Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Priest solo old content

I looked abit in priest part of forum and dun saw thred like this. Im just curious what did u solo as a priest in old raids, im near 90 on my priest and since i love old gear i prolly give a try soon

Personally, I'm struggling with Thorim and General V in Ulduar. Thorim needs either a persistent AoE or a pet to prevent it from resetting (my Mind Bender does waaaay too much damage to use the normal solo pet tactic of dragging the Giant out and keeping your pet on him until the arena adds reset). Might try Psyfiend this week... but dunno if that'll work. General Vezax has his mana drain which generally means I'm OOM around 30%, I haven't had a decent go at him though, could probably zerg him down with some luck.

Rest of Ulduar is cake to solo.

The 1st four Bosses in ICC are very easy. Gunship was annoying, but managed to down it last week. Saurfang is a lot of fun, pretty much spamming Flash Heals towards the end Valithria isn't a pushover, but doable. Haven't attempted the rest yet.

Naxx is all very soloable in 10man. 25man Patchwerk still hits like a truck, you'll be spamming Flash Heal through a lot of it. I had one attempt on him and decided it wasn't worth the hassle

Malygos is very easy. The 1,1,1,2,3 rotation in P3 will kill him in almost no time and keep you at full health.

Trial of the Crusader bugs out for me at Faction Champs (they never jump down to start the fight). But I think it's due to switching to Heroic for Jaraxxus (doing him on heroic 'cos was easiest way to get the 360 Pain Spike achievement). Will get it next week as it's all easily soloable.

Onyxia is cake.

I haven't tried Sartharion or the Vault of Archavon yet.

I'd done most of the previous raids solo on my Pally at 85, so haven't bothered doing them on my Spriest.

I did Sarth 3d this week, 10man is no problem at all, with adds clear you can have the boss at 20% before the drakes reach you. The spawns afterwards posed more of an issue and just ended up kiting and popping them off with SWP individually till I could run back and loot. 25man might pose some issues in that regard, didn't really feel like putting much effort, its very possible with 2 currently so it may just require a bit of gear for that.
    Basically walked into Ruby Sanctum and just about got 2 shot by the first boss. Not sure how to handle the split phase mechanics of the Halion fight solo either. If I manage to clear the first three bosses one of these days I'll give it a try, I have a feeling without patches it wont be do-able however.
    If I remember correctly vault was solo-able at 85 already, haven't tried it myself however.

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    Personally, I'm struggling with Thorim and General V in Ulduar. Thorim needs either a persistent AoE or a pet to prevent it from resetting (my Mind Bender does waaaay too much damage to use the normal solo pet tactic of dragging the Giant out and keeping your pet on him until the arena adds reset). Might try Psyfiend this week... but dunno if that'll work. General Vezax has his mana drain which generally means I'm OOM around 30%, I haven't had a decent go at him though, could probably zerg him down with some luck.

Rest of Ulduar is cake to solo.

The 1st four Bosses in ICC are very easy. Gunship was annoying, but managed to down it last week. Saurfang is a lot of fun, pretty much spamming Flash Heals towards the end Valithria isn't a pushover, but doable. Haven't attempted the rest yet.

Naxx is all very soloable in 10man. 25man Patchwerk still hits like a truck, you'll be spamming Flash Heal through a lot of it. I had one attempt on him and decided it wasn't worth the hassle

Malygos is very easy. The 1,1,1,2,3 rotation in P3 will kill him in almost no time and keep you at full health.

Trial of the Crusader bugs out for me at Faction Champs (they never jump down to start the fight). But I think it's due to switching to Heroic for Jaraxxus (doing him on heroic 'cos was easiest way to get the 360 Pain Spike achievement). Will get it next week as it's all easily soloable.

Onyxia is cake.

I haven't tried Sartharion or the Vault of Archavon yet.

I'd done most of the previous raids solo on my Pally at 85, so haven't bothered doing them on my Spriest.
    General Vezax is very easy if you know the tricks. Firstly you should not be casting anything at all unless you stand inside Shadow Crash. Once you are standing in Shadow Crash, the only spells you should be casting are damaging spells. If under any circumstance your health dips below 20%, move out of shadow crash and pop a VE. If you pop VE however, keep in mind not to move back into the shadow crash as the effects of shadow crash reduces healing. Move back into shadow crash once VE is over. If you still need more health, which is unlikely, move out of shadow crash again and pop a Desperate Prayer.

Thorim however can be tricky, as you said, at level 90, Mindbender kills the construct way to quickly. I also doubt Psyfiend works. However there is another way which can work. If you have either the C'thun trinket, or the Yogg0 10man trinket, you can summon a tentacle as a pet for 20-30 seconds. This pet always remain where you placed him so it doesnt come back to you after its kills its target. Using this trinket may incur a DPS loss, but your DPS should still greatly outweigh the DPS I pulled back in level 85 when I soloed this boss.

Rest of ulduar is cake, except Algalon. This boss requires some practice in Mindbender timing in order to reset Phase Punch stacks. Basically the idea is to let the Mindbender eat the first or second stack of Phase Punch, which buys you enough time to last until the first big bang. Just before he casts Big Bang, lure the boss to the edge of the room, and then once he starts casting Big Bang, move to the other edge. Once hes finished casting, he will catch up to you again, but just before he reaches you, cast Mindbender + Fade, letting the Mindbender eat the first stack of Phase Punch. By this time its just a matter of luck since the next phase punch comes in 15 seconds and the remaining duration of your current 4-stack phase punch debuff should also be around 15 seconds. There are a couple of ways to prevent him from casting phase punch before your current debuff falls off. First is just simply kiting. Kiting the boss just 1 or 2 seconds before the debuff wears off can sometimes delay his next phase punch by 1 or 2 seconds. Another more efficient way is Engineering rocket boots. Use this 2 seconds before phase punch debuff falls off and its almost guaranteed that it will fall off before the boss has a chance to apply the next one.

Managed to zerg General V last night. Just went nuts and killed him before running OOM. Was touch and go though (ilevel 490). Wish I'd read your post beforehand though. I didn't notice him cast Shadow Crash at all, but I was in melee range the whole time. Assume you'd need to sfiend/fade to get him to drop one.

Thorim we can still kill using the sfiend method. Need to drag the construct back into the arena, cast sfiend and use the 'move' button on the pet bar to place him in the area where the adds respawn. Then just run back into the corridor and proceed as normal.

I've been following your Youtube channel, Zsun. Been a massive help with soloing all these old raids. Cleared ICC10 last night too, which still has some challenging solo fights.
    Last edited by Stasis007; 2012-12-09 at 12:33 AM.

for halion 10 man i can solo the 3 mini bosses.... but halion.... closest i got to was 30 %..... he heals too much even constantly portal jumping... going into the portal run to other portal while applying dots, entering portal and repeating....

edit: it seems that when you go into the other realm, your dots get wiped.... :/
    Last edited by Alenoria; 2012-12-09 at 02:54 AM.

Halion will likely be my goal next week. Just realized I was doing it on 25man, not sure why.....

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    for halion 10 man i can solo the 3 mini bosses.... but halion.... closest i got to was 30 %..... he heals too much even constantly portal jumping... going into the portal run to other portal while applying dots, entering portal and repeating....

edit: it seems that when you go into the other realm, your dots get wiped.... :/
    Don't bother portal jumping in p3, it doesn't really "balance" his corporeality in any way. When p3 starts, just remain in the twilight realm and keep dpsing till he starts to hit like a truck. When this happens, he'll start to take increased damage and that's when you pop all your defensive and offensive CDs and nuke him down.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Was looking for a thread like this the other day and didn't see one. Glad this is here (just leveled a spriest to 90) Have had some fun with some old raids Ony still causes me issues with adds however but I'm super new to a priest never have played one but have to admit enjoying it

Cidic same here, i was was doing alot of old solo, on dk and in mop in monk but priest is defo difrent story to solo things love it with 468 ilv i find things way easier then i tho b4

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nights View Post
    Cidic same here, i was was doing alot of old solo, on dk and in mop in monk but priest is defo difrent story to solo things love it with 468 ilv i find things way easier then i tho b4
    Yeah some things I find a little easier on the Priest for sure but my main Paladin (ret) has a bit more of an easier time with others. Did manage to Solo Void Reaver in TK the other day that fight was annoying being silence locked for pretty much all of it outside of here and there. Took like 2 tries but got him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still can't solo FathomLord.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Chaosbolt completely wrecked me the other day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? Chaosbolt completely wrecked me the other day.
    Had issues with him as well. Finally just got sick of trying to do it solo and a friend of mine came in who wanted the tier gear as well and we finished it off. First few attempts I got stuck in a none stop "hey lets toss you in the air and you can't do anything" lol

Soloing content as a priest is a blast, not as viable as some other classes, but can really showcase some fun skill issues. Was honestly more fun at 80 and 85 when soloing TBC and Vanilla content was a serious challenge, now all of that content is pretty obsolete. Excited to try TOC again if i ever bother to gear up.

If Faction champs or Twin valks soloable as a priest? seems like both would raise a few issues (champs i can see merely being a test of if you can burn a few down at the start then get some kind of cc up).

Quote Originally Posted by cidic View Post
    Was looking for a thread like this the other day and didn't see one. Glad this is here (just leveled a spriest to 90) Have had some fun with some old raids Ony still causes me issues with adds however but I'm super new to a priest never have played one but have to admit enjoying it
    Just a tip: Ignore the adds, keep renew on yourself and shield if needed. Just nuke her down asap and save Vampiric Embrace untill the end(Also, don't forget your fear ward). Goes alot quicker then taking care of the adds

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post

Zerg down Caribdis first, pop flask, food, potion, shadowfiend, fade (Phantasm talented) 3 orb DP...everything. After she's down, you're free to choose whatever next target you want, but stick to it, dont multidot (unless ur close to OOM from Flash healing). Flash Heal/Shield as soon as you dip below 70%. I know the Bolt does 50%, but you must keep a 20% leeway for CCs etc. Also don't forget important CDs such as VE, Dispersion and Desperate Prayer. Also recommend to use the Inner Will glyph and PoM glyph for better heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Greid View Post
    Soloing content as a priest is a blast, not as viable as some other classes, but can really showcase some fun skill issues. Was honestly more fun at 80 and 85 when soloing TBC and Vanilla content was a serious challenge, now all of that content is pretty obsolete. Excited to try TOC again if i ever bother to gear up.

If Faction champs or Twin valks soloable as a priest? seems like both would raise a few issues (champs i can see merely being a test of if you can burn a few down at the start then get some kind of cc up).
    Soloed Champs on HM at Lv85 on during the MoP prepatch, fight took 27minutes >_>

Twin valks is easy, even on HM

Quote Originally Posted by Stasis007 View Post
    Well Instructor Razuvious isn't very soloable afaik.

Semi-offtopic: When you enter a raidinstance ungrouped it puts you in 10 man correct? Couldn't see if you can change it either.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've soloed all of BWL, MC, AQ20, AQ40 (minus Viscidus), Gruul's, Ony10, Mag's, and I'm currently working on:

-Black Temple (I've killed Narjentus, Supremus, Shade of Akama, everything else I can't do)
    -Marrowgar (can't do anything past that, Deathwhisper I can't beat)
    -Most of Naxx10, trying to figure out how to kill Patchwerk, I've gotten Razuvious down to 1% before wiping -.-
    -OS3D 10 I got him to around 20% before he one shot me (WTF?)

Would appreciate tips on any of this. My Priest's average ilvl is 473

edit: whoops, I've soloed Onyxia easily before, put her in the wrong list.
    Last edited by Byniri; 2012-12-12 at 04:04 PM.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Patchwerk i killed with clever use of cooldowns. Mana fiend + fade i use at around 20-15% so i have a chance to get full hp before his 5% berzerk. Keep shields up, maybe even a renew. At the end you will eventually have to flash heal. But just keep dots up. I saved vampiric embrace healing for the end. Used a healthstone and health pot to do it, with some desperate prayers here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I've soloed all of BWL, MC, AQ20, AQ40 (minus Viscidus), Gruul's, Mag's, and I'm currently working on:

-Black Temple (I've killed Narjentus, Supremus, Shade of Akama, everything else I can't do)
    -Marrowgar (can't do anything past that, Deathwhisper I can't beat)
    -Onyxia 10
    -Most of Naxx10, trying to figure out how to kill Patchwerk, I've gotten Razuvious down to 1% before wiping -.-
    -OS3D 10 I got him to around 20% before he one shot me (WTF?)

Would appreciate tips on any of this. My Priest's average ilvl is 473
    Can't comment much on BT since I havent yet been there since level90

ICC is fully soloable for geared priests, but each boss may need some practice. As long as you know the mechanics of each fight it shouldn't be hard. However being 473 I would imagine there might be issues on the harder bosses such as Blood Queen and Festergut.

Onyxia 10 is very easy to solo, people have been doing it since cata with T12 gear. With T14 gear, even the 25man is doable. Use Halo on the whelps when they spawn, Mind Sear the rest, or G91 Landshark...lol

Patchwerk shouldn't be a problem for 473 ilvl... unless you're doing 25man. Just keep shield, PoM on CD, Desperate Prayer when low, VE near the end. Razuvious is the only one in naxx that may give some pressure for someone with ilvl473. You will want to Flash Heal the unbalancing strikes.

OS3D 10 is a DPS race. You just need to pull 45k dps. You got one shotted coz Tenebron enrages after she lands and after Sarth reaches low health, so this point its best if you kite the boss to prevent being hit by tenebron. Use feathers to kite.

For your reference I'll link some videos, with good strats in the description:

Patchwerk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ7EnrOITao

OS3D 10
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDjjMdNDFrI

Deathwhisper:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8nCsahPuQI
    Last edited by zsun; 2012-12-10 at 11:00 PM.