Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    It gets voted down every year and isnt even a case the supreme court should be hearing.
    It won the popular vote in four states this election.

Quote Originally Posted by link4117 View Post
    So in this age of the internet it is impossible to look at court dockets and read news in the US? That's the silliest thing i've heard yet.
    That's seriously not even in the top 10 of silly things chadwix has said.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Saw nothing on my ballot about gay marriage.
    Maine, Maryland, Minnesota and Washington(state) passed laws allowing gays to be married via popular vote in the November elections. There are 49 states that you don't live in, you know, and the Supreme Court sees court cases involving all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nobody's attacking you for being straight. Hell, I'm straight.

They're attacking you for opposing equal rights on religious grounds.
    Is it illegal to be religious? People can have their own views, bashing them like these people do when they dont agree is the issue.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Words change meaning and marriage will too. If the word fag can change meaning multiple times over the last few generations (and within mine) then so can't marriage.

Get use to it or you can be the next generation of bitter old people (some not all) who still think black people aren't equal to white people.

Fortunately for these people I doubt there is going to be much backlash when gay people are finally treated the same as everybody else.

Whenever this passes people are going to wake up and effectively nothing is going to change, even those who support such an act. It's not like gay people are going to spread like wild fire and then run around forcing people to be gay rofl.

Saw nothing on my ballot about gay marriage.
    like i said earlier if you believe gays cant go to heaven then the government letting them get married wont magically let them into heaven if you're right. or does god listen to america and thus all your beliefs are based off american laws?

i mean your welcome to believe whatever you want but i dont quite see how something a government is doing affects your religion in anyway its not like their going to force you to perform sodomy if it passes O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    So sinister. Okay. My deepest apologies for being straight. I guess we will see.
    Your sexual orientation has nothing to do with it.

Is it illegal to be religious? People can have their own views, bashing them like these people do when they dont agree is the issue.
    See, people like you throw this red herring out all the time. Nobody is bashing anyone for being religious. They're bashing them for imposing their religious views on people who don't believe in them.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their beliefs are forced upon and impede upon others, then those beliefs should be crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Words change meaning and marriage will too. If the word fag can change meaning multiple times over the last few generations (and within mine) then so can't marriage.

Get use to it or you can be the next generation of bitter old people (some not all) who still think black people aren't equal to white people.

Fortunately for these people I doubt there is going to be much backlash when gay people are finally treated the same as everybody else.

Whenever this passes people are going to wake up and effectively nothing is going to change, even those who support such an act. It's not like gay people are going to spread life wild fire and then run around forcing people to be gay rofl.
    exactly fag doesnt even mean a gay person anymore it means a douchebag on a motorbike
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

So it should be illegal for you as well to bash on gay rights?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=35TbGjt-weA

Deleted
    Am I the only one who sees the picture (http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/ass...-story-top.jpg) from the start of the article in the op and can only think "hehehehe, she cut her nails short. Someones getting some tonight "

10+ Year Old Account
    You apparently missed the part where I confirmed I go to a non-denominational church and believe in a God, and still find that there is nothing in this world that can justify denying people basic rights based on their lover's gender.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 03:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    If their beliefs are forced upon and impede upon others, then those beliefs should be crushed.
    To put it another way: your civil rights end where mine begin.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    See, people like you throw this red herring out all the time. Nobody is bashing anyone for being religious. They're bashing them for imposing their religious views on people who don't believe in them.
    So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine? Certainly you can see the double standard?

"exactly fag doesnt even mean a gay person anymore it means a douchebag on a motorbike "

Do they still call cigarettes fags in england?

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Using Sodom and Gomorrah as an example is hilarious. The most holy man in the town offered up his two children for the Angels to rape so they wouldn't destroy the town.

Anyway, things the bible calls an abomination and are on the same level as homosexuality:

Women wearing pants.

Tattoos.

Lying. At all. About anything.

Eating seafood.

Eating pork.

Eating anything that has hooves.

Eating anything that walks on four legs.

Planting more than one type of crop in a field.

Wearing clothes made from more than one material.

Touching a woman at all while she's on her period.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head without reading up on my Leviticus. I'm sure you've committed every one of those except for homosexuality.
    The majority of the things you listed were directed towards the Jews, and those all were not labeled as 'abominations'. Sin is sin. The Bible does not say homosexuality is the worst possible sin that there is. It does not have certain things marked as being 'bad' or 'worse' sins. But there are different punishments for different sins.

And how is Sodom and Gomorrah as an example hilarious? Because you said that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, yet the story of Sodom and Gomorrah does indeed talk about it? The most holy man in town (Lot) offered his daughters because the two angels that visited him were under his roof and were his guests. The people in the city came to Lot's door saying to bring the men (angels) out to them, so that they may know them, which is speaking of homosexuality. And then Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed.

You say that the Bible does not speak of homosexuality, yet when I show you an example, you find it hilarious. You seem to not want to know what the Bible says, which I'm sure you don't. But you can not say that it does not speak against homosexuality, because it does.

And also, to whoever was saying that I have another account because of my obviously small post count; I do not. I use Mmo to check for updates and what not, and have had no urge to post until today.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not illegal to be religious. But the right to free speech does not carry with it the right to not be confronted for it.

If you do not wish for people to point out that your views are based on bigotry and religious discrimination, you're free to keep them to yourself. The moment you open your mouth and state them in public, you've opened yourself to everyone's right to speak back.

And again; your own personal religious beliefs hold zero legal grounds, and any law with a religious basis can and should be aggressively brought down. Such laws are not just antithetical to freedom in general, they're antithetical to the US in particular, as it has been for the last several centuries, and as the Founding Fathers intended it to be.

Saying "that should be illegal because my faith doesn't like it" is totally and completely unAmerican.

Nobody is saying it is illegal to be religious.

It is illegal (as in, violates the Constitution) for the States to make laws based on a religious stance.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

So imposing religious views is bad, imposing sexual views is fine? Certainly you can see the double standard?
    I can't tell when people are trolling anymore.

Nobody is going to hold you down and butt fuck you if they get to be married.

How are his sexual views being imposed on you? Is he forcing you to go marry another man? Naw man, naw.

their not imposing sexual views. imposing sexual views would be forcing you to be gay all their doing is giving gay people rights when it became legal for interracial couples to get married did they force white people to start having sex with other races? O_o