Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    So everyone accused of a crime should meet Justice?
    Do you know what justice means? Everyone accused of a crime does meet justice; if they have not committed the crime in actuality, then justice deals with them accordingly, and the same for the converse.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyopz View Post
    Lol wth? What is with people assuming personal things today rofl. I'm not a soldier yet, just a biochemistry student in University.
    Ok so what qualifications does a biochemistry major who hasn't even lived half his life yet, have that allows him to instantly judge a man as guilty with no evidence other than he admittedly served under Nazi Germany. Let's look at some facts, he joined in 1942 at age 17. The war started in 1939, at which time he was ~14. He would have, during the course of his schooling even prior to the war, been indoctrinated into the Hitler Youth if he was of Aryan eugenics. Even if he wasn't Aryan, he would have been indoctrinated into the party line as early as 1933, when he was ~8 years old. Obviously no child of that age should be pressured into any political stance as they lack the judgement and wisdom to make such decisions. And as has been stated, he most likely enlisted as a regular if he wasn't forced to enlist (which Germany WAS doing by that point in the war.) IF he was a voluntary enlistment, his joining the SS would have came about, as previously mentioned, to save administration costs and time when the SS took over the camps. Prove me wrong. You won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    The problem is how psychotically anti-nazi those people are. Like I said, if Hitler paid you to shine his boots at one point, then these guys want to see you hanged.
    No, that is not true (at least not for me.) I find it odd and telling, however, how you seem to implicitly state that being anti-Nazi is something that is inherently bad.

Camp guards did not just guard the camp, they shot those who ventured too near to the perimeter of the camp, they aided and abetted the slaughter that went on within (by virtue of protecting the processes of the camp), and he essentially facilitated the murder of innocent people. If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 05:21 AM ----------

Hitler never "killed anyone" either, and neither did Stalin. This guy FACILITATED and was an ACCESSORY to the massacre and torture of people.
    You would have tried to liberate the camp at the cost of you dying, and the rest of your family? Lolno.

There is a difference between following orders, to not die, and giving out those orders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Ok so what qualifications does a biochemistry major who hasn't even lived half his life yet, have that allows him to instantly judge a man as guilty
    1. I'm not judging him guilty.
    2. I have the same qualifications, if not more, than the rest of these anonymous posters on MMO-C/the internet.
    3. I am saying that he should be deported to the international court that will deliver justice to him and decide if he is guilty (and thus answerable) for the mentioned crimes or not.

Yes, it matters. Just following orders wasn't an excuse at Nuremberg and it isn't now. Kick him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Those of whom are fatigued at the fact certain people have eluded justice 60 years, to them i say if the passage of time is somehow diminished the true horror these SS inflicted on the un deserving, keep that in mind, anytime you fake some kind of outrage over the next situation that should happen to anybody for any reason including yourselves.

And be reminded when or if you should ever suffer the same fate, how you woul feel about someone have your experience telling you to get over it.

This man must face justice, like all of those who served in Hitlers S.S. I don't think it is unreasonable, to ever seek justice when it is avaliable, the subject being 80 or not, he still lives, while so many others do not.

As for comparing death tolls, and situations to try to compare one horrid situation to another, in defense of something this horriable, your arguement is disingenius at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Well if all he did was guard a camp I really don't see what exactly he did wrong.
    Guards were the ones enforcing Nazi policy (War crimes) in those camps. Saying "I was just following orders" doesn't cut it.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

He was a guard at a camp.

I am no nazi simpathizer, far from it, but I HATE it when people go after the small fry like that. It's just ridiculous. The guy was just doing his job, at a time where the party in power was what it was. If at that time you were not a party member you were pretty much sol. Prosecuting a camp guard is just stupid. The people who say "I would have died trying to liberate the camp!!!!!" are pathetic clowns. No, you would not have. Not only because you would probably have been killed, but also because of the consequences it would have had for your family.

Discussing this kind of thing nowadays is pointless anyway; not only are we in a different century, but I doubt any of us can imagine exactly what kind of era it was during WW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    You would have tried to liberate the camp at the cost of you dying, and the rest of your family? Lolno.

There is a difference between following orders, to not die, and giving out those orders.
    Yes, I would have liberated the camp or died trying. Probably the former, though, since I'm not an idiot despite what most of these posters in this thread would like to think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you know what justice means? Everyone accused of a crime does meet justice; if they have not committed the crime in actuality, then justice deals with them accordingly, and the same for the converse.
    Don't patronize me, I know damn well what Justice is but you act as if someone gets accused then WELL JUSTICE!!!!!!!

This is basically what you are insinuating.

"At 10:00 A.M. X man gets accused of murdering someone despite there being no evidence that they did and wasn't even close to the murder" Verdict? JUSTICE1111111111"

"Man gets accused of sexual assault. JUSTICE111111111111111111111111111111

Not everyone who gets accused is actually guilty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

1. I'm not judging him guilty.
    2. I have the same qualifications, if not more, than the rest of these anonymous posters on MMO-C/the internet.
    3. I am saying that he should be deported to the international court that will deliver justice to him and decide if he is guilty (and thus answerable) for the mentioned crimes or not.
    And those qualifications are? You keep evading the question. You admittedly think you are more qualified to judge this man as guilty than other participants of this thread. Please elaborate.

Edit: Also, it's cute how you dodged the rest of the post too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vuljatar View Post
    yes, it matters. Just following orders wasn't an excuse at nuremberg and it isn't now. Kick him out.
    Amen!

The blood of the innocent demands justice.

JUSTICE

JUSTICE...

None of those Nazi scientists were personally involved in or endorsed or aided/abetted the killing of innocent people other than the manufacturers of Zyklon B (who the United States did not take in after WW2 anyway.)
    You are one damn good hypocrite.

First you go on and on about how Hitler and Stallin never actually killed anyone but they're still murderers because they ordered the deaths of thousands, and now you say the nazi scientists have their hands clean of all the deaths their horrific experiments did. I suppose you will now say that Joseph Mengele is a saint that never actually killed anyone because he never actually did it himself.

Face the truth, those nazi scientists aided in the deaths of thousands, and they were still granted asylum and full pardon BY YOUR GOVERNMENT. Ditto for countless Gestapo officers, soviet scientists, and more.

Hey, when a mass murderer is useful to Uncle sam, lets cut them some slack, but when they're just honest folk trying to survive, lets show them our self-righteousness.

Right?

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would have liberated the camp or died trying. Probably the former, though, since I'm not an idiot despite what most of these posters in this thread would like to think.
    No, you have absolutely no idea what you would do back then.
    You're a beneficiary of common history textbooks and the internet.
    If you went back in time with all the knowledge you have now, maybe you would attempt to liberate the camp.
    However, if you were in his shoes, in the period of history in which this happened, you don't have a single idea what you would do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't patronize me, I know damn well what Justice is but you act as if someone gets accused then WELL JUSTICE!!!!!!!

This is basically what you are insinuating.

"At 10:00 A.M. X man gets accused of murdering someone despite there being no evidence that they did and wasn't even close to the murder" Verdict? JUSTICE1111111111"

"Man gets accused of sexual assault. JUSTICE111111111111111111111111111111

Not everyone who gets accused is actually guilty.
    You misunderstand the concept of justice. Justice does not confer "guilty," but rather confers adequate and acceptable treatment of whatever the results of a trial are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amen!

The blood of the innocent demands justice.

JUSTICE

JUSTICE...

See what I'm saying.

JUSTICE11111111111111111111 RAWR

That is what you are portraying yourself as. Evidence be damned, JUSTICE11111111111111111

You misunderstand the concept of justice. Justice does not confer "guilty," but rather confers adequate and acceptable treatment of whatever the results of a trial are.

No I know full well what Justice is, stop patronizing me. What you're suggesting is unfair treatment of this man. It doesn't matter to you if he was forced. JUSTICE111111111111111
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    You are one damn good hypocrite.

First you go on and on about how Hitler and Stallin never actually killed anyone but they're still murderers because they ordered the deaths of thousands, and now you say the nazi scientists have their hands clean of all the deaths their horrific experiments did. I suppose you will now say that Joseph Mengele is a saint that never actually killed anyone because he never actually did it himself.

Face the truth, those nazi scientists aided in the deaths of thousands, and they were still granted asylum and full pardon BY YOUR GOVERNMENT. Ditto for countless Gestapo officers, soviet scientists, and more.

Hey, when a mass murderer is useful to Uncle sam, lets cut them some slack, but when they're just honest folk trying to survive, lets show them our self-righteousness.

Right?
    I love your posts.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 10:25 PM ----------

Also, I like how you completely dodged my post earlier about your personal definition of justice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    No, you have absolutely no idea what you would do back then.
    You're a beneficiary of common history textbooks and the internet.
    If you went back in time with all the knowledge you have now, maybe you would attempt to liberate the camp.
    However, if you were in his shoes, in the period of history in which this happened, you don't have a single idea what you would do.
    He was a guard at a death camp; he saw people as young as 4 years old being gassed and then shipped for incineration (soldiers do communicate and those working at the incinerators during the Final Solution almost undoubtedly would have spread word of what was happening) and stood by while they met their doom.

Stop acting like he was ignorant and blind to it all because that was almost certainly not the case.

So everyone accused of a crime should meet Justice?

I honestly don't know anymore. I was in..middle school when this was happening. Still remember this one school staff member who got drafted or requested to go to basic training and after that..supposedly Iraq. A bunch of girls were sobbing their hearts out as this guy was leaving(The guy was attractive supposedly).

Was a weird experience.
    I was also in middle school, 8th grade. My favourite social studies teacher went to teach the 5th graders because he had a degree for all subjects or some crap and the teacher for 5th grade had gone off to iraq.