Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hes playing it pretty well. Still a bit of amateur (could of used water attune and fire ring a lot better) but it shows great mobility and CC. Offhand dagger attack 4 is just amazing with a 15 sec cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjze_I30Zg

Elementalist has more skills to deal with on the table though and is more fast paced a long with cd counting since you won't be able to see whats on cd if your not in that specific attunement.
    This is almost half of what I enjoy about it. Its got "internal" cooldowns to switch between 4 different stances, each having a small effect on the performance.

This is what I refer to when playing anything else to as bland. From my knowledge every other profession is able to switch weapons, but only two sets. The elementalist has 4 sets, so to speak

Right now the only correct answer is Warrior and thats pretty much been the only correct answer since launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Right now the only correct answer is Warrior and thats pretty much been the only correct answer since launch.
    I..... can't argue with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the Warrior is the most versatile profession.
    You can play either: ranged, supportive, tanky, as a healer with banners or shout, you can focus on CC, condition or heavy crit and mix all of those aspects to a degree.

I started out with a GS and liked it but it got boring around lvl 25. I switched to dualaxe and aoegrinded my way further but It felt slow so i went Sword Axe and became a heavy aoe class. I tried pure Ranger then using rifle and bow for aoe with shoutheal to support my party. After that i tired Hammer and became a CC beast for instance trashmobs. Went back to Sword/axe after.

As you can see you can switch gameplay on the fly if you get bored of another. Playstyle changes depending on your built. Right now I am full exotic sword/axe but I farm gear to switch to axe/axe again.

If you play instances and higher level content the difficulty increases. Sometimes up to a point of frustration because you died again by accidentally pulling to many mobs in Orr. Explorations are difficult as well if you arnt used to them. As a Melee you must pay more attention than a ranged class, you can switch to ranged weapon when needed.

If I get bored I respec and enjoy a colpetly different playstyle.
    If you stay with GS and signetbuilt 24/7 no wonder you get bored.

I figured ot a rotation that workes for me: FGJ, axe4, Swordburst, axe5 switch to longbow, LB burst, LB3>gain 3 might>switch to melee, FGJ swordburst>axe 4 and 5 if off CD.

I'm of much the same mind as Uriel. One of the most prominent reasons I've stuck with the warrior since beta is the sheer amount of versatility and variety available to the class. Much as Uriel said, if you get bored of one playstyle, just switch to a different weapon set. Part of the reason I wrote that playstyle guide was to show people just how many different options there are for warrior gameplay.

That, and the fact that smashing people in the face with a hammer feels so damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    my highest level characters are warrior (fun enough, but repetitive) and mesmer (more interactive and varied for me, probably what I enjoy the most), I also have a ranger, which is nice enough but sort of boring.

I've made a couple elementalists, but keep deleting them. Last time I just deleted it and made another mesmer, so I'll keep the new one sword/sword & greatsword and the first one is staff & scepter/ torch or pistol. Not that anything I do is optimal of course. The elementalist is just so squishy it was irritating. I got a friend to join and he made an elementalist after I told him not to, and almost quit the game for dying too much. Switched to a warrior and having a great time.

Engineer I have in mid 20's, and guardian in late teens. Guardian seems like a decent mix of caster and melee, depending on how you kit them out, so that might be a good try.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 12:40 PM ----------

Out of all the classes I played, some might require paying more attention to details, but none died anywhere near as much as my elementalist.

I don't know what you're doing wrong but I got an 80 elementalist and i didn't die very frequently. Only when I pulled more the 6+ mobs and didn't use my cd's very well. Mobs die in seconds if you do it good!

I'm no pro at all , but with just a tiny bit skill and envolvement you can do great with an elementalist.
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Heh, probably so. I'm leveling a warrior right now. I find it quite fun. But then I've found at least one build for each profession that I've found fun to play. Now weather they are super viable for structured pvp? I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hes playing it pretty well. Still a bit of amateur (could of used water attune and fire ring a lot better) but it shows great mobility and CC. Offhand dagger attack 4 is just amazing with a 15 sec cd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjze_I30Zg

Elementalist has more skills to deal with on the table though and is more fast paced a long with cd counting since you won't be able to see whats on cd if your not in that specific attunement.
    Stuff like this is exactly why I knew Elementalist was a profession that I couldn't play. The skillcap on stuff like this is just way beyond anything I'd even be remotely capable of. Amazing to watch, ridiculously fun, but fuck if I could ever pull it off.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    I'll give the engineer & thief a shot again.

Guardian caster kinda sounds awkward. My friends main at 80 is a guardian so I'll ask him about that before I try it to make sure I don't waste my time.

---------- Post added 2012-11-29 at 12:25 PM ----------

This game might be worse than borderlands. I cannot even beat a simple storyline quest and I'm 1 level ahead of it. I haven't had any trouble with a story quest until now.

Elementalist is broken squishy to.

Bah frustration to no end. I kite for days but that doesn't work against ranged. I have little cc if they aren't moving.

Is there any positives to playing an elementalist besides the obvious argument of 4 attunements or is it just that terrible? I can't imagine pvp...

Things like this shouldn't be happening at level 14
    ele was a nightmare to get to 80 and its really not as fun as most mage/ele classes are in games but a new character is just too dull of a thing to go for having to see zones ive already seen on my main and the same boring events over and over its just painfull to do it all again atleast wow had heirlooms to make it a little less painfull to go through everything again and tbh i prefer quests over the events gw2 makes you do

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    ele was a nightmare to get to 80 and its really not as fun as most mage/ele classes are in games but a new character is just too dull of a thing to go for having to see zones ive already seen on my main and the same boring events over and over its just painfull to do it all again atleast wow had heirlooms to make it a little less painfull to go through everything again and tbh i prefer quests over the events gw2 makes you do
    wtb punctuation. :P

My first toon was Ele and I died SO many times. Switched to guardian and was much happier. Right now I use GS and Scepter/Torch. Easy to kite with scepter or at least soften them up before switching to gs. I love switching to spirit weapon spec too. Great passive damage while kiting and extra CDs.

I've started another Ele and got back up into the teens. I think I had to learn the dodge mechanics on another toon first to really get the hang of it. Missing a dodge on Ele is usually death. Second time around it is much easier and I'm focusing on kiting. Its really hard to win dagger/dagger in solo pve. I'd suggest using staff or scepter to kite for hearts and solo play. Keep two daggers around for events and dungeons where you have some backup.