Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathane View Post
    That is the common myth sleep with your cousin and your baby has 5 arms. No the risk comes from your genes. If you family has a history of mental problems your child has an increased chance of being born with these.
    Which I clarified later on. Thanks for reading and nit picking one statement.

Depends.

Parents are still going to potentially exercise a great deal of power over children even when they hit adulthood.

So now that Liberals have had their way with Gay marriage they want Incest to be allowed. Wonder what's next? beastiality?

Infracted: Please don't equate gay marriage and/or incest with bestiality; the former involve humans while the latter involves animals.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2012-12-08 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    As long as they're safe and don't have kids, there really isn't a problem with it. Hell, once you get past a couple generations, incest doesn't really... matter outside of social stigma.
    ^

Incestuals shouldn't be allowed to breed, but if you're doing it purely out of pleasure, I really don't give a flying fuck.

If a baby comes from it, abort it or DIE (lol jk, but seriously, no incest babies)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not because I consider it to be frown on by society it just why would you think it's a good idea to bump and grind with the same person that came out of your moms vagina?! more importantly do you think your sibling might be someone you want to bang?

15+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't personally choose to do so, but if people want to, go for it.

Lets just hope they don't have kids...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    It's not because I consider it to be frown on by society it just why would you think it's a good idea to bump and grind with the same person that came out of your moms vagina?! more importantly do you think your sibling might be someone you want to bang?
    I personally don't have siblings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Selvari7 View Post
    So now that Liberals have had their way with Gay marriage they want Incest to be allowed. Wonder what's next? beastiality?
    Maybe when Animals can consent, untill then i don't think so.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know a few people who are with their.....Loved ones? anyway I couldn't care less. Just don't breed and the inbred thing is fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok I'm gonna back out of this room and find somewhere safe....

Quote Originally Posted by Calelith View Post
    The same can be said for allowing people with genetic flaws to have children.

The whole British Royal family is basically Inbred.
    But I think that, by not allowing inbreeding, and forcing people to look outside their own genetic families to procreate, the human gene pool is overall, slowly, but surely, getting more resistant to diseases.

Let's say you have the Smith family of 10 carry a recessive gene for dementia (D/d) and 10 outside people that do not have that gene (D/D). If you forbid inbreeding, then that particular recessive gene has no chance of manifesting itself in the next generation -- the 10 outside people, who carry a dominant gene for non-dementia, will "override" the recessive gene. In subsequent generations, there is no chance that you can have a d/d combination; you'll always have a D/D, or D/d.

Now let's say that of that family of 10, 6 of them decide to inbreed and have 3 children. Now you have a generation that has a chance of having a d/d.

edited: punnett squares are hard
    Last edited by jaykaywhy; 2012-12-08 at 05:55 AM.

It should be up for two consenting adults where they stick their things or not. The goverment has absolutely no rights in this to control what people do as long as it's not harming anyone.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Nice, way to completely polarize the issue.

Who is this group of "liberals" that you're referring to? I support gay marriage, but I don't support incest.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It should be up for two consenting adults where they stick their things or not. The goverment has absolutely no rights in this to control what people do as long as it's not harming anyone.
    harming the overall gene pool

Wonder what's next? beastiality?
    /insert ironic joke about quoted poster's conception.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    On the topic of having a child through incest, most people will tell you this is why it should be banned and that the child will be "inbred", causing it to have some degenerative disease or something along those lines.

While this can be true if and only if there is a history of family illness passed down through generations, on the other side of the coin however, birth through incest in a healthy family with no history of genetic illness is actually stronger for the families gene pool in the long run, there is no outside "contamination". There are lots of animals in the world who do just this, breeding inside the family to keep a bloodline pure and free from external harm.

So in actual fact, it is not "more likely" to get a sick child from incest, only if your family is has some genetic disease to begin with. It is in fact far more likely that you will birth a child with a stronger gene pool than if it was birthed through regular circumstances.

Scientific truth aside though, I think it is more of a cultural problem that would block out this kind of thing today, too many people see it as "wrong" for it to ever have a place in modern society.
    Partly true... except, for the human race to survive as a whole, it is better for our DNA to be diverse. So calling it a "scientific truth" is a bit rich. Also, it is not always in families with a history of genetic illness. Firstly, mutations occur, and in one family may be more common at a specific allele. Secondly, a recessive disease could have very little family history. If you want to know what happens when you inbreed, just go look at royal families.

I have no problem with 2 related people having sex. Having children is somewhat questionable (meaning probably a bad thing, but I haven't put enough thought into it to give it a good answer), but who knows what solutions science will come up with in years to come.

BTW, my paladin's name is Lannister the Kingslayer.

game of thrones for the win

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post

harming the overall gene pool
    It would require generations of sibling incest to have any actual real damage and even then it's rather small % to happen. Fearmongering over it is just another outcome from moralist groups who think they have the right to dictate how people live or what should be right.

A chance of birth defects to a child whoms parent is smoking is higher than the gene-thing
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    I think gay incest would avoid the problem from a biological perspective, but it'd beg the question of equality, ironically, and could be used against homosexual rights in general. It wouldn't be 'equal protection under the laws' if you allowed one group some rights and privileges, but denied another group. That's the argument that homosexual rights advocates are making, so it wouldn't make sense to make something legal that is premised on that. Then anti-homosexuals could rebut that and say that if you allow gay people to have special rights to participate in incest, then we should pass laws that allow straight people only to participate in marriage. It's a weird circular argument.
    If you allowed a couple to marry but not have children there wouldn't be a problem with gay incest either. In a few years it might be possible for 2 men to have child. Also I don't think equality is so much about being "equal in every way" and more so about balance. True equality is somewhat difficult considering people aren't all identical

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk I think thats weird. I have 3 sisters and can't even imagine thinking that way towards them. Not only that but inbreeding is bad for possible children. I think it should not be allowed. Unless its like 3 cousins or something crazy like that.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    The male doesn't pass along any anti-bodies to a child, that's all the mother's doing during pregnancy.

Unless you mean more susceptible then I totally agree.
    Pretty sure the MHC molecules on cells in the body are from the mother and father and they are part of the immune system, although not antibodies themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    It would require generations of sibling incest to have any actual real damage and even then it's rather small % to happen. Fearmongering over it is just another outcome from moralist groups who think they have the right to dictate how people live or what should be right.

A chance of birth defects to a child whoms parent is smoking is higher than the gene-thing
    Kinda like how global warming is fearmongering from moralist groups who think they have the right to dictate how people live or what should be right.