Page 21 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm going to go play Fallout: New Vegas for a while to cool my jets. Talking to ignorant people who neither understand the movement's goals nor admit that they are denying other human beings basic civil rights with no moral standing is blood-boiling work. Feel free to PM me if you want to whine about the mean evil male-to-female lesbian who wants to force you to live in a country with equal rights for all adults in consenting relationships.

Just remember, boys and girls. Your civil rights end where mine begin, and I'll be damned if I let you deny me mine while you enjoy yours.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    On the subject of Jewish beliefs used incorrectly by Christians, ask a Jew.
    I read that in a cheesy game show voice.

"Coming up next on... Ask A Jew!"

Seems like the world nowadays is more accepting of many things, if two people want to get married regardless of sex, go for it. It doesn't affect my life at all, so why should it bother me?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Civil unions do not convey the same rights as a marriage.
    Maybe for irresponsible gay people. Get a will, make your partner your caretaker and a couple other things (i forget) and it is the same. The differences between a civil union and a marriage are legal based and can be solved very easily if you fill out the paperwork.

Let me guess, unfair to make gay people fill out forms and not straight people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Is it illegal to be religious? People can have their own views, bashing them like these people do when they dont agree is the issue.
    No it is not illegal to be Religious, however in the US it is illegal to force your beliefs in God on others. Which is why this debate has happened in our generation. Religious groups have created laws which violate the Constitution, and now they are being tested by the Supreme Court.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's absolutely okay (even though I might not agree with it) to be a fucking bigot, sexist or racist person. Just keep it to your fucking self.

Marriage never started in churches to begin with, although historically it has now moved in that direction.

Anyways nobody is fucking forcing people to do something they don't agree with. If churches don't want to marry two dudes they don't have too. Churches are like clubs or exclusives organizations anyway. They don't have to let certain people in or non-club members in if they don't want too.

This is about giving HUMAN FUCKING BEINGS the same RIGHTS as other human beings and nothing more.

You should be more supportive of things like this because perhaps down the road people will start denying rights to religious people when they finally become a minority centuries down the road. Rights for all is in the best interest FOR EVERYBODY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe for irresponsible gay people. Get a will, make your partner your caretaker and a couple other things (i forget) and it is the same. The differences between a civil union and a marriage are legal based and can be solved very easily if you fill out the paperwork.

Equality does not come with footnotes. Full stop.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdude View Post
    The majority of the things you listed were directed towards the Jews, and those all were not labeled as 'abominations'.
    The only Biblical reference labelling homosexuality an "abomination" is Leviticus.

And if we're talking Leviticus (using King James, because it uses the translation "abomination");

Eating animals you sacrificed is an abomination (but animal sacrifice is normal and good); Leviticus 7:18
    Lobster's an abomination; Leviticus 11:10
    Anything that flies and goes about on all fours are abominations; Leviticus 11:20, 23
    Anything that "creeps" (usually snakes and insects); Leviticus 11:41

And that's just if we want to pick on the specific word "abomination". Literally, according to the only book that uses that phrase in reference to homosexuality, it's equally bad to eat lobster or snake, but you should be performing your regular animal sacrifices like a good Levite.

And how is Sodom and Gomorrah as an example hilarious? Because you said that the Bible says nothing about homosexuality, yet the story of Sodom and Gomorrah does indeed talk about it?
    Actually, it doesn't. The KJV is exceedingly poorly translated, and the original Hebrew more accurately comes out as "lechery" rather than anything about specific sexual orientations. The KJV had a lot of deliberate bias put into it based on what King James personally loathed; we have full evidence of this, including but not limited to the infamous "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live", which was pretty egregiously mistranslated since "witches" didn't exist in the Middle East when those works were written.

Separate but equal worked out so well for us in the past.

What's so goddamn wrong about making the process equal for both sides? Also, like how you completely ignored the part about nobody making churches recognize these marriages.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

i think your forgetting that you live in america a country that was founded upon the principal that it wouldnt make laws based off religion but based on the will of the people of which you are not the majority and therefore you are not a people.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Whut.
    Let's change this around, shall we?
    You'd like to get married to your grand ol' high school sweetheart. Everyone else, however, is religiously gay. They don't believe in "straight" marriage. Don't worry, you can get your "civil union." I wonder how'll she'll feel about it though, she'll never be Mrs. Chadwix.
    I mean you just fill out some forms, and it's kind of the same though.

Endus, I'm glad you're willing to focus on specific Biblical claims, because it's a useful thing for someone to do. I'm just not able to bring myself to argue about the Bible with anymore seriousness than I'd argue about the events chronicled in the Harry Potter tales.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Endus, I'm glad you're willing to focus on specific Biblical claims, because it's a useful thing for someone to do. I'm just not able to bring myself to argue about the Bible with anymore seriousness than I'd argue about the events chronicled in the Harry Potter tales.
    thou shalt not take the name of the boy who lived in vain O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Actually, it doesn't. The KJV is exceedingly poorly translated, and the original Hebrew more accurately comes out as "lechery" rather than anything about specific sexual orientations. The KJV had a lot of deliberate bias put into it based on what King James personally loathed; we have full evidence of this, including but not limited to the infamous "thou shalt not suffer a witch to live", which was pretty egregiously mistranslated since "witches" didn't exist in the Middle East when those works were written.
    This explains why my bible is full of hate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your opinion of a morally upstanding place is different than mine.

Yes, there are people who do hate. If you think I am one of them, then you have failed to read my posts correctly since I have repeatedly said I do not hate homosexuals.
    Action speaks louder than words for a reason.
    Your words is you do not hate homosexual.
    Your actions deem that homosexuals should not have the same rights.
    The action is what causes the change or lack thereof, your words mean nothing.
    Well, if you have been reading any of my posts at all, then you would see that I am indeed against it.

The Bible speaks against homosexuality, and even calls it an abomination. Sodom and Gomorrah is an example. God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because they were such a corrupt people and homosexuality was rampant in their society. The Bible has been taken out of context, and you are one of the people who is taking it out of context. People always take the Bible out of context in order to attack Christianity.

Does the Bible speak against homosexuality? Yes. Does the Bible say to love your neighbors? Yes. This is such a huge argument that pro-gay people use to attack Christians with. That Christians are attacking and hating them for who they are and what they do. And sadly, many Christians and other religious groups do hate gays. But gays attack Christians as well, blacks attack whites, whites attack blacks. Do you see what I'm saying here? Different people persecute other people. And none of it is right.
    By your mentioning, the bible speaks of destroying civilization because of their sexual life. Thus it is a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    Everyone in the middle ages hated the shit out of everyone.
    Grim times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am i forcing you to be anti gay marriage based on religion? Come on people, its an obvious double standard.

Civil union, go get one and stop forcing churches to recognize your marriage since you dont care about religion anyways.
    Nobody cares whether a church recognizes a marriage or not. Churches have no legal authority in this matter. They only have the authority to perform marriages. It's still the state that actually creates and controls the legally binding agreement, and churches have basically no control whatsoever.

Nor is this a new thing. Marriage has always been a fundamentally legal construct, not a religious one.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Equality does not come with footnotes. Full stop.
    Always something isnt it? You dont get 100% of what you want and its not good enough, yet you expect people to give 100%. There is something called a compromise, something the civil union created.

Idk why it's even something to pretend is preventable.
    That is what's wonderful about what's going on.
    It's going to happen. We all are going to see it.
    It does not even have to happen this soon, but it will. Deal with it.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Solzan Nemesis View Post
    "The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully." - Richard Dawkins