Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Long story short: amoc for dmg, BS for utility, LR is useless in its current
    Lynx or BS is fine for Lei Shi. I find aMoC clunky at best (we haven't tried heroic yet). I wish DBM would accurately show timers on Lei Shi
    Last edited by iggie; 2012-12-09 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    Yea but within those 30 secs you can use 2 LR's. Obviously just comparing total ability dmg, AMoC will be higher cuz it's a longer cd/duration.
    AMoC 30 secs = 177390 dmg according to your tests, LR 30 secs would be = 211720
    first: you cant use 2 LRs during one aMoC. LR is a 15sec dot, that gets applied during 4sec, that get extended by up to one tick à 3sec, ie it can go up to 22sec until it falls off.
    and the damage done per time the dot is ticking doesnt matter at all. your calculation is stupid. what matters is how often you can apply that damage.
    and that is (in my example) LR: 105860 all 1.5min => 1176dps. aMoC: 177390 all 2min => 1478dps. but this ignores other effects as readiness usage and the 60 focus cost differance

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    first: you cant use 2 LRs during one aMoC. LR is a 15sec dot, that gets applied during 4sec, that get extended by up to one tick à 3sec, ie it can go up to 22sec until it falls off.
    and the damage done per time the dot is ticking doesnt matter at all. your calculation is stupid. what matters is how often you can apply that damage.
    and that is (in my example) LR: 105860 all 1.5min => 1176dps. aMoC: 177390 all 2min => 1478dps. but this ignores other effects as readiness usage and the 60 focus cost differance
    i have never had LR do that little damage unless you are looking for parries on a target dummy...

pretty much every raid boss is large enough you do not get parries in a raid setting... in my gear LR does equal damage to AMoC without a focus cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    i have never had LR do that little damage unless you are looking for parries on a target dummy...

pretty much every raid boss is large enough you do not get parries in a raid setting... in my gear LR does equal damage to AMoC without a focus cost.
    as I mentioned, this assumeing all noncrits. selfbuffed. didn't have any parries. on buss dummy. try it out yourself
    (ignoring crits means devalueing LR slightyl, because it probably gets the 10% pet crit, otherwise both abilites should scale similarly with raidbuffs etc)

you are right, it was late, don't judge me. It does go up to 22 secs and within 30 secs assuming you refresh with 1 sec left, you'd be able to squeeze in three extra ticks.
    My LR does 149,701, adding in the three ticks, in 30 secs it will do 211,054. Whereas AMoC does 229,110. Ofcourse all non crits and self buffed.

But LR does have a much higher crit chance and by saving 60 focus you can get in 3 arcane shots or w/e you can fit within three globals.. which would more than make up for the 18k dmg difference.

That being said, in a single target fight where you're guaranteed to be able to get full durations of AMoC off, it will do more dmg overall. But if used LR right, they're both neck and neck. Whereas BS is fairly behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    you are right, it was late, don't judge me. It does go up to 22 secs and within 30 secs assuming you refresh with 1 sec left, you'd be able to squeeze in three extra ticks.
    My LR does 149,701, adding in the three ticks, in 30 secs it will do 211,054. Whereas AMoC does 229,110. Ofcourse all non crits and self buffed.
    sorry what are you trying to say with the "adding thre extra ticks" ? while testing, Lynx always hit for 7 times, once at 6 stacks, 6 times at 9 stacks in those ~21sec it takes. you can't just refresh it, it has 1.5min cooldown. are you talking about using it with readiness or what?

and don't forget, in the time you cast 3 arcane shots, which takes 3sec, the other guy using aMoC won't be idle, he will be using a cobra + a arcane in that time. (something like that)
    yes LR should have 10% more crit chance due to pet, if I'm not mistaking

Yes I am referring to the opening with readiness. And also once it comes off cd after 5 mins.

And yes ofcourse with AMoC you'd have to be casting a cobra shot. That's why all things considered they are both relatively equal in terms of damage. You should respec accordingly based on the fight, which is what I do anyways. I go BS even for Lei Shi cuz you can get almost 100% of those off whereas you will most definitely clip both LR and AMoC and have chunks of those dots go to waste.

But I mean, with Readiness, you can have 2 AMoC running for the first whole minute. And after 1 minute, you still have only those two LRs. Why wouldn't you compare that as opposed to comparing these abilities after 30 seconds, when the duration of AMoC is 30 seconds?

Crows is way better than Blink Strike, always has been. Even if you cant use Crows off cd everytime it comes up its still most likely better. My crows did 1.5million damage in the first minute of empress alone, at the end of the fight it totaled around 3.4million damage. Blink strike will never come that close. I remember back before the LR changes when i switched to crows i noticed a significant dps increase from the pre-nerfed LR to crows. Pre-nerfed LR was considered better than blink strike to begin with.

People just want something better than crows because of the 60 focus cost, which isnt a big deal at all. Its so easy if you pay attention and pool a little bit of focus before it comes off cd.
    Last edited by Agilent; 2012-12-11 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agilent View Post
    Crows is way better than Blink Strike, always has been. Even if you cant use Crows off cd everytime it comes up its still most likely better. My crows did 1.5million damage in the first minute of empress alone, at the end of the fight it totaled around 3.4million damage. Blink strike will never come that close. I remember back before the LR changes when i switched to crows i noticed a significant dps increase from the pre-nerfed LR to crows. Pre-nerfed LR was considered better than blink strike to begin with.

People just want something better than crows because of the 60 focus cost, which isnt a big deal at all. Its so easy if you pay attention and pool a little bit of focus before it comes off cd.
    Wouldn't make sense for any other ability to be better though. Long CD huge focus cost.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Wouldn't make sense for any other ability to be better though. Long CD huge focus cost.
    jap, defenetly does most direct damage. but the huge focus cost is a bit anoying. not as BM, there you can fire it off straight t the beginning of a BW for it to get 10 increased ticks and only 30 focus cost, but as SV I find it hugely anoying. especially at the beginning of the fight with readyness, you just don't have the focus for all the stuff you want to fire off fast. overall dps lnyx doesn't seem to be far behind aMoC.
    blink strike is also slightly behind, but thats obvious. istant free damage that teleports your pet to target, and aslo doing the most dmg? then there would be no choice whatsoever in that tier. it's okey as it is, the spells are quite balanced

Yeah I would love for Blink Strike to be on top since it's a really fun ability. Hunters have very few buttons that are instantly gratifying to press, and Blink Strike is one of them. Sadly, sustained numbers just don't support it. It has some burst/target switching usage, but most of the time you're just better off with AMoC.

I am actually able to get my lynx rush to do similar numbers to AMoC when I'm watching my trinkets, but I think it actually takes more attention and no small bit of luck to stack it with trinket procs than to just eat the 60 focus for Crows.

I've done testing with Lynx Rush and I'll post my results again here for anyone interested. The Lynx Rush DoT uses your stats at the moment that the final stack of Lynx Rush is applied for the entire duration. That is, if you have both trinkets proccing agility when the final Lynx Rush stack goes up, it does that damage for the entire 15 seconds without adjusting further to your stats from that point, and the very best time to use lynx rush is right BEFORE BW while both trinkets are going to be active for more than 4 seconds, since you need to plan a bit ahead to make sure trinkets are still going when that last stack applies. It's not something you can always take advantage of though, since with Relic of Xuen especially you can cost yourself a Lynx Rush usage waiting for it to proc every time. With luck, though, Lynx Rush can potentially benefit more from your trinkets than AMoC, although you know AmoC will always benefit somewhat from them due to it's dynamic scaling.
    Last edited by Osmin; 2012-12-11 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTrueM4gg0t View Post
    jap, defenetly does most direct damage. but the huge focus cost is a bit anoying. not as BM, there you can fire it off straight t the beginning of a BW for it to get 10 increased ticks and only 30 focus cost, but as SV I find it hugely anoying. especially at the beginning of the fight with readyness, you just don't have the focus for all the stuff you want to fire off fast. overall dps lnyx doesn't seem to be far behind aMoC.
    blink strike is also slightly behind, but thats obvious. istant free damage that teleports your pet to target, and aslo doing the most dmg? then there would be no choice whatsoever in that tier. it's okey as it is, the spells are quite balanced
    With the 4 piece everything falls right into place in regards to using BW to halve the focus cost, so that's a plus. Also with the 4 piece your whole first AMoC is under the damage buff of your BW too. It's pretty good and when I'm using it at the beginning it's my top damaging ability for some time.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=9315&e=9842

If you want to look at the AMoC thing. That's my most recent parse that I ranked 24 BM hunter on without the attack speed buff up except from stampede in the beginning and end. That fight I actually got to use the AMoC execute mechanic XD.

More specifically here is the time range that it is top for:

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/k...?s=9315&e=9350
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2012-12-11 at 03:59 PM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart