 359 / 372 epics at level 85 to solo it, I'm sure a 90 in greens could easily do it.
    That totally depends on the class, no need to give everyone false hopes.
    Gurtogg will be a total DPS check and the Council can be tricky solo as well unless you know exactly what you're doing.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by fultoejame View Post
    It was used to dispell the enrage effect on Illidan during the last phase and as a bonus made him take more damage while he was trapped.
    As a DK everything there is a faceroll. Council takes a while but I just focused the healer and stood in the aoe as I took hardly any damage. Got my oh glaive on my first solo run :P got right binding too! jammy little git.

How do you even get to Illidan to kill him?

I can't even kill the first boss in BT because i cant explode the bubble...so I just sit there forever not being able to kill him because he keeps healing up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sussex View Post
    How do you even get to Illidan to kill him?

I can't even kill the first boss in BT because i cant explode the bubble...so I just sit there forever not being able to kill him because he keeps healing up.
    they nurfed him he doesnt cast the bubble anymore

Quote Originally Posted by fultoejame View Post
    It was used to dispell the enrage effect on Illidan during the last phase and as a bonus made him take more damage while he was trapped.
    I'm pretty sure they were actually a trick to get your raid out of position so you'd wipe to parasites :<

Seriously, nobody used those traps, they were always placed somewhere god awful (which may explain why you've never noticed them before op).
    Last edited by Windfury; 2012-12-07 at 01:02 PM.