Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

What do you think of your own behaviour on forums/internet?

I think its safe to say we all have diffrent behaviours while we're on the internet or playing online games.
    We all have our frustrations and those " rage" moments. What i personally notice more and more on the forums here and elsehwere
    How nasty some people reply towards other people that arent familiar on certain subjects or when someone just doesen't agree with whatever you just said.
    How well are you aware of the way you're replying to others? Do you ever stop to think before you say something out of frustration or do you ever re-read what you just said and maybe regret being so harsh? Or do you rather feel that on forums your skin should be a bit thicker and not take things to seriously.

I do realise that it is the internet and its a lot easier to say things you usually wouldn't so fast, But i must say when i see people using offensive words so easily sometimes just because one does not fully understand something or has spelling errors, kind of surprises me!

Thoughts?

I'm terrible, my infraction history reflects that. That being said, I don't usually do things to be a dick intentionally and really would rather not argue with people over mundane bullshit. I do however tend to mock things pretty openly. That said most of my infractions are for going "off-topic" or "spamming" since almost everything I do or say is inappropriate.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-12-07 at 11:11 PM.

Deleted
    I am a nice guy, my infractions have mostly been about trivial matters.

I'm a dick online and a dick offline. Don't care what people think. I'll argue with anyone over anything, anytime
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda act the same. I'm nice to a point? If i strongly disagree with something i'll argue about it. But im generally a nice person i guess?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    I am an arrogant prick, but have been infracted for stupid things that wont bat an eye lid in real life. I am honest, I may be right or wrong but I wont bullshit you as to what my opinion is. I am very open minded though and will admit if I am proven wrong.

On these forums im pretty much like i am in real life. When playing LoL i can get furious as never before.

Interesting topic. I'm usually polite but can turn up the snark if I'm not in a good mood.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a complete nutjob.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a moderator, I'm kind of evil by default.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I am an arrogant prick, but have been infracted for stupid things that wont bat an eye lid in real life. I am honest, I may be right or wrong but I wont bullshit you as to what my opinion is. I am very open minded though and will admit if I am proven wrong.
    Close to the same here...most of my infractions are for what I would consider innocuous bullshit, but my really bad posts go unpunished lol. Makes things confusing at times...which usually results in me getting angry in ban appeal threads.

anyway, no more derailing!
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2012-12-07 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    I think its safe to say we all have diffrent behaviours while we're on the internet or playing online games.
    We all have our frustrations and those " rage" moments. What i personally notice more and more on the forums here and elsehwere
    How nasty some people reply towards other people that arent familiar on certain subjects or when someone just doesen't agree with whatever you just said.
    How well are you aware of the way you're replying to others? Do you ever stop to think before you say something out of frustration or do you ever re-read what you just said and maybe regret being so harsh? Or do you rather feel that on forums your skin should be a bit thicker and not take things to seriously.

I do realise that it is the internet and its a lot easier to say things you usually wouldn't so fast, But i must say when i see people using offensive words so easily sometimes just because one does not fully understand something or has spelling errors, kind of surprises me!

Thoughts?
    I'm the same on here as I am face-to-face.

I say things how they are and don't waste time sugar coating things. If people can't accept that then they can move on or get over it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Close to the same here...most of my infractions are for what I would consider innocuous bullshit, but my really bad posts go unpunished lol.
    I got Infracted for "Private" reasons, I didnt even find out what I did wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Always nice. Getting pissy with someone doesn't accomplish a damn thing. Never been infracted or banned or suspended from any game or forum. EVER!

Deleted
    I'm as good as butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I got Infracted for "Private" reasons, I didnt even find out what I did wrong
    It was preemptive, they did it because you might do something bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post

Thoughts?
    -insert nasty words- ...

So far no bans, no infractions that I know of. Mostly because I've learned to keep the nasty thoughts to myself or in public face to face. I take the internetz with a grain of salt and a cracker, since people tend to show some more attitude and aggression online then if we met in real life. I do feel that people take some things way to serious and get offended by something that really doesn't matter (aka someones opinion about said person).

"I wish that I could bake a cake made out of rainbows and smiles and we'd all eat it and be happy" ... Word.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should stop the mod talk though here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm the same on here as I am face-to-face.

I say things how they are and don't waste time sugar coating things. If people can't accept that then they can move on or get over it.
    There isn't really any reason to sugar coat everything, But do you feel like being rude while you don't need to be necessary? ( I'm not saying that you are btw, just wondering )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    It was preemptive, they did it because you might do something bad.
    Getting infracted because of something you haven't done is never going to happen.

Also, let's not talk about moderators' actions, no need for that, if you want though, just PM Sunshine.