Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    That's where I stopped reading because of the ignorance of your post. Blizzard didn't do anything intentional to make server fall into the low population zone. That's the players fault. If you pick a med. pop realm and one day there's no one left, that's your fault not Blizzards. Just like it's not Blizzards fault you thought a PvP server would be fun only to realize you wanted to go PvE.
    You probably should have kept reading because you chose to completely twist my words instead of attempting to actually comprehend what I was saying.

Blizzard very simply opened too many servers during the population boom, not anticipating what a fall in subscribers would do to many of those servers. They created those servers and then they let the populations on them continue to fall instead of doing something about it earlier...they outright refuse to ever merge or close servers because as the argument others have stated goes, it'd be bad business because it would inevitably lead to people claiming that the game was dying.

So yes, Blizzard is at fault for letting those servers fall into the low population zone in the first place, intentional or not, directly or indirectly. They've known for a very long time that there are extremely high pop servers where players have high queue times, and then there are such extremely low pop servers that pretty much nothing will ever save them because instead of people joining them, people are leaving them because there's no one on them to begin with.

In my opinion (notice how I point out it's an opinion), CRZ just looks like they put a bandaid where stitches were needed.

That's fine and all, but I wonder how many new players quit because they were camped so much they couldn't even level...

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    That's fine and all, but I wonder how many new players quit because they were camped so much they couldn't even level...
    not to sound bad or anything but

inb4 then they shouldn't have rolled a pvp server

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking isnt pvp. Should instantly downgrade you to the appropriate level whenever you enter a low level zone.

Quote Originally Posted by hiragana View Post
    Ganking isnt pvp. Should instantly downgrade you to the appropriate level whenever you enter a low level zone.
    would be nice unfortunatly that would lead to the gankers qqing that the cant gank anymore or beat some1 their own level....

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm of two minds on this issue.

While I agree with Daxxari, in that it is to be expected on PvP realms - I also have to shake my head at the type of people who think it's a fun pastime.

World PvP is a dead, old concept anyway. When was the last time you ever got into a fair fight in the open world? I sure as hell can't remember.

PvP servers used to be great when there was actual world PvP, but now if you play on one it's mostly just frustrating. There's a reason I play on a PvE server now.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm of two minds on this issue.

While I agree with Daxxari, in that it is to be expected on PvP realms - I also have to shake my head at the type of people who think it's a fun pastime.

sadly the ppl that find ganking a fun past time are those that suck at bg's/rbg/arena or those that are just bored,

im usually bored waiting to do lfr but i don't spend that time ganking horde
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2012-12-07 at 09:22 PM.

There's a lot of blue asslicking here, and some even say that "WAR" is back in world of warcraft, yeah if you by WAR mean taking your 90 with a flying mount to kill a level 25 on his measly first mount then sure WAR is going on, it's like saying soldiers with guns killing defenseless people is WAR.

There's little to no "real" world PvP, also stop being a dick in game just to boost your very low selfesteem.

Do some real PvP like a real man instead, oh wait i forgot, then you would lose and you can't have that taint your selfesteem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brickerz View Post
    PvP is defined as player versus player. Player A attacking or being attacked byPlayer B, that is PvP. I'm not sure how ganking falls outside of the definition of PvP. Please elaborate.
    I dont give a fuck what the dictionary definition is, when player B does absolutely no playing because he is getting 1 shotted, then IN MY OPINION i dont consider that PVP. I just find the whole thing very sad, who has so much free time that they enjoy 1 shotting low level players. Oh well, more reason for people to only stand in cities spamming dungeon finder, good job blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortiegama View Post
    $200 is an adequate amount to pay for your own choices though. PvP Realms are like doing 75 in a 55 MPH zone. You chose to do that 75 MPH and now you're getting a ticket for it. Could've played it safe and done 55 MPH (PvE Realm) but that was your decision. Time to make for your own decisions.

Really, how do you blame a company, that supplied you a game, for mistakes you made in-game?
    Oh please. When people started to play on these realms they were completly fine most of the time. Then Blizzard introduced some features whom they promised would be kept under close surveillance who completly and utterly destroyed the population ratios of a great many servers. And your solution to this problem is to use those exact services and pay a hell of a lot of money so you can actually play again.

It's like the government suddenly digging holes in the street you're driving down, putting mines all over the place and charging you an insane ammount of money if the road that was perfectly fine till that moment isn't to your liking anymore.

The problem isn't ganking or attacking someone. It's not Player A vs Player B. It is Player A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,A2,B2,C3 and about a hundred others vs Player Z23 and player A24.

Would you play Battlefield if there would be 200 people on one and 5 people on the other team? No you wouldn't! Because it simply isn't going to work that way. But somehow according to you people it is when it comes to WoW.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2012-12-07 at 09:32 PM.

They way i read it is player verse player....as in each player is versing. If you are 1 shoting someone there isn't even a verse.
    it's pvNothing lol

Just out of curiousity...if I walked up to and infant and punched him in the face...would you consider it as me winning a fist fight?
    Last edited by S2omegaS2; 2012-12-07 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by S2omegaS2 View Post
    They way i read it is player verse player....as in each player is versing. If you are 1 shoting someone there isn't even a verse.
    it's pvNothing lol

Just out of curiousity...if I walked up to and infant and punched him in the face...would you consider it as me winning a fist fight?
    rolf thats's the 1st brilliant inaligy ive seen on this subject

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    The problem isn't ganking or attacking someone. It's not Player A vs Player B. It is Player A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,A2,B2,C3 and about a hundred others vs Player Z23 and player A24.

Would you play Battlefield if there would be 200 people on one and 5 people on the other team? No you wouldn't! Because it simply isn't going to work that way. But somehow according to you people it is when it comes to WoW.
    Battlefield isn't an MMO. It's an instanced PvP environment. It's comparable to battlegrounds, not world PvP.

World PvP is inherently and deliberately unfair.

And for that matter, population issues are at heart a player-created problem. The issue is that some players choose to transfer to servers where they'll be on the winning side, and others don't want to face an imbalance so transfer away, so most servers which start to lean one way will hit a break point and slide to a complete state of imbalance. There's no easy way to fix that without forcing people to transfer, which would cause vastly more QQ than this does. Even merging servers doesn't help if we're talking about servers that are already fairly populated; you can't merge two high-pop servers without increasing queue times significantly.

So again, you're blaming Blizzard for the actions and choices of the community. People seriously need to start taking responsibility for their own choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofcourse they blame blizzard, they are the only ones that can fix things in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say I totally agree with Daxxari. Which is why 4 months ago I swapped to a PvE server.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 09:59 PM ----------

I dont give a fuck what the dictionary definition is, when player B does absolutely no playing because he is getting 1 shotted, then IN MY OPINION i dont consider that PVP. I just find the whole thing very sad, who has so much free time that they enjoy 1 shotting low level players. Oh well, more reason for people to only stand in cities spamming dungeon finder, good job blizzard.
    There is something that can be done. Get a friend or Guildie to come kill that ganker. It solves the problem and by your own definition of fairness has created W-PvP.
    If you do not want to ask for somebodies help then it's your fault.

I see and witness things like this all the time where these things escalate because somebody got ganked, STV and the Dark Portal at the Blasted Lands are good examples.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-07 at 10:01 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So again, you're blaming Blizzard for the actions and choices of the community. People seriously need to start taking responsibility for their own choices.
    Wrong. Blizzard made it possible for people to do what they did. They enabled them to server and faction change. Thus making this entirely Blizzards fault. If you hand a child a gun and said child shoots someone then you are to blame for having done so since the child can't be expected to even fathom what it did and know about the consequences of it's actions.

That you wouldn't encounter such a problem on a PvE server is pretty much normal. There's a vast difference between even servers of the same status "new players", "medium" and "full". A medium server is worlds away from where a full server is, and even with full servers there are often big difference. Mine has an queue most of the time and is filled to the brimm with people.
    On a PvE server you could ignore most of these people only being bothered by them ninjaing mobs. In fact that's the only reason people here started to team up again, because otherwise you'd wait forever for to get your 6-10 mobs tagged before someone else does.

In all honesty you have no idea whatsoever on the issue you're commenting on. You did not at any kind of point experience what I'm talking about. And that people on your realm are rather docile is another factor that is different on mine. If there is Alliance I attack it, always and from my experience on my alt the vast majority of people on my server act in the exact same manner.

It's not about PvP but the player numbers. You wouldn't play Battlefield if it was 200 vs 5 on a map would you? And I doubt anyone would tell the 5 people and those out of the 200 who think there's a problem that "If they can't stand the heat they should get out of the kitchen" or "are bad players".
    no my friend i think im pretty darn qualified. buy pvp gear, and l2p. what server you on again?

Wrong. Blizzard made it possible for people to do what they did. They enabled them to server and faction change. Thus making this entirely Blizzards fault. If you hand a child a gun and said child shoots someone then you are to blame for having done so since the child can't be expected to even fathom what it did and know about the consequences of it's actions.
    December, a month of fail analogies. The rules-set of PvP server - anyone and everyone can be attacked by the opposite faction. Those rules exist from the very beginning, those are the rules you sign up to when you create a character on PvP server. Everything else is irrelevant.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...