Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't roll alts but do you really need to max out all of your characters with all the bells and whistles ?

Umm ya, this is kind of mind blowing but two pages of replies and not a single person mentioned lesser charms of good fortune?

Really guys, really? This nifty little currency negates every single point made in this thread, and dooms me to 45 dailies per week per alt for the forseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently i barely want to grind them for my main let alone any alts it's just complete agony...but have to do them as i have all reps since tbc at exalted

I just hate mop dailies..they are so dull and so numerous...and to top it all off they reward like 110 rep compared to the normal 250 so you just have to do them for twice the amount of time >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    you don't have to do dailys ... /troll out
    This, there is no need to do dailies at all, for hardcore progression it was needed i will admit. However on alts, I'm willing to bet in 5.3 people will go shado-what and golden who? Since the Ilvl will have been upgraded so much its pointless to try get that gear (also I've done about one week of dailies on mt alt since i got the tome (from scratch) now I'm revered with GL )

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Currently i barely want to grind them for my main let alone any alts it's just complete agony...but have to do them as i have all reps since tbc at exalted

I just hate mop dailies..they are so dull and so numerous...and to top it all off they reward like 110 rep compared to the normal 250 so you just have to do them for twice the amount of time >.<
    Wrath and BC style of rep grind by spamming heroic dungeons over and over was a lot worse, I will admit there are flaws in MoP rep, but this is an improvement on BC and wrath. I think they should make the dailies more, lets say heroic, with randomly generated mini-bosses at the end of each main daily zone (with a random name), this way you feel like you are making a difference.

Problem is at the moment its basically the cloth repeatable quests but instead of gather cloth its kill X or gather Y
    Last edited by mmocae8a1940ff; 2012-12-08 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    In the past I just leveled alts so anything that I needed I could craft myself -- yes I know it's an MMO and all, but AH prices are out of control (or at least I think they are). So now, I'm looking at grinding reps on my mage (enchanter/tailor), warrior (blacksmith), shaman (scribe, engineer), priest(jewel crafter) and hunter (leatherworker) [happly alchemy is all through discovery so my alchemist is skill 600]. Leveling alts is something that kept me occupied for several months after my main was raid-ready. Now looking at the factions I would need to grind _again_ I have no incentive to do this.
    You don't need to do a single daily on your alt to get the Belt Buckle recipe. Also lots of other BS recipes you can get from Klaxxi without doing a single daily on your alt assuming you've already done the dailies on your main to get to at least revered.

Alchemy, Inscription, and Engineering are for the most part trainer profs. Might be some really high end epic stuff that requires rep, but everyday stuff you can get from trainer.

Leveling alt tradeskills so much easier in MoP than in Cata when you had to run them all through Molten Front.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 04:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Mists of pandaria is the most unfriendly expansion for alts period.
    Completely disagree. MoP is the most alt-friendly expansion Blizzard has ever released.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That i am going to have to grind dailies on my alt.

Yes, i know you can buy the tomes to reduce rep required.....im still mortified by the proposition of doing dailies all over again.
    The new +rep items actually help a LOT. Maybe not as much for something like Golden Lotus / Celestials, but for Klaxxi / Shadow-Pan, the change is noticable. I just ran my paladin alt through Dreadwastes / towlong over the last couple of days, and hit revered with both Klaxxi and Shadow-pan without even needing to do a single daily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That i am going to have to grind dailies on my alt.

Yes, i know you can buy the tomes to reduce rep required.....im still mortified by the proposition of doing dailies all over again.
    If that mortifies you, then you have bigger issues in life. I'll help you come over your fear. Don't do dailies. I should get paid for such valuable advice, but I guess you get a freebie. This time...
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    The new +rep items actually help a LOT. Maybe not as much for something like Golden Lotus / Celestials, but for Klaxxi / Shadow-Pan, the change is noticable. I just ran my paladin alt through Dreadwastes / towlong over the last couple of days, and hit revered with both Klaxxi and Shadow-pan without even needing to do a single daily.
    Yup. The boost basically takes 2 reps out of the lineup immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Mists of pandaria is the most unfriendly expansion for alts period.
    It was. However since 5.1 released, raising reputation on alts merely for access to valor gear and profession recipes is a complete joke, provided you buy the commendations on your main. If anything, this patch made it almost as alt-friendly as 4.3 and 3.3 were, and we're still in the first tier of the expansion.

I'm not implying that this is a bad thing; it isn't. It is, in fact, good. Just pointing out that saying MoP is unfriendly for alts after 5.1 is absolutely, insanely false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    If anything, this patch made it almost as alt-friendly as 4.3 and 3.3 were, and we're still in the first tier of the expansion.
    I rate 5.1 more alt-friendly than 4.3 simply because of the insane MF grind with no shortcuts which you still needed to do to buy certain recipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    I rate 5.1 more alt-friendly than 4.3 simply because of the insane MF grind with no shortcuts which you still needed to do to buy certain recipes.
    Hm, that's true about MF, but the MF recipes became kind of obsolete in 4.3 since we had 378 gear from HoT heroics and 384 from LFR Dragon Soul. Of course, if one wanted the pets, mount and title from MF, the grind would still be needed, but in no way mandatory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Hm, that's true about MF, but the MF recipes became kind of obsolete in 4.3 since we had 378 gear from HoT heroics and 384 from LFR Dragon Soul. Of course, if one wanted the pets, mount and title from MF, the grind would still be needed, but in no way mandatory.
    In Cata, the best Engie scopes in the game required MF rep. In MoP, they're off the trainer.

Even today months into MoP, the largest gem/inscription/mining bags in the game are only available to characters who have grinded out MF rep.

great, another thread for the blizzard daily quest bootlickers to come out and pretend that the terrible new rep/daily system is fine.

/rolleyes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    great, another thread for the blizzard daily quest bootlickers to come out and pretend that the terrible new rep/daily system is fine.

/rolleyes
    Great, another thread for passive/aggressive control freaks that don't realize that dailies are optional. Topics in wow are like politics. People get so raged up over things. Not because they care about the issue, but because they need an "us vs them" war to fill some of the emptiness in their own lives with some personal satisfaction in saying "HA! I'm right, you're wrong." . It's better to have content that you can choose to do if you want to, and not do if you don't want to, than to remove them completely. 4.3 was a shining example of this.
    Last edited by Seezer; 2012-12-08 at 02:04 AM.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    The good news is most of those don't require grinding if it's just a profession alt.

Tailor: Golden Lotus (Spellthread) - Honored
    Leatherworking: Golen Lotus (Armor Patch) - Honored
    Enchanting: Shado-Pan (Weapon Enchants) - Revered; August Celestials (Bracer Enchants) - Revered
    Blacksmithing: The Klaxxi (Belt Buckle) - Honored
    Alchemy, Inscription, Engineering and Jewelcrafting are all discoveries.

Based on your situation you'll need to grind Shado-Pan (Revered) and August Celstials (Revered) on your Mage and Golden Lotus (Honored) on your Hunter. By the time you hit 90 you should be Honored with The Klaxxi so no grinding on the Warrior.
    Blacksmithing you will also need Tiller's at least to Revered, otherwise you can't make shit with the outrageous Spirit of Harmony requirements for each piece.
    Jewelcrafting you will need to get Exalted with Cloud Serpent to learn all the panther mounts.
    Enchanting is the worst, you need Revered with two factions and those cannot be done unless you are Revered with Golden Lotus first.

Dailies may not be mandatory, but that's inline with saying playing the game isn't mandatory. They're a major part of the game's content.

The entire game is optional. The much bigger issue is that Blizzard has made dailies a huge part of endgame, and dailies suck. If you choose to not do dailies, you are missing out on the majority of endgame content.
    Just like if you don't do scenarios, or level-capped dungeons, or raids or PvP. Non-issue is non-issue.

The problem is, my alts are there to be my pocket crafters. I don't want to go hunting out a blacksmith for a belt buckle or a leatherworker for an armor patch. Certainly don't want to pay the absurd prices on the AH for these items.
    Yeah, typing in trade 'LF BS to make *insert item here* pst!' is hunting.

yes I know it's an MMO and all, but AH prices are out of control (or at least I think they are).
    Because it's still the beginning of an expansion, plenty of people aren't going balls to the wall which means plenty of people don't have access to all the good shit. Thus, demand goes up because supply is down causing an inflation on prices, not to mention that inflation would have happened anyways because every new expansion brings about a higher/quicker cash flow per person on average. Once more people start getting through what's available, I will guarantee you the prices will go down.

Maybe it is time for me, like many before me, to quit this game -- the only thing keeping me playing ATM is the people in my guild
    You're considering quitting over something that has existed since day one, but is in a much better iteration than day one or even expansion one? I honestly have no words for this.

If you have no drive to grind dailies, don't. Nobody but you is 'forcing' you to get ten toons to 90 just so you never have to spend a dime on professions; stop acting like it's the fault of the game for the choices you've been personally making the last X amount of time you've been playing this game. I also find it particularly hard to believe that you couldn't talk to one of your guild mates who likely has put in the time an effort into their professions, or is likely going to cut you a deal since that's typically how guild mates behave with each other.

In short, some person on the internet bitching just to bitch. More news at 11.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    I dont even do dailies on my main.. Lol at doing them on alts give me a break.

Not world first raiding or you wouldn't complain and just do it. Not progressing server firsts at this point most likely. And even if you were doing EITHER of these things, you would probably suck it up and do it as part of the hardcore lifestyle you chose.

Do dungeons for gear, get crafted, do BGs for pvp gear, get an arena partner to get the better gear. No dailies involved.

Also: Working to get better, part of the playstyle that's been in since... Vanilla. You work for what you get.
    Pretty much this. On my pally I basically only did the tillers dailies. My gear is not top of the line but it's certainly better than most other options from the factions except the new ones.

Also, don't forget to do Sha every week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    In the past I just leveled alts so anything that I needed I could craft myself -- yes I know it's an MMO and all, but AH prices are out of control (or at least I think they are). So now, I'm looking at grinding reps on my mage (enchanter/tailor), warrior (blacksmith), shaman (scribe, engineer), priest(jewel crafter) and hunter (leatherworker) [happly alchemy is all through discovery so my alchemist is skill 600]. Leveling alts is something that kept me occupied for several months after my main was raid-ready. Now looking at the factions I would need to grind _again_ I have no incentive to do this.
    Of course you don't have incentives to do this. It's a waste of your time. Why don't you just have a guildmate craft any rep-gated profession items for your main?

Leveling a bazillion alts and then trying to boost their rep just for a few enchants, belt buckles, or augments is about the least productive use of your time. Just use a fraction of that time to earn money or mats -- just about anything comes from the farm or Spirit of Harmony trade-ins -- and quit trying to do everything yourself.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.