Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I actually believe her actions are justified, when she became the leader of the kirin tor she kept the neutrality. She even refused to side with the alliance when prince anduin came before her to ask to pledge dalaran to the alliance by his father's request.

the time span between the events of tides or war and the landfall of the fleets in pandaria is pretty short, and during this time she (and in extent the kirin tor) has been betrayed twice by the sunreavers. Once during the battle for Theramore and second when they stole the divine bell from Darnassus.

Jaina kept her neutrality while the sunreavers didn't. So she kicked them out of dalaran and decided to side with the Alliance. Her actions are justified, the destruction of theramore was possible with the Focusing Iris. The same artifact that is now kept by the kirin tor. So giving the history of the sunreavers of aiding the horde. The wise decision would be to expel them and ensure that such atrocity can never happen again.

And before anyone says the Baine Bloodhoof said that "there must never be another Theramore" to Garrosh, he would sooner assasinate him like he tried with Vol'jin then actually listen Baine.
    Last edited by mmocb2fa403b3b; 2012-12-08 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    That is true

but tbh has dalaran been anything but a over glorified talking shop?

They couldnt repulse arthas who killed antonidas they couldnt do shit against yogg saron if it wasnt for brann and us 'adventurers'

I think people overestimate dalaran

at the end of the day dalaran is a alliance of mages if you kick out the elves and others who are attached to the horde out of the kirin tor then you just left with a divided useless organisation imo
    Everything you said here could be exactly stated about Silvermoon and the Blood Elves as a counterpart to Dalaran. I'd say the humans in Dalaran are far more competent, Dalaran was rebuilt while Silvermoon was still described as a wreck full of Kael'thas statues as of Cataclysm. I wouldn't call it divided nor useless, it's nice to see a once useless neutral organisation pick a side.

I never got that in the first place. How can she want peace an to live in harmony with the Horde and at the same time launch an huge attack on the barrens?
    She didn't. And the Alliance presence in the Barrens is entirely reactive to the Horde's invasion of Night Elf land.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I never got that in the first place. How can she want peace an to live in harmony with the Horde and at the same time launch an huge attack on the barrens?
    Jania herself didn't launch the attack, it was Varian and since Theramore was an alliance settlement she had no choice. Telling Varian no would be treason (altho we've seen Jania has in the past tired convincing Varain of more peaceful ways of doing things) which would left her alone stuck between the kingdom she "betrayed" and the Horde who wants to kill her.

Feels like most of the comments here are from people who haven't even done the new quests. Her behavior is quite reasonable and consistent.

She tries for peace, gives the enemy many chances, and they keep stabbing her in the back.
    As a result, does she go on a rampage and blow up a Horde city? NO.

She takes away their ability to betray her again.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Then the sunreavers go and do this unspeakable thing.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    She didn't. And the Alliance presence in the Barrens is entirely reactive to the Horde's invasion of Night Elf land.
    Yet Theremore's troops make up most if not all of the invasion force.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by agarohai View Post
    Jaina kept her neutrality .
    Jaina did lay her own traps and magic to defend an Alliance city
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by bayushisan View Post
    Having read Tides of War I have to say that I understand Jaina's shift in personality. She wanted peace and to live in harmony with the Horde, the only problem was that Garrosh wants to crush everyone and everything under his heel and rule all of Kalimdor. With the destruction of Theramore Jaina was hit with the realization that everything she had worked for was dust, all the people she cared about were dead at the hands of the very person Thrall put in charge of the Horde. That's going to shake even the strongest of peace advocates.
    This right here, everything you just talked about, is a prime example of terrible and inconsistent writing on Blizzard's part. Jaina might have been portrayed as "peace loving" forever but that actually ISN'T the case since she actively allowed Alliance troops to come in through Theramore and invade Horde lands without Horde instigation.

That attitude is underhanded warmongering and was the case since BEFORE Tides of War. So her "peaceful persona" in Tides of War was either a facade (one can only wish) or Blizzard just sucks ass at having their characters perform actions fitting their roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    That attitude is underhanded warmongering and was the case since BEFORE Tides of War. So her "peaceful persona" in Tides of War was either a facade (one can only wish) or Blizzard just sucks ass at having their characters perform actions fitting their roles.
    Jaina may have been a peace advocate, but she is still loyal to the Alliance

And like it or not, the Alliance is now at war against the Horde, so she cant very well just not do anything
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-12-08 at 06:22 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

All I know the WoW Lore is getting way too overwhelming, especially players who are just getting into WoW. Most hollywood movies fail because they had several writers write the story on and off and thats what I feel like blizzard is doing. The character's motivations, their wants and needs. Too many similar characters, characters with no real motivation, just wanting to do bad. at least the gameplay is still fun

10+ Year Old Account
    To me this is a very sad turn of events.

I read how people whine about Garrosh's development being a mess up. Well in truth his one went the way of his father and anyone who didn't see this coming is an idiot.
    With Jaina however, this sudden shift in personality I blame solely on the players who whined about her being to peaceful, and as a result she's now become a broken character. You think she's gotten her shit together one minute, and then she jumps back to psycho Maiev themed Jaina.

They writers clearly didn't have a clue how to handle it, just because they've invented such brilliant characters over the years doesn't mean they can't screw up here and there.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by gor3howl View Post
    Jania herself didn't launch the attack, it was Varian and since Theramore was an alliance settlement she had no choice. Telling Varian no would be treason (altho we've seen Jania has in the past tired convincing Varain of more peaceful ways of doing things) which would left her alone stuck between the kingdom she "betrayed" and the Horde who wants to kill her.
    Sure but if you do that you can´t say that you just want peace and harmony with the Horde. Once you agree to let the troops use your city as a base to launch an attack on the Horde you are part of that war and agree with it. And why couldn´t she say no ? At that time it was still an alliance, Varian was not the supreme emperor of everyone and he couldn´t order the other Alliance members around. Now as "High King" maybe but at that time Theramore was quite independent.

I don´t want to play the blame game, her attack may be justified and all, its just you can´t call yourself a person of peace if you start a war.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Yet Theremore's troops make up most if not all of the invasion force.
    No, they didn't. Hate to break it to you but thats just Blizzard being lazy with the model. If you bothered to play the Alliance side you'd know the commanders in the Barrens send the player to Theramore to petition them for aid and troops, but the commander in Theramore declines because they don't have any troops to spare without leaving Theramore completely vulnerable. So you're wrong. The troops there are NOT Theramore.

Jaina did lay her own traps and magic to defend an Alliance city
    She didn't lay any traps, she provided a barrier to keep thieves from infiltrating the city. The barrier was breached by Sunreaver's utilizing their position of neutrality to get close to Jaina, uncover this information and betray her. Information they would never have been privy too without being NEUTRAL in the Kirin Tor. It'd be on par with Hamuul getting into Darnassus under the guise of the Cenarion Circle's neutrality then leveling the city with a hurricane. You Horde fanboys would think that's OK... Jaina should've drowned Orgrimmar in a tidal wave and the story should've gone from there. If she were Horde and Org were an Alliance city it would've happened. Enjoy being the favoured of the story.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they didn't. Hate to break it to you but thats just Blizzard being lazy with the model. If you bothered to play the Alliance side you'd know the commanders in the Barrens send the player to Theramore to petition them for aid and troops, but the commander in Theramore declines because they don't have any troops to spare without leaving Theramore completely vulnerable. So you're wrong. The troops there are NOT Theramore.
    no need to assume that I never did a single quest on the Alliance side, I do have an Alliance toon whos sole purpose is to do that.

That quest does not prove in anyway that the troops are not from Theramore. The invasion was launched from Northwatch Hold, a fortress under Theramore's command.
    I find I have more credibility as the troops fight under the flag and wearing the tabard of Theramore

Plus, Theramore is an Alliance city, why would they not help out if the greater Alliance is at war?

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 09:44 PM ----------

She didn't lay any traps, she provided a barrier to keep thieves from infiltrating the city.
    An Alliance city.

Aiding any side in a conflict is not a very neutral thing to do.
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-12-08 at 10:14 PM.

Aiding any side in a conflict is not a very neutral thing to do.
    Exactly. That's why the Sunreavers need to be purged.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    EVERYONE needs to be purged. Azeroth is filled with freaks that worship light, nature and fel.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-12-08 at 10:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    EVERYONE needs to be purged. Azeroth is filled with freaks that worship light, nature and fel.
    if everyone is a freak? Does that not defeat the purpose of calling someone a freak? lol

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 10:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBear View Post
    yet Jaina was also aiding a side in the conflict
    Should she be purged to?

yet Jaina was also aiding a side in the conflict
    Should she be purged to?
    Taking preventative measures to ensure that one side didn't do anything to compromise that neutrality doesn't mean she is choosing sides. It is clearly stated in the quest text and dialogue in the cutscenes that she is choosing to remain neutral in this conflict.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Taking preventative measures to ensure that one side didn't do anything to compromise that neutrality doesn't mean she is choosing sides. It is clearly stated in the quest text and dialogue in the cutscenes that she is choosing to remain neutral in this conflict.
    I wsnt talkin about the purge, I was referencing to the traps and protection Jaina put upon the Night Elf city

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Here we have a good ruler Here is a future expansion villain
    |--------------------------------------------------|

Varian's moved more to the left, Jaina's really just moved to the center, and Sylvanas has tracked hard right ever since ICC.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Jaina may have been a peace advocate, but she is still loyal to the Alliance

And like it or not, the Alliance is now at war against the Horde, so she cant very well just not do anything
    She allowed Alliance troops to invade Horde lands when there was still a chance at peace and Garrosh was damn honorable and willing to listen to reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15