Deleted

"Best" hunter spec post-patch.

Just wondering.
    It's obviously going to depend on the fight, but which spec is best for the most fights this tier? (if that makes any sense). I'm considering rolling hunter, but I absolutely loathe BM. In love with Surv and MM, however.

Deleted
    BM for bosses, surv for aoe trash.

Deleted
    For some bosses surv is better.
    Stone guards, wind lord. Surv might be better on empress aswell I think.
    But in most cases BM is the thing, but the difference isn't THAT big.

Surv may be getting ahead on some bosses, especially with better gear (this is due Serpent Sting scaling great). In my opinion this is the way to go hunter spec now.

Aha, by the way. MM sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by theandersc View Post
    For some bosses surv is better.
    Stone guards, wind lord. Surv might be better on empress aswell I think.
    But in most cases BM is the thing, but the difference isn't THAT big.
    I like Survival for Will of the Emperor as well due to all the target switching on adds. Your pet spends a ton of time running around, so it hurts to be more dependent on pet DPS.

after the hotfix with double srs dmg, ive been doing surv for all encounters, no exceptions.... I would PERHAPS go bm for garalon, if it was still progress
    IGN Joe FC: 1908 - 0405 - 5213

I haven't made the full commitment to SV just yet (maybe after one more buff to SV and I will, but I pretty much go BM when the fight is more or less a tank and spank with very minimal movement for the pet and SV when the fight requires AoE on demand or tons of target switching.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Deleted
    I want MM back

Speaking heroic only and my experience:

Stone guard - Survival
    Feng - Survival
    Garajal - BM
    Spirit kings - BM
    Elegon - BM
    Will - Survival
    Zorlok - BM
    Blade lord - BM
    Garalon - BM
    Wind lord - BM

What other fights look like, but maybe someone can recommend better:

Amber Shaper - BM
    Empress - Survival
    Protectors - BM
    Tsulong - BM
    Lei Shi - BM
    Sha - BM

Most of the hunters I've seen have been using SV on H-Sha, to the point of taking barrage just for p2 adds.

I'd also disagree with Wind Lord, SV is the thing there with the SrS buffs, unless you're doing a single target burn strat.

I really like SV for Elegon, you can just dot up 3 sparks at the same time and you can handle the adds easy. And BM is pretty good for heroic Wind Lord if you can keep the pet on the boss and just pet-cleave, I guess. I saw some crazy logs for that.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Most of the hunters I've seen have been using SV on H-Sha, to the point of taking barrage just for p2 adds.

I'd also disagree with Wind Lord, SV is the thing there with the SrS buffs, unless you're doing a single target burn strat.
    Why would you AOE on that fight at all in heroic?

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    Speaking heroic only and my experience:

Stone guard - Survival
    Feng - Survival
    Garajal - BM
    Spirit kings - BM
    Elegon - BM
    Will - Survival
    Zorlok - BM
    Blade lord - BM
    Garalon - BM
    Wind lord - BM

What other fights look like, but maybe someone can recommend better:

Amber Shaper - BM
    Empress - Survival
    Protectors - BM
    Tsulong - BM
    Lei Shi - BM
    Sha - BM
    Amber shaper depends on your role. If you're doing it "melee style" and sitting on constructs and monstrosity, BM is the way to go. If you're on amber-killing duty (which you will be, unless you've got a TON of ranged), surv is better due to multidotting capabilities.
    BM is basicly useless on proctectors, as our pets are not affected by the %buff we get from killing adds, meaning Surv is the superior choise due to hunteret damage ration.
    Tsulong would probably be surv for entrapment for adds, not to mention target switching etc - haven't done it,so not sure.
    Lei Shi, from our first night of attempts, is BM heaven.
    Sha is probably surv due to adds in Dread waste phase - serpent stings ticking away for 25-50K per on them for 1 GBC is "alot" of damage.

BM for anything that is mostly single-target and Surv for anything that has AOE and/or lots of target switching.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    BM for anything that is mostly single-target and Surv for anything that has AOE and/or lots of target switching.
    What about us that pvp and have only one spec for pve?
    Is it a huge gimp if i change my pve spec to survival (for all fights) or better to just stay BM (for all fights) ?

Quote Originally Posted by Thopp View Post
    What about us that pvp and have only one spec for pve?
    Is it a huge gimp if i change my pve spec to survival (for all fights) or better to just stay BM (for all fights) ?
    Play survival in that case, BM does absolute trash aoe damage and survival is comparable to it in single target.

Just use what you're comfortable with.