Deleted

[Feral] 4 set PvP bonus in PvE

This could be a stupid question, but I am progressing on blade lord HC at the moment and noticed my DPS was a bit low (pulling around 75k average). After doing a bit of research I noticed a feral is topping the charts on Blade lord. After a little digging around I noticed Ravage was one of his damaging skills, I can understand 1 but used it 11 times. At first I thought it was Incarnation but after checking his armoury is seems he is using 4set PvP bonus (free ravage proc / 30 seconds). He could have logged out in his PvP gear but he is ONLY using 4 piece of PvP gear in order to get the 4 set, the rest is PvE gear.

My question is: is it really that good? I noticed he ranked #1 on several fights and afaik, used the ravage on them most.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10617&e=11017

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    This could be a stupid question, but I am progressing on blade lord HC at the moment and noticed my DPS was a bit low (pulling around 75k average). After doing a bit of research I noticed a feral is topping the charts on Blade lord. After a little digging around I noticed Ravage was one of his damaging skills, I can understand 1 but used it 11 times. At first I thought it was Incarnation but after checking his armoury is seems he is using 4set PvP bonus (free ravage proc / 30 seconds). He could have logged out in his PvP gear but he is ONLY using 4 piece of PvP gear in order to get the 4 set, the rest is PvE gear.

My question is: is it really that good? I noticed he ranked #1 on several fights and afaik, used the ravage on them most.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=10617&e=11017
    The loss of stats, and other set bonuses (assuming you have two or four piece, and full 496 and above gear in those slots) makes using the pvp gear worse, honestly.

Deleted
    Just seems weird that he is 15k above the 2nd highest feral, and even higher then fire mages. Seems odd

free ravage also = combo points as well
    It is also 10m, as there aren't as many skilled ferals in that environment. Granted 25m is different, try checking ferals gear setup there.

Lol, this is reminding me of paladin Holy 4pc PvP bonus being...utilized...in PvE encounters, purely because of free holy power generation. I wonder how this one will pan out. Probably won't be as widely used, as the stats lost as a dps are much more important than a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    free ravage also = combo points as well
    It is also 10m, as there aren't as many skilled ferals in that environment. Granted 25m is different, try checking ferals gear setup there.
    Somewhat agree, 10m 'ferals' are guardians imo...

Deleted
    Stenhaldi is arguebly a very good feral druid thought, And yes he uses from my understanding 4 set PvP bonus there all his four iteams are upgraded to 491 i do not think it will result an much of DPS lost from the other set bonus since 5% Shred damage and longer Rip is nothing against Ravage every 30 seconds not considering how easy it would be lining up TF with it. But then again i do not think it would be worth for most of ferals right now to go out and farm conquest i do believe one of the best thing is that he is upgrading 491 gear "FREE" when you look in the perspective of his raid setup he will be passing Tier iteams and his raid group will gear up easier.

Yup agree w/ etapicx, he can pass gear to the rest of the raid while he slowly gets his 4p tier. Also, if you pvp a decent amount, you can split your valor and conquest upgrades on the pieces which overall will boost your ilvl higher then a pure pve geared player can w/ only valor.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Just seems weird that he is 15k above the 2nd highest feral, and even higher then fire mages. Seems odd
    Notice that the first rip, applied with all buffs up, lasts nearly 5 minutes without any refreshes.
    That's probably playing more of a role than the set bonus.

He cast 3 rips the entire fight. I dont understand how you can have 5 minute uptime, with 3 casts in a single fight. Its not possible.
    Last edited by Conatzer; 2012-12-09 at 08:56 AM.

FB refreshes don't actually show up in the log; if anything it looks like FB was refreshing Rip for the entire encounter (which would also explain why it falls off twice, once for each time he's forced out of melee in p2). Bugs do happen sometimes.
    Can't really tell for sure without actually hearing it from the source, though.

It doesnt refresh until 25% though, 3 applications would be 66 seconds in total, which is no where near the 25% mark.