Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    I don't give a crap about farming bots. Hell, I want some chinese farmers on my server so that I don't have to spend thousands of gold on low-medium level mats required to level up a profession.

BG bots are horrible because they ruin the game for their own faction, 1st and foremost.

Quote Originally Posted by Temporary Poster View Post
    BG bots are horrible because they ruin the game for their own faction, 1st and foremost.
    Meanwhille my bot geared a character he achieved 72% win/loss ratio so i'm confindent it's AI is better at this game then quite a bit of players.

Deleted
    BG bot problem could be solved if they introduced personal rating (+proper matching) for random BGs. Typical botters would be kept at the lowest ratings, away from normal players).

I can't believe how so many people actually believe botting is at an epidemic in WoW.

WoW has always had just as many botters, a few of you seem to have only JUST noticed them and reinforce each others idea that it was not like this before.

10+ Year Old Account

This is why he got a three hour ban. If you lost faith in Blizzard for following a suspension policy they've had in place for a while now, why do you still play their game? Back in WotLK you'd get the whole "3-strikes you're out" policy, myself and a friend found out (former botters). It's changed since then, but yes the basic warning is 3hrs then it ramps up. I wouldn't be surprised if botting would be a reason Blizz would want to skip over a few of those levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machomaije View Post
    So, my friend got caught for using a bot. My first thought was "Oh, maybe blizzard do ban bots in waves like they say they do".
    But then he told me he only got a 3 hour ban.............. Are you fucking serious, Blizzard?

How does it help to give them a 3 hour ban? It makes no sense at all. Banning people in waves every 3 month, giving them a 3 hour ban. Woho, totally solves the bot problem.

Lost faith in Blizzard a long time ago.
    Blizzard is just being health conscious. Banning them for 3 hours, they can catch up on some much needed Zzzzzs. Bots need sleep too.

Deleted
    Maybe im wrong here but i think both your forum ban and warnings erases every time a new expansion gets released.

I myself has been banned like 15+ times. Only a 3 hour ban in MOP and no bans at all in CATA. But man TBC lol you got banned for nothing.

So, my friend got caught for using a bot. My first thought was "Oh, maybe blizzard do ban bots in waves like they say they do".
    But then he told me he only got a 3 hour ban.............. Are you fucking serious, Blizzard?

How does it help to give them a 3 hour ban? It makes no sense at all. Banning people in waves every 3 month, giving them a 3 hour ban. Woho, totally solves the bot problem.

Also, if your friend gets permabanned, he can just turn around and say, "My account was compromised", and there's a good 90% chance that he'll be unbanned within 24 hours.

I don't promote cheating or incest. Those are my morals. With that in perspective, I know SEVERAL high end players that refuse to grind their alts. They bot, they get the gear, they shelf the bot = they play by hand.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    No news there.
    Bot users really only got a small chance to get banned if they get caught moving lots of gold between bank, guild bank or another person. Blizzard really has no way to detect bots.
    Warden would like to have a word with you

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov View Post
    Also, if your friend gets permabanned, he can just turn around and say, "My account was compromised", and there's a good 90% chance that he'll be unbanned within 24 hours.

Ip address would disprove this fast.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Warden would like to have a word with you

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 11:08 AM ----------

Warden is not even close to as good as it used to me. Bot developers are putting Warden to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawxey View Post
    I can't believe how so many people actually believe botting is at an epidemic in WoW.

WoW has always had just as many botters, a few of you seem to have only JUST noticed them and reinforce each others idea that it was not like this before.
    On the gathering side of the house that is probably true. I remember farming runecloth and you had toons running in circles in Western Plaguelands for hours. It was really common where there was a specific gathering spot for some material. And the other gathering pieces most of us would never notice because we never go to where they farm. So, I agree there.

On the pvp side of the house, no way. Were there bots? Sure, I remember in Vanilla AV having a bot auto-inviting people to the raid. Back then you had to manually form them and the bot was literally ruining our ability to get everyone on the same page. There was also the great AFK epidemic of TBC where 1/2 the team would go AFK in the cave, hit the jump button, hide under bridges, hop on the wall treadmill, etc.

But the 85-89 bracket is insane at the moment. Are guys exaggerating that they are the only player in a BG? I don't know, I've only seen close to that a couple of times. Once in IoC where 20+ toons followed each other to no where. Saw a game with 8 of 10 sitting at LH in Gilneas. Definitely a bot crew because of how they behaved when we finally decided to 3-cap. But every single game in that bracket there were always some guy's AFK, or on auto-follow, and a ton of toons putting up numbers that didn't make sense. Randoms have always been bad but never that bad and I've run a lot, I mean really a lot, of pug pvp.

Simply no way that the game isn't in the worst state for bots that I've seen it.

damn I got a 24 hour ban for ninja looting first offense ever never even had a warning on the account yet. Thats bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well... the bots pay too. And Blizzard only sees cash. Why remove a source of income?
    Not only is this totally stupid, even from a solely capitalistic point of view (less client satisfaction = less money), this is also wrong. Most bots do not in fact pay, they are mostly compromised accounts used for gold farming and transferring and the owner can cancel the payment when they realize their accounts had been stolen, getting the money back and making Blizzard actually directly LOSE money from having bots around.

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post

This is why you use a vpn service for botting. Just make sure to use another country.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-12-07 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

This is why he got a three hour ban. If you lost faith in Blizzard for following a suspension policy they've had in place for a while now, why do you still play their game? Back in WotLK you'd get the whole "3-strikes you're out" policy, myself and a friend found out (former botters). It's changed since then, but yes the basic warning is 3hrs then it ramps up. I wouldn't be surprised if botting would be a reason Blizz would want to skip over a few of those levels.
    I don't think it's necessary since many botted accounts brake more than one rule at a time, allowing Blizzard to hit them with the perma-ban a lot faster. There are accounts using bot, flight hack and selling gold out there, considering bots don't respond to "warning", that's already 4 steps down the maw in one go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post

They've changed a great deal since Vanilla. I've gotten 72hr suspension for a first offense and then a final warning afterwards back in vanilla for saying some obscenities in general chat. Never were there a warning or <72hr suspension

Now it takes multiple warnings and suspensions just to ban a botter, which ruins gameplay much more than saying things in chat.

10+ Year Old Account

I want to see proof. I don't buy this one bit. He may have got a 3 hour ban, but it wasn't for botting.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Exileos View Post
    The ban is stupid and doesn't help an inch, but regarding actually detecting bots, Blizzard relies us to register bots for their ban waves.

The bots just make an injection to the WoW files, which they can't detect.
    The bot programs themselves hides in RAM, where Blizzard can't detect them.
    Blizzard got in trouble because of Warden's privacy breaches, so they can't make Warden more effective.

I really can't get of a permanent solution for Blizzard's bot problem that does not get them in bad light.
    We throw shit at Blizzard for not doing anything about bots, and if they did do something about it we would throw the shit even harder because now they invade our privacy.
    They rely on band-aid fixes and futile ban waves to keep the game running.. ahem bot free.
    And the 3 hour bans obviously help so much.

Sucks to be Blizzard.
    Right? It's literally the same shitstorm as Origin, but people act like Blizzard should just magically know "that guy is a bot" "this guy isn't he just doesn't talk much".
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Well... the bots pay too. And Blizzard only sees cash. Why remove a source of income?
    This is one of the dumbest argument if I have ever seen one.
    Do you honestly think that income from botters is greater than all the losses from all the people who quit because they are sick of bots?
    The night is dark and full of terrors...