Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSizeIt View Post
    Those restrictions seem so archaic to me. Level limitations or character slots are one thing, but disabling action bars seems silly, and not a terribly compelling way to entice players to move to a full subscription.
    I wonder what's stopping them from making more dumbass decisions without thinking like selling spells or individual action bar slots instead of the actual bar.

I'm a God, just not the kind you should tangle with.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Funny how before MoP i liked to collect pets. getting that 125th pet and such.

But with pet battles i stopped, done 10 matches and was done with it.
    no idea what it is, too overwhelming much pets to catch, or just too much travel to get it all done.

where some gained a fun minigame, i guess i lost my love for the pets

That is what happened to many, many, many pet collectors. You worked long and hard on a unique and huge pet collection and suddenly you get three times as many new pets into the game and almost all your pets have 3 or 4 almost identical "copies". On top of that the pet market got ruined by accountwide pets(the doubled pets all ended up on the AH...and you can easily transfer them from one server to the other...so even on small servers they are rediculous cheap compared to the farming time now) and it's really easy to buy all your old pets now. Not to mention that it sucks to get all your old pets from level 1 to 25 while you can catch most of the new ones as level20+.

The process of finding a rare pet with perfect breed(flying from one pet fight to the next just to retreat right away) is not exactly a gameplay highlight either. Neither is flying daily from one tamer to the next to level your pet and get those rare stones(how about increasing exp. on normal pet fights and giving us just one tamer a days that definitely drops a stone?).

And as if all that wasn't enough. No. Designers discourage players even more by essentially saying "hey, once you get those rare pets done, we will introduce them as epic quality and you can start over again. And just to spice it up: We got no idea what will we do with gender and breed next.". For a mini game this is an impressively huge time sink(hwne trying to catch all pets as rare 25 versions...let alone perfect breed)...I think it actually beats "Insane in the Membrane" already by far.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2012-12-07 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Never understood how the SWTOR team thought they should charge for action bars. I mean, what is next? Charging to use the mouse while playing the game? When F2P starts charging for UI features you know they are desperate or stupid if not both.

As for the pet battle system in wow. XP needs to be shared amongst the pet team as a whole with reduction for carried pets
    Reroll, same class, same character name, same look. It's the same character.

no idea what it is, too overwhelming much pets to catch, or just too much travel to get it all done.

You're not alone, I have the same feeling. Jumping from 125 to 600 pretty much killed part of the uniqueness and obtainability. Kind of a "why bother, as soon as I get to #500, they'll introduce another 50". And the happyness of finally getting a Silk Worm or a Terrible Turnip fades when you realize that "this week, everyone and their alts got 3 to 4...". Yay, another rare that isn't.

It also killed the pet market for alliance/horde pets - why should anyone buy a particular pet when you can get 30 different ones in the wild to satisfy the achievement points.

I think Big Bear at thebigbearbutt.com has a post about the huge number of pets and what that meant for him as well.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

100% agree, I wish i knew what was up. I had every pet in the game except 5 (hand from Arch, spectral tiger kitten, ethereal soul trade and 2 of the crocs from the fishing daily). Now it feels like my achievement was 'removed' since it's soo easy to get now and that infuriates me.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Ganking is a major problem, and has nothing to do with legitimate PvP. Its little more then cyberbullying.
    This is really lol worthy. Honestly you have obviously never been bullied. You voluntarily show up on a PVP realm and when you can't compete against the players there you want everyone to stop playing the game the way it was meant to be played so you could do what you like whenever you like. That's a hefty sense of entitlement there. Actually the gankers are the ones following the rules of the server and you are the one trying to bully them into playing how you think it should be played.

To look at it from another perspective the gankers all rolled on a pvp server so they could gank people like yourself, now you are upset and want blizz to change the server rules so you could have your way instead of you just leaving to a server where the rules support how you would like to play. Why should blizz punish the players who are actually playing the game the way it was meant to be played? You made the mistake of rolling on the wrong server so you should have the consequences of fixing that ( paying server transfer fees or rerolling a new toon ), not ruining the game for everyone who enjoys pvp servers as they are now.

I don't understand the complaining about PvP realms, I play on one of the busiest US PvP realms and its still quite rare that I experience a problem. The trick is to queue for an instance or BG or even alt-tab for 10 mins and they will be long gone. Once every two hours usually, so its not so bad.

I originally rolled on a PvE realm that had an understanding that at 60, you would turn on your PvP flag UNLESS you were helping out lowbies. So it was a server that played like a PvP realm that was fair on both sides (ie: Both factions are max level)
    This is what first got me interested in PvP, and why I wasn't opposed to moving to a PvP realm later on. Sure, the first time I got ganked I was pissed, but I wrote down the guy's name, then found and camped him in return when I was maxed out. ^-^ All's fair in love and war, ya know?
    Sadly, the realm I started on no longer does the 'PvP at max level' thing. But I sometimes wonder if setting up a server like that for those who want to PvP, but not until they're max level may be an option? Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    Reroll, same class, same character name, same look. It's the same character.
    Did you quote the right post? I can't for the life of me figure out what this has to do with what you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    I don't understand the complaining about PvP realms, I play on one of the busiest US PvP realms and its still quite rare that I experience a problem. The trick is to queue for an instance or BG or even alt-tab for 10 mins and they will be long gone. Once every two hours usually, so its not so bad.
    It's the way it is. I've been strictly PvP realms since Classic WoW and we had these same complaints even back then. The lesson here is that if you complain about being attacked while questing/gathering/leveling, or you don't like the griefing, you are on the wrong realm type and Blizz has always maintained the same position. PvP realms used to be the Badge of Toughness, it's gotten even worse since most people playing on a PvP server should not have rolled there in the first place. I hate to say it but the PvE players are actually smarter than people on PvP servers who complain endlessly about it, at least they know what they want. If you really want to play with friends, this is your entry cost. Sorry if a 90 is attacking your level 30, just deal with it.

i wish someone would ask if they have any plans to reduce the health of these daily mobs. they're such a pain to kill.

oh, and... off topic but, cory stockton is kinda cute <3

The same thing happened to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    Why do people complain about ganking if they play on a PvP server. It really confuses me...
    I play on a PvP server and I never complain about anything related to world PvP. Anything but this.

Everyone brushes it off with all of these terrible analogies that "log off or just AFK for 10-15 min and they'll disappear" or "get friends to come and help you out" or "if you hate PvP then why are you playing there?"

It's all a bunch of guff.

Firstly, I want to know what the POINT of being at level cap and going around to low level zones and picking people off is. There IS NO point. If it entertains you then you have a LOT of self-insecurities that you probably aren't even aware of. Going and targetting defenseless players is weak, at best. Are you too scared to take on someone of your own level and possibly someone w/ better gear than you? Or do you just gain some kind of twisted joy out of turning someone else's gaming experience sour?

I've tried the "AFK for a while and they'll leave" approach many times over. It doesn't work. Gankers/campers/griefers are RELENTLESS. I AFK'd as a ghost and came back, more than once, to parties of 4-5 90's standing around my corpse dancing.

Call for friends? WHAT FRIENDS?! I'm in a small, close-knit guild, most of our players know each other in real life. Also, none of them really like to PvP so how could they help me? I'd ask for help via gen chat, but every time I have not ONE person gave a damn.

I don't hate PvP. I actively participate in PvP when the mood hits me. But REAL PvP - not taking advantage of some lowbie to satisfy myself. Most of the time if I openly attack another player I'll lose, I can admit that, but at least I'm going after someone "of my own size."

It's a question of ethics, in a way, as well. It's VERY poor for Blizz to say "We know that we've created a terrible monster. We acknowledge that this is causing a BIG problem for a large number of players. We know perfectly well that this behaviour is detrimental to the enjoyment of other players in the game. We also know that this is stoppable/preventable. We don't care that you're being made so you cannot enjoy your gaming experience, despite the fact that you're paying us to play. We'll just sit here and let this other group over here, who clearly pose a severely unfair advantage over you, enjoy THEIR gaming time instead because we fell you're just a bunch of babies who can't grow balls."

FURTHERMORE they were just going on, at some lenght, not even a week ago, about how "unfair PvP advantages in BGs needs to stop. We didn't ever intend premades to become so prevalent. These premade groups are too highly organized and have a distinct advantage over the randomized group on the opposition. It's making people ragequit and we don't think that is ok!!"

How is it any different? You go to a PvP server expecting PvP, yes. You expect the OCCASIONAL ganking, of course you do - you'd be stupid not to. You queue for a battleground to participate in PvP, duh. You also queue for this BG knowing PERFECTLY WELL that there's a distinct chance that you'll be pitted up against a premade group from some server or another, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

So why take the side of ONE group suffering a severe PvP disadvantage that they, too, also knowingly put themselves into...but then refuse to even acknowledge that the other side has an issue that's JUST as valid?

I'm no ragequitter. When I play WoW I'd rather enjoy it; not get so frustrated that I lose sight of why I even play in the first place. I realize that not everyone in this game is going to be nice and kind and thoughtful...but this is just REALLY AWFUL double standard policy practice by Blizzard.

Ill add my name to the list of dissapointed pet collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaidrae View Post
    I play on a PvP server and I never complain about anything related to world PvP. Anything but this.

Everyone brushes it off with all of these terrible analogies that "log off or just AFK for 10-15 min and they'll disappear" or "get friends to come and help you out" or "if you hate PvP then why are you playing there?"

It's all a bunch of guff.

Firstly, I want to know what the POINT of being at level cap and going around to low level zones and picking people off is. There IS NO point. If it entertains you then you have a LOT of self-insecurities that you probably aren't even aware of. Going and targetting defenseless players is weak, at best. Are you too scared to take on someone of your own level and possibly someone w/ better gear than you? Or do you just gain some kind of twisted joy out of turning someone else's gaming experience sour?

I've tried the "AFK for a while and they'll leave" approach many times over. It doesn't work. Gankers/campers/griefers are RELENTLESS. I AFK'd as a ghost and came back, more than once, to parties of 4-5 90's standing around my corpse dancing.

Call for friends? WHAT FRIENDS?! I'm in a small, close-knit guild, most of our players know each other in real life. Also, none of them really like to PvP so how could they help me? I'd ask for help via gen chat, but every time I have not ONE person gave a damn.

I don't hate PvP. I actively participate in PvP when the mood hits me. But REAL PvP - not taking advantage of some lowbie to satisfy myself. Most of the time if I openly attack another player I'll lose, I can admit that, but at least I'm going after someone "of my own size."

It's a question of ethics, in a way, as well. It's VERY poor for Blizz to say "We know that we've created a terrible monster. We acknowledge that this is causing a BIG problem for a large number of players. We know perfectly well that this behaviour is detrimental to the enjoyment of other players in the game. We also know that this is stoppable/preventable. We don't care that you're being made so you cannot enjoy your gaming experience, despite the fact that you're paying us to play. We'll just sit here and let this other group over here, who clearly pose a severely unfair advantage over you, enjoy THEIR gaming time instead because we fell you're just a bunch of babies who can't grow balls."

FURTHERMORE they were just going on, at some lenght, not even a week ago, about how "unfair PvP advantages in BGs needs to stop. We didn't ever intend premades to become so prevalent. These premade groups are too highly organized and have a distinct advantage over the randomized group on the opposition. It's making people ragequit and we don't think that is ok!!"

How is it any different? You go to a PvP server expecting PvP, yes. You expect the OCCASIONAL ganking, of course you do - you'd be stupid not to. You queue for a battleground to participate in PvP, duh. You also queue for this BG knowing PERFECTLY WELL that there's a distinct chance that you'll be pitted up against a premade group from some server or another, EVERYONE KNOWS THIS.

So why take the side of ONE group suffering a severe PvP disadvantage that they, too, also knowingly put themselves into...but then refuse to even acknowledge that the other side has an issue that's JUST as valid?

I'm no ragequitter. When I play WoW I'd rather enjoy it; not get so frustrated that I lose sight of why I even play in the first place. I realize that not everyone in this game is going to be nice and kind and thoughtful...but this is just REALLY AWFUL double standard policy practice by Blizzard.
    I agree with allllll of this lol
    Most corpse campers do not go away in 10 minutes...
    Prior to CRZ my server had (could possibly still have) a hunter that camped hellfire for over 3 months....it took me over a week to get through hellfire with triple experience
    And this guy was not in it for PVP...he would run from every lvl 85 I brought to him...the same thing over and over...fly into blood furnace, hearth back to honor hold. go back to camping lowbies.

The blue post itself was entirely a joke...the ganking is more dangerous then it ever has been with so many factors. CRZ, a level difference that grows every expansion, a health difference that like grows by the multiple of 10x every expansion it seems, the fact that while leveling you are stuck to the ground while every high level ganker is going to have the fastest flying mount. It's easy to say ok...I will level in a new zone, but the trick is getting out of the hell your stuck in because you have a guy sitting on your body.

I also had to laugh at the one post in the middle of all this that says its hard to get PvP guilds to get excited about their new world pvp. its because the majority would rather go to a low level zone and 1 shot people...

They sure are driving swtor into the ground

You guys complaining seem to miss the point of pvp servers. If you want organized pvp only when you are in the mood then that is what pve realms and BG's are for. PVP realms are meant for killing anyone at anytime you please, even if it is an inconvenience to the other player involved. PVP realms allow us to try and take control of entire areas of the map if you choose and your only option is to fight back or leave. I remember back in wrath taking over Stormwind for a few hours with raids and owning everyone in there, no matter the level. I can imagine that must of sucked being on the other end of that because it happened in Org several times as well. Its what makes pvp servers fun for the people who really want to pvp. It adds extra tension having a little bit of unpredictability, chaos and god forbid freedom to do what you like in your game, and is the entire point of pvp realms. If you don't want any unplanned pvp going on around you then that's what pve realms are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    You guys complaining seem to miss the point of pvp servers. If you want organized pvp only when you are in the mood then that is what pve realms and BG's are for. PVP realms are meant for killing anyone at anytime you please, even if it is an inconvenience to the other player involved. PVP realms allow us to try and take control of entire areas of the map if you choose and your only option is to fight back or leave. I remember back in wrath taking over Stormwind for a few hours with raids and owning everyone in there, no matter the level. I can imagine that must of sucked being on the other end of that because it happened in Org several times as well. Its what makes pvp servers fun for the people who really want to pvp. It adds extra tension having a little bit of unpredictability, chaos and god forbid freedom to do what you like in your game, and is the entire point of pvp realms. If you don't want any unplanned pvp going on around you then that's what pve realms are for.
    While I see your point, (even though I disagree against a lot of it) I don't see that as how pvp servers work anymore. People don't care to work together or holding points or places. People go out of their ways to make the game less enjoyable for other people and that is all. In this age, a high level will focus in on one person and follow him all around the zone (which isn't far because they can fly at like 300% speed) and will make sure that person has to log off or just sit there. And The big issue with CRZ is that this scenario happens a lot more often because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    It is obvious that this has not been Blizzard's stance on this since the dark ages, no matter what they say. Dishonorable Kills existed for a very long time just as much on PvP servers as they did on PvE servers. If Blizzard always supported ganking, why did DHK's exist? When I rolled on a PvP server to play with my friends back in 2005, this DHK system was in full swing. I now have 8 85+ characters and 3 bank alts with guild banks.

I am supposed to pay $275 now to take all of my toons to a PvE server because blizzard has changed the way the game works and now I'm screwed?

Griefing isn't even my biggest complaint about CRZ. I am on a very low pop US server. We were second to last in opening the Isle of Quel'Danas phases and dailies. As such, our economy is crap. That's OK for me I thought, I"ll just level a miner and herbalist and go out and farm the stuff myself for what I need instead of paying 500g a stack for ore off the AH.

Now, however, not only is my economy still atrocious, I can't even go out and farm the materials instead since they are being ran over by bots. So basically I not only lose the small town feel that my server had, and the peace of leveling without being ganked, and instead have the worst of both worlds. Terrible economy along with no way to get the materials myself in a normal fashion, nor level a toon without being hassled.

So I guess which one of you CRZ supporters would like to foot the $275 bill for transferring? Since it's not that big of a deal for all of us "whiners" to transfer to a PvE server.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    While I see your point, (even though I disagree against a lot of it) I don't see that as how pvp servers work anymore. People don't care to work together or holding points or places. People go out of their ways to make the game less enjoyable for other people and that is all. In this age, a high level will focus in on one person and follow him all around the zone (which isn't far because they can fly at like 300% speed) and will make sure that person has to log off or just sit there. And The big issue with CRZ is that this scenario happens a lot more often because of it.
    I don't think world pvp has ever been about anything other than ganking. The only remotely useful objectives have been EPL towers (for guilds doing Naxx) and Zang (for the shorter ghost run back to SSC). All other scenarios have existed in the game since the first day someone hit max level, got bored, and decided to gank lowbies for fun. Escaping from gankers nowadays is trivial compared to before. 15 minute hearth cooldown? BG/Dungeon queues which teleport you straight to the instance? Sorry, I have zero sympathy for people playing on PvP servers these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombinshaman View Post
    If Blizzard always supported ganking, why did DHK's exist?
    Ganking and killing quest NPCs are not the same thing.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.