863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    So because you contradict yourself you can't answer the question?
    in context to your post "I'm not coming back and that's my choice, no matter the results" refers to the poll. "Unless blizzard heads in the opposite direction" is the finality.

No reason to cancel a subscription. There will always be good and bad changes. I don't always agree with the changes and sometimes they make me mad. A good example of this was adding point vendors during the Sunwell patch. It was a good idea because it bridged a gap between non-raiders and progression guilds, allowing people to catch up and creating a larger recruiting pool. Adding Tier gear to point vendors in Wrath was absurd because it allowed players to completely bypass entire instances and practically killed the staggered BC-raiding experience with guilds.

Overall, I think that Blizzard is going in the right direction in some cases, but a portion of the player-base using the forums is under a complete misconception that they represent the entire player-base. I often see posts that I completely disagree with and people raging about how Blizzard should fix x, or change y, and that z is the dumbest idea ever. Some of the "dumbest ideas" have turned into some of the better things to happen to the game. Most of all, I can't stand when elitists post and pretend like they know what's best for the game. They often forget that the only way to keep guilds and competition alive is to create a bridge so that the minor league players can eventually make it to the major league once they've achieved the skill level. Gear is the easiest way to bridge gaps until skill catches up.

Things I liked:
    • The progressive nature of the Klaxxi and Golden Lotus dailies.
    • Valor Points from Dailies.
    • Greater Charms for bonus rolls.
    • A lot of Rare mobs to kill.
    • Rare mobs are soloable.
    • Brawler's Guild.
    • Black Market Auction House will occasionally have a really nice item on it.
    • Glorious! and One Many Army achievements.
    • Epic gear and patterns are still available from vendors.
    • The elimination of Earth, Air, Fire, Water, etc. motes for 1 single type.
    • Talents feel more optional, though some can use some more work.
    • LFR (even though it was added in Cata).

Things I didn't like:
    • That you start from the beginning on the Klaxxi and Golden Lotus dailies every day.
    • Once 90, Justice Points only from Scenarios and Heroic Dungeons.
    • Having an over abundant amount of Lesser Charms because I don't raid, but never enough Justice Points.
    • Rare mobs drop complete crap and novelty items to clutter bank space or be vendored.
    • Rare mobs are completely predictable and boring once you know they only have 2-3 moves. They just hit harder and have more health and don't progressively get harder as they get higher in level.
    • Brawler's Guild invites.
    • BMAH often will have common items or complete crap that no one bids on ... listed at excessive amounts.
    • One Many Army needs more elites. One Many Army and Glorious! achievements are not account-wide.
    • Vendor gear stats suck for several specs and are stuck behind rep grinds. Level 90 patterns are also require rep grinds and by the time you get the rep, you have better gear than the crafted stuff.
    • Spirit of Harmony is BoP.
    • A lot of the Major glyphs suck because of the trade offs you have to give up in order to get something.
    • LFD changes make it so that players can't queue for older dungeons once they qualify for heroics or the next expansion content, yet players may still lack gear that can be obtained through normals / older instances (ie. I had a 80 warrior that couldn't queue for Wrath heroics, though all the gear in the later Wrath heroics were upgrades).

Things I would change:
    • Have the Klaxxi and Golden Lotus dailies move into different areas as you progress, but reopen all areas once the "story" completes.
    • Like the Scryers / Aldor option upon completing certain daily quests, I'd like to select Justice Points or Lesser Charms as I'm completing dailies.
    • Make the Once-Weekly quest to turn in for Lesser Charms give an option between Greater Charms x3 -OR- Justice Points x(?) so players can pick to "get more loot or upgrade what they have".
    • Make the Rare mob drops BoE.
    • Add additional mechanics to the 89 and 90 version of the rares.
    • Make the Brawler's Guild invites immediately available to players that had completed a certain amount of content. Put the invites on Quartermasters and Point Vendors instead of the BMAH.
    • Allow players to buy something that would unbind BoP items to list on the BMAH (the item to unbind gear would keep the prices up).
    • Add more elite daily bosses.
    • Itemize all the gear better or offer more options (ie. only 1 piece of Agility Leather, so tanks and DPS share the same items?) and move the PvE profession patterns to non-rep vendors.
    • Make Spirit of Harmony BoA. If the drop-rate is too high, adjust it and limit the number of songbells that can be purchased per day.
    • Get rid of the trade-off glyphs and make them more straight forward. Add more minor glyphs.
    • Allow older dungeons to be queued by level and not lock people out once they reach an ilevel -OR- set the ilevel lockout higher so that a person with a tank with 3 holiday items must now go tank a heroic that they're clearly not geared for yet.

These are my opinions and suggestions.

EDIT: Clarity.
    Last edited by Jessani; 2012-12-09 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    So in other words Blizzard hurt your feelings now your sad and everyone else should be sad with you? WOTLK and Cata were much worse than MOP. That's my opinion it doesn't make it fact, neither do your silly assumptions.

At the end of the day this is a game I suggest you look up the definition of game if it's not fun you GTFO you don't act like some whiny bitch then run to your local internet forums to find others to agree with you.

As i said before it makes you look like some creepy kid with obsessive issues.
    You look like some angry kid with no life that gets hurt when people threaten a game he pours his entire life into. And again, if you could read, "And speaking for people who are angry." My original post didn't make any assumptions, it wasn't until you opened your uneducated presumptuous mouth that I made one. - I never had a problem with you thinking Cata and Wrath were worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    Things i've learned about you in this thread... you've already unsubbed, so you are stalking your former game, get over it. Move on.

Any statistics you create here wont be representative of the entire subscription base. your ~35% number is a representation of those that bothered to answer you, its NOT representative of the subscription base.

Actually, what you dont want is folks poking holes in your 'I hate blizzard and Wow campaign'.

Here is something you might learn, even if 100x your sample quit, it still wont change anything, Blizzard is NOT going to do it your way.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    One thing they did right in MoP is the raids. They're really good.

On the flip side, MoP did do a couple things terribly wrong. First of all, the huge focus on daily quests. Even the bare minimum 45 per week for elder charms sucks. Somebody who just wants to raid should not be forced to do 45 daily quests each week.

Second of all, something I noticed after transitioning from a hardcore guild to a casual guild with friends, is that the lack of entry level gear makes raids quite brutal for casual players. Its weird going from a guild where the average ilvl is 497+ and everything is easy, then moving to another guild and everyone is down to ~475 and even normal modes are a struggle.
    That is so not true. Remember the first week of the release? We all only had crafted epic gears without lfr back then but we can still clear Vault easily in the first night of the Vault release. I think you struggled because your friends dont have that much experience in raiding? I could be wrong about that, but I don't think gear is the only factor behind that.

I do agree that the raid is more challenging compared to T11-T13. And they did made the access to epic gear harder than ever, so all the factors added up and made raiding look harder than ever even in normal mode for some guilds. Blizz could have made it better by increasing the drop rate of those epics from the last boss in heroic dungeon, or make the weapon craftable just like back in Wotlk.

Is it just me or are trolls getting worse and worse, I mean in game of course i would never call someone a troll on mmo-champ.

You quit the game.
    You feel like there is nothing left in your life.
    Get the fuck over it.
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

Deleted
    Well I didn't cancel cancel, but I stopped paying.

You look like some angry kid with no life that gets hurt when people threaten a game he pours his entire life into. And again, if you could read, "And speaking for people who are angry." My original post didn't make any assumptions, it wasn't until you opened your uneducated presumptuous mouth that I made one. - I never had a problem with you thinking Cata and Wrath were worse.
    At the end of the day I'm not the one who made a thread in order to justify his actions in quitting masked behind yourself wanting to gather " statistics " Your previous posts have shown you to be a fool. WoW is a game and a game I've quit before when it got boring. I never took to the forums to try and start a hate convention unlike yourself.

You're the one hating on a game on internet forums not me. Now GTFO, get over yourself and move on already.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2012-12-09 at 11:58 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    id like to point out i stilll like and play this game.
    but i find hard to believe those 10 million active players to be truth. by the time that statement came out during this expansion, was also around the same time wowprogress reported that there only 900k unique accounts with lvl 90 chars. are we really suposed to believe that less the 10% of wow population hadnt reach lvl 90 on a character?.

If liking a game makes me a fanboy.
    What does it make someone that quit the game months ago and still obsesses about it?
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by siafu View Post
    id like to point out i stilll like and play this game.
    but i find hard to believe those 10 million active players to be truth. by the time that statement came out during this expansion, was also around the same time wowprogress reported that there only 900k unique accounts with lvl 90 chars. are we really suposed to believe that less the 10% of wow population hadnt reach lvl 90 on a character?.
    Well... I'll share this knowledge with you... I have a L25 guild thats been around for 2+ years and Wowprogress doesn't have any record of us, or of anyone IN my guild...

So, I'd say Wowprogress isn't exactly accurate on how many people are anything...

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanted proper statistics and not just some random users posting yes/no look at the official numbers. I still play but I could of voted "no" in the poll. Numbers are 10 milllion + as of the last report. That is all we know, and all you need to know right now.

Had to cancel my subscription but was due to a technical issues. Been having severe lag since October and I've never been able to get it resolved. Might get subbed again if I ever have a chance to change ISPs or the issue gets resolved somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrosislol View Post
    If liking a game makes me a fanboy.
    What does it make someone that quit the game months ago and still obsesses about it?
    Making a post once a month is obsessing?

Deleted
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    Go do some research on how statistics work in the first place, if you really think you have a valid representative based on a poll on this site, go reseach some more on how it works.
    The only valid statistic you get out of this is how many people on this particulair site that actually could be arsed to vote on your cliche poll did or did not cancel their sub.... bam... utterly biased result here.
    And this site only does not represent the whole wow community, there are reasons people come here but that reason would not be only for playing wow, and bam... utterly biased result here aswell.

If you had the numbers on how many of the wow community actually visited this site and from that number you have the number of people actively posting here (which im failry positive on that you don't have those) you might come remotely close to a decent representative....bam and again utterly biased results.

Now when you read this, try to come up with another argument on why you are making threads like this as statistics is clearly not the reason, if you remain with your argument I cannot conclude other then you must have less statistical education then my 4 year old son.
    No this is not an insult, but it could be a statistic.

Elsewhere you claim a poll like this on the general wow forums would come out on top. If you claim that to be, why for heavens sake dont you make a poll there as the results would be far less biased there.
    You could have the whole MMO champion community voting your poll and still your results would be far far from a valid number.
    And as bottomline, you're threadname just completely leans to trolling shitsteerer.

ps. I didnt vote your poll, but I do still play wow and i did read this thread (do i need to repeat myelf?...bam....)
    Last edited by mmoc128e560295; 2012-12-09 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    Well, I won't be renewing my subscription this month, unless some miracle happens.

Activision clearly spread its disease all throughout all of the blizzard products, even SC2 (If you've seen/played HoTS Multiplayer you'll know what I mean).

Everything has been homogenized, cut down, it's nothing but filler content. Dailies upon dailies, and when someone complains a blue will say "Oh you don't have to do them all" but if you want to compete, you have to do them every day... this is not hardcore, it's just lame filler grindy half assed content so that they don't have to put any actual work or money into the game. Don't even get me started on the LFR drop system that they want to implement on LFD... Artificial extension of gameplay does not = real content, that is the bottom line.

I went back to ffxi, at least the grind means something in that game, and when they make changes they are actually improving the game. Rift expansion also wasn't terrible, in fact I really think it's a better game overall. It's just hard to compete with the predecessor game that made it big, because they can retain their mindless zombie fanboys with no effort at all. Tera is also another option but the community is almost as bad as the LoL community. Raiderz looked good, may try it for a bit since it's f2p.

Deleted
    This thread will most likely be biased because most people that are on mmo champion play wow but I wanted to get some statistics on how the game is doing numbers wise. I'm not going to say what I put but I welcome people to post what they liked/ didn't like about this expansion and compare that to previous expansions.
    yeah a poll on MMO champ will definitely give you some reliable numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    At the end of the day I'm not the one who made a thread in order to justify his actions in quitting masked behind yourself wanting to gather " statistics " Your previous posts have shown you to be a fool. WoW is a game and a game I've quit before when it got boring. I never took to the forums to try and start a hate convention unlike yourself.

You're the one hating on a game on internet forums not me. Now GTFO over yourself and move on already.
    Funny, my original post hated on the game? Because to me it sounded completely neutral... My previous posts always deal with the same problems - Illogical fools like yourself who think they know everything. It's your choice to blind yourself to truth and see what you want to see. Plenty of people are perfectly happy doing so, they live in the nut house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IdowhatIwant View Post
    Activision clearly spread its disease all throughout all of the blizzard products, even SC2 (If you've seen/played HoTS Multiplayer you'll know what I mean).
    If you read the Reddit AMA thing Blizzard had a while back then no. They have meetings with Activision once or twice a year to tell them what they are doing and the direction they are taking with the game. That is it.