Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    To stir up some discussion and ask a very hard question, lets hear your top 5 anime of all time! Ranked preferably to make it even harder, or in my case easier.

snip
    You're mean for throwing the "all time" clause. I prefer ratings by genre personally.

#1: Angel Beats. Content Per episode is top tier, characters have depth and are believable, outstanding music, best open ended anime ending ever.

#2: Eureka 7 Psalm of the Planets: First Shounen coming of age series I watched, still my favorite. Sorry Evangelion fans, but Renton is a mc that doesn't make me want to cut myself

#3: Trigun. Try to tell me you don't love Vash. I'll cut you, I swear.

#4: Toradora!. And to think at some point I didn't care for romance/dramas.

#5: Welcome to the NHK. If you haven't seen it, do so now.

I don't rank series that are incomplete(Naruto, OP, Bleach, Fairy Tail get benched), and I severely downrank series that grossly overplay certain elements (fanservice, muscles, gore, idiocy). Top anime are those that can cover the whole emotional spectrum, have an engaging cast of characters, simple but effective art (music quality is a plus), and have a good Opening episode(s) and closing.

Honorable Mention to:
    Persona 4 the Animation for having the best main character based off a silent protagonist in a video game.
    Cowboy Bebop for Best English Dubbed series I've watched.
    Dragon Ball for convincing me in my childhood that Japan was just fucking awesome
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    1080p FLAC at 2.2GB for a single episode. o.o
    I'm still downloading it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Worer View Post
    >No mentions of Deadman Wonderland

I can't really think of a list right now.
    I liked Deadman Wonderland, but it felt very incomplete to me. In fact, I think I've watched it through twice (and read a good bit of the manga), the second time because I didn't think I'd seen the entire thing the first time, although it seems I actually had. I really did enjoy it, but I got no meaningful sense of closure on it - which isn't uncommon with anime, but still. It was quite fun, but "not quite there yet" for me.

I do like Claymore (another one I'm not sure whether I've finished, but I've quite enjoyed), and I know I've being watching Steins;gate but I haven't gotten very far into it yet. No.6 as well.

Aaaah, there was another one, a relatively recent one, it starts in Washington, D.C. with a girl traveling as a tourist and a guy who's lost his memory. Eden of the East!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    I'm still downloading it lol.
    Took me 20 minutes. I love my internet Would have been faster if I wasn't downloading other stuff too..

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    Aaaah, there was another one, a relatively recent one, it starts in Washington, D.C. with a girl traveling as a tourist and a guy who's lost his memory. Eden of the East!
    I loved Eden of the East, one of the most unique series I've ever seen. I finally got a hold of the two movies several months back and watched it all again, and I felt like they wrapped it up very nicely. My only real complaint with the original series was the very obvious lack of closure, but that was just because they had the movies planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Took me 20 minutes. I love my internet Would have been faster if I wasn't downloading other stuff too..
    Give me your internet. I average about 250 Kb/s. It's infuriatingly slow. I literally have my computer downloading something almost 24/7 excluding times when I need the bandwidth, and after looking up how much HDD space I've used over the months, I'm only able to get like 250-300 gigs a month. Google fiber needs to come to my city. I could download more than that in 2 hours at just HALF the speed they say you'll get.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    I liked Deadman Wonderland, but it felt very incomplete to me. In fact, I think I've watched it through twice (and read a good bit of the manga), the second time because I didn't think I'd seen the entire thing the first time, although it seems I actually had. I really did enjoy it, but I got no meaningful sense of closure on it - which isn't uncommon with anime, but still. It was quite fun, but "not quite there yet" for me.

I do like Claymore (another one I'm not sure whether I've finished, but I've quite enjoyed), and I know I've being watching Steins;gate but I haven't gotten very far into it yet. No.6 as well.

The anime IS incomplete, I heard they won't make a second season because it didn't sell very well. It is continued in the manga.

K-On 2nd season? ok brb gotta download and watch ;P

Anime-List
    Hearthstone: Inngrimsch #2408
    Steam
    LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    1080p FLAC at 2.2GB for a single episode. o.o
    Not that odd.
    a 4 minute file (trying to remember properly) of a FLAC music is about 50MB.
    So at 25 minutes it's already 250MB.
    Add to that a 1080p video at a high data rate, you get a good ol file size. It should be about... 2.7Mbit/s data rate? or something.
    Assumption that file size is linear.

Agghh so much backlog, so much, lazy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Not that odd.
    a 4 minute file (trying to remember properly) of a FLAC music is about 50MB.
    So at 25 minutes it's already 250MB.
    Add to that a 1080p video at a high data rate, you get a good ol file size. It should be about... 2.7Mbit/s data rate? or something.
    Assumption that file size is linear.
    I was surprised when a single episode of Denpa Onna at 1080p FLAC was ~900MB.

The screenshot comparison on SSY from 720 to 1080p BD is amazing though. The grain reduction, especially on the faces, makes it worth the size.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised when a single episode of Denpa Onna at 1080p FLAC was ~900MB.

The screenshot comparison on SSY from 720 to 1080p BD is amazing though. The grain reduction, especially on the faces, makes it worth the size.
    Yeah, the 'raw' file from the general early releases are just TV records most of the time. TV airs are all obviously reduced quality for these, and if it was a 'HD' from some TV providers in the US, a 25min segment would be about 900MB - 1GB.
    Also some Bluray has decensored \o/

I don't really mind the large file size. I have plenty of space so it's not really an issue. Helps that I'll be downloading them as they're released too. Only time I do mind is when I see one of Coalgirl's releases that are outrageously large sometimes lol.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...promo-streamed

More from the Monogatari series! I've also read in a few different places that they plan on following it up with a 26 episode anime covering the next 6 novels after Nekomonogatari Black (this definitely isn't 100%, but I've got a good feeling about it), and the Kizumonogatari movie is still in the works. There's lots and lots of Ararararagi to come!

New Shin Sekai Yori was great : With how much nosing around they're doing, I'm wondering when they'll have to go on the run to avoid the ethics committee. Another big cliffhanger at the end of this episode, can't wait for the next.

SSY why did the episode end at the most interesting part? :<<<
    Fairy Tail so what do u guys think manga + anime ends after this arc manga continues anime ends for a year or so to get some original story or choice 3 both continue and anime filler arcs :P

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL

Anyone interested in a anime made by japan for french tv company about Homers Illiad?

Its called Uchū Densetsu Yurishīzu Sātīwan or Space Legend Ulysses 31

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ulysses_31

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    How are people thinking of To LOVE-RU Darkness? I like it, although I don't really care about the censoring, which might turn some people away until the BD release.

Just wanna throw a little note here: For those that have not seen/never herd about Baccano... you should really check it out. It is without a doubt one of the best animes created after my opinion. For those who like Dubs it even got a brilliant one there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brincamian View Post
    Mmm... More delicious Black Hanekawa.

(Normal Hanekawa looks so much cuter with short hair! This is a prequel series, right? Would explain why its long again. )

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its before bakemonogatari, and theres I think one more part before nekomonogatari
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    How are people thinking of To LOVE-RU Darkness? I like it, although I don't really care about the censoring, which might turn some people away until the BD release.
    it's good but i liked the original more ;P momo's harem plan is just ridicilous xD liked it more with only lala and haruna

Anime-List
    Steam
    LoL