Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, wait... lmao. I thought something bad happened if no one was upstairs, period, so we were leaving all the adds to have a crazy fun time down stairs. I'll try it again ignoring the top with the same guy tomorrow night.

I was trying to help the same guy get the Ony 25 timed ach, etc (you scratch my back I'll scratch yours), should I just get on a ranged alt (only have 85 fire mage, LFR/N DS gear) or is there some special trick to killing her before 5 minutes is up as a warrior on 25 man?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

If there's nobody upstairs, she does an aoe on the raid. Not a big deal at level 90, I almost solo'd the P1 that way (died against the fourth spider). That should be very easy to to 2-man it, the priority is that the big spider doesn't eat little ones.
    I don't know how hard P2 is (since I didn't manage to solo my way to it), but I'd guess it should be doable. You may want your hpal to spec ret, but I'm not sure.

Has anyone tried Brutallus? I tried as both fury and prot and couldnt. As Fury Second Wind couldnt keep me up, and as Prot I couldnt do the 21k dps. My gear is terrible, but I managed to solo BT and TK earlier. Is it a gear thing or is there another way?

It's pretty easy as prot.
    Full dps gear and use Shield Barrier each time he casts Meteor Slash.

Just got back into soloing, decided to try out the 25mans first after clearing BT easily. Ulduar 25 presented problems, and I only got FL 2 towers and XT. Could not for the life of me get Iron Council, Kologarn, or Ignis, didn't attempt Razorscale. ICC 25 hit a bit hard, so I decided to go 10 Heroic. Got Marrowgar through Gunship Heroic solo, but god damn did I hit a wall on H Saurfang. He gets blood fast and hits HARD. I don't think you can zerg this one down my friends.

Edit: For those having issues on Gunship, I'll post my strat (10 Heroic):
    -Get in left gun off the bat, start building to 100.
    -Hit the ship with you first blast as soon as possible, start, spamming and kill the 2 axe-throwers with your blasts. You should get off 3 90+ blasts here before the first battle mage.
    -If the axe-throwers aren't dead, make sure your rocket pack kills them off as they should be low. Pop CDs and Global the mage. Kill remaining axe throwers asap, and hop over back into the cannon. Ignore adds on your ship the entire fight.
    -Focus your cannon fire on the rocketeers during your 2nd round of cannons. Both should die easily, and you should then begin damaging the axe throwers up front once more.
    -Hop back over, global battle mage and kill remaining axe throwers, hop back over and finish the opposing gunship. GG. Requires some practice and luck, but it can definitely be done.
    Last edited by Propainn; 2012-12-08 at 08:39 AM.

Funny, my strat on Gunship 10HM is completely different. ^^
    My priority order:
    1) Kill the adds on my ship.
    2) Kill the battle mage.
    3) Into the cannon!
    When I go on the other ship, I just kill battle mage and jump back to my cannon. Last week, my ship had 42% health left at the end of the fight.

For Saurfang, I think it is not possible in dps spec (but still, I want to try it. )
    In prot spec, it's quite hard but doable. You can equip 2p of the T13 to have more absorbs, it will help (nice tip from Nightstalker). If you don't have this bonus, you can kill it anyway (I did it last week) but it will be harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume you mean Iron Council Hardmode 25? Cause the order I posted earlier is long but laughable.

I'm trying to pickup some weapons from Ulduar, but am getting stuck at Flame Leviathan 25. I've been reading that most wars are doing it without any problem, but i'm having a bit of a rough go. I'm specced fury (ilvl 480ish) and am finding when I try to switch vehicles after initially bursting him, by the time I go to switch they've all despawned. Got any tips or should I go prot?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Anyone solo GLUTH 25? I'm having issues trying to solo him, he keeps getting healed and I don't know how to counter his healing in damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    FL 25, you need to be prot to live in between vehicles I think, or you can just set up 3-4 vehicles within shot distance of one another, spam pyrite, go to the next one (which should be far enough away he won't hit you immediately) and do the same thing.

Ok, Saurfang 10HM is NOT doable in dps spec.
    I managed to put him at 75% and then he started outheal my dps and kill me.
    After 1 minute of fight he healed himself for more than 100k hps.

BT, TK and Alysrazor

With decent gear alysrazor dies before the first tornado phase, it's really easy.
    Last edited by Quenios; 2012-12-09 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure what you mean by good gear, I am 488 2P T14 and got her to 50% before dying when she landed to all the adds.

Got her to 63% as prot then when she hopped back up I almost instadied. Granted, I wasn't exactly payin g a ton of attention and I don't think I will be putting more time in to her anytime soon, but is my gear just sort of low, or am I bad at flying?
    Last edited by Freedom; 2012-12-10 at 03:17 AM.

Solo'd BT up to Council.

Killed bloodboil then died 3 seconds later due to the debuff.

Was Fury in Fury gear (480 item level). Except for ROS, went Prot for that one for more damage reduction CDs and so I do less damage and dont roflpwn myself.

First time trying it since the nerf to ROS. Council wrecked me. I cant seem to get the healer to move out of the AOE, and I'm dying too quickly. might switch up and get second wind for that one, or try it as prot maybe.

Brought a friend in coz he wanted the zergling staff. Got my OH glaive. Now to try for the MH one.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-12-10 at 10:18 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    edit: nevermind, got it
    Last edited by Zero2ninE; 2012-12-10 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    How'd you handle XT-002? I imagine you did it in tank gear?

Second Wind just BARELY fell behind for me in Fury.

OS10 3D I'm getting fucked. The first drake is hitting me for like, 30k, but I'm consistently getting Sarth to ~400k before he's down.
    I've not tried OS10 3D, but OS25 3D is do-able as a warrior tank and 1 dps friend, so not soloable yet but close Great fun though, you actually need to do the fight properly, not enough dps to zerg the boss down before he's imune

15+ Year Old Account
    my current state is: cleared all of classic as today, with two exceptions
    razorgore in BWL. he might be possible, but it's way more relaxing if you two man him.
    viscidus in AQ40: was too lazy to organize frost damage (Those weapons you can buy as blue giant women in storm peaks).

full BT. to one of the posters above: just get second wind for that. it easily heals through the debuff. 55 stacks ticking, no problem for second wind. just try not to attempt anything else as long as it is ticking oh, and essence of souls is easy as fury. you just need second wind (again), and autohit only the second phase. boring, and takes some time, but at the end of the day, easy. interrupt every now and then, ofc.

full tempest keep. kael is only difficult to survive when all four adds are simultaneously. you need to burn down the caster in the small gaps between being confused and stunned, then the engineer. if you manage that, it's a kill. bandages between phases to restore some health help a lot.

Sunwell: well, there won't be a portal to the second realm at kalecgos when you attempt him solo. and when he's below 1% at the top, he goes immune and just stands around, and you cant reset him other than heartstoning out. trash is easy though. you just need to burn down that one add (if it's available), that does that debuff. if you have the debuff, it will kill you.

Full SSC except for vashj (didn't attempt her, because raid was starting). that one shaman boss is similar to kael. if you survive the adds, it's a kill. took me a couple of trys....

I may try some more next weekend. looking forward to naxx and ulduar. and I definitely want to try icc 25 hc at some time, that Tier set is just too damn good looking. but that may not be soloable...^^

as a summary: second wind is GOLD when you want to do old content. oh and so far I did everything as fury DPS with two normal star shatters (474 gear level on average). I just need the DPS for some bosses. I managed to draw threat from akama and I managed to kill the adds on golemagg. is fun.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2012-12-10 at 03:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weena2 View Post
    Has anyone tried Brutallus? I tried as both fury and prot and couldnt. As Fury Second Wind couldnt keep me up, and as Prot I couldnt do the 21k dps. My gear is terrible, but I managed to solo BT and TK earlier. Is it a gear thing or is there another way?
    Bruttallus is also doable as fury. You just need to swap to defensive stance once the Meteor slashes start hitting hard and use defensive cooldowns for each one (Rallying Cry, Banner, DBTS, Shield Wall).

I did most of Naxx 25 over the weekend. I couldn't get Gluth, or see how it would be possible. Has anyone managed it? I went fury for most of it and switched to prot for the harder hitting ones (Maexana, Razuvius and Patchwork).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    razorgore in BWL. he might be possible, but it's way more relaxing if you two man him.
    If you want to try it in the future:
    - specc second wind
    - use defensive stance
    - unequip gear
    - equip gear
    - hit the first 3 mobs but don't kill them
    - use Razorgore to kill eggs, 'destroy egg' cast has no cooldown any longer
    - place Razorgore at the other end of the room
    - when channel is finished clear the room of most adds (they die rather quickly with level 90, specc doesn't matter)
    - drop a mocking banner and restart channeling, clear the remaining eggs
    - kill boss
    - loot

I did it at 85 with prot and blood craze specc, it was rather tough but today you can make a LOT of errors and still be fine - no hassle with recontrolling over and over, all eggs will be gone after 2 channels.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    viscidus in AQ40: was too lazy to organize frost damage (Those weapons you can buy as blue giant women in storm peaks).
    Easy solution: Enchant Weapon - Elemental Force on any weapon (faster is better, but doesn't really matter as long as you have some minutes to spare).

Quote Originally Posted by Quenios View Post
    BT, TK and Alysrazor

With decent gear alysrazor dies before the first tornado phase, it's really easy.
    I wonder what that 'decent gear' looks like for Alysrazor? Went to her in Arms specc and couldn't brought her below 50%ish percent before tornado spawned, didn't manage to outheal outside of the area with def. stance, shield wall and rallying cry/die by the sword afterwards. You can argue that fury scales way better with haste but it shouldn't be like night and day, should it? Anyways, kudos for the kill.
    Last edited by mmoc9d5efa7d44; 2012-12-10 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    I've not tried OS10 3D, but OS25 3D is do-able as a warrior tank and 1 dps friend, so not soloable yet but close Great fun though, you actually need to do the fight properly, not enough dps to zerg the boss down before he's imune
    Yeah, I figured out OS103D shortly after I posted that - I forgot that Tenebron (or whatever the first drake is) enrages once Sartharion hits a certain percentage - easy enough once I popped Defensive + Banner --> Rallying + Die by the Sword. Went down like a bitch.

Me and a paladin friend of mine did it on 25 a few days ago.

So, finally, everything in classic is entirely soloable. Thank Christ, there's so many things from BWL that both my paladin and warrior needed.

Working on Brutallus, but I just think my gear isn't good enough. Getting him into the teens before Meteor Slash is too much. Only 374, still using shitty blue heroic weapons because Shin'ka/Starshatter/Elegion do NOT exist, apparently.

Full SSC except for vashj (didn't attempt her, because raid was starting). that one shaman boss is similar to kael. if you survive the adds, it's a kill. took me a couple of trys....
    She's quite simple, I did her as Fury 3-4 weeks ago - just make sure you...

1. Have a macro to target tainted elementals asap
    1. a. Save Heroic Leap and/or charge to quickly get to them.
    2. For the love of god, save Berserker Rage only when Striders are up, or be able to 1-2 shot them...the fear gives Vashj time for 2-3 more stacks and that shit adds up.

Edit: Ooh, ooh

Does anyone have any tips for Razuvius? I got him to about 18% as Fury, but that was with stupid as shit kiting and crazy tricks. I guess I gotta man up and just do it as Prot?
    Last edited by Kaneiac; 2012-12-11 at 12:07 AM.