Resto question (Ancestral Awakening)

I have been comparing my resto shaman's logs with other raiders using the comparebot tool. Its come to my attention that my Ancestral Awakening proc is much, much lower than every resto I compare with, even healers who do less overall healing than myself, have less gear, etc...Any ideas on whats going on here? My crit is certainly not low, in fact many of the players who topped me have a lower crit rating than I. If I am reading everything correctly, I am under the impression that Ancestral Awakening procs to a crit from a direct heal (HS, GHW, HW), so it shouldn't have anything to do with any other stats, correct?I'm really puzzled here, any help would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinya View Post
    I have been comparing my resto shaman's logs with other raiders using the comparebot tool. Its come to my attention that my Ancestral Awakening proc is much, much lower than every resto I compare with, even healers who do less overall healing than myself, have less gear, etc...Any ideas on whats going on here? My crit is certainly not low, in fact many of the players who topped me have a lower crit rating than I. If I am reading everything correctly, I am under the impression that Ancestral Awakening procs to a crit from a direct heal (HS, GHW, HW), so it shouldn't have anything to do with any other stats, correct?I'm really puzzled here, any help would be great.
    Yes you are correct, it only procs off crits of your direct heals. One you missed on your list, it also procs off of riptide tide crits. Anyway it might just be your playstyle is still stuck in cata, as in you might be healing rain, lightning bolt spamming still. Logs would probably allow us to help a lot more if you have any since we cant realy judge what you might be doing differently just by you saying "im getting less healing from anscestral awakening" Anyway something I just thought of, it might have something to do with who you are healing. If for instance you are healing lower hp targets, your big heals are going to heal alot more than if you healed higher hp targets thus causing your anscestral awakening to heal for more
    Last edited by mjolnrik; 2012-12-09 at 12:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    AA only works with direct heals like you said.
    If you compare also the number of HS, HW GHW where you feel low on AA, you will also be low with those spells.

I think it's so simple as that.

In some extreme situations if you compare a fight with low level of life where the shaman uses more HS and HW (and then low overheal) to a fight with opposite parameters, you might notice differences, but it's unlikely.

To be low on direct heals is certainly not bad on some fights but you should use them more.

Thank you for replying to my thread.

I have been doing extensive looking at logs. It does appear that I am not doing as many single target heals as I should be and over using HR. I'm going to have to make some changes to my healing it appears.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinya View Post
    Thank you for replying to my thread.

I have been doing extensive looking at logs. It does appear that I am not doing as many single target heals as I should be and over using HR. I'm going to have to make some changes to my healing it appears.
    Direct heals with tidal waves buff are very good HPS and fast.