Thread: Star Fox

10+ Year Old Account

Star Fox

We all know that Star Fox 64 (AKA Lylat Wars in PAL version) was an amazing game for it's time and even actually now I still enjoy it. We also know that Starfox Adventures was hated on by many (loved by some) for not being a Star Fox game. That's where I disagree, Star Fox Adventures wasn't a horrible game, other than the voice acting at certain points. It may feel more like a Zelda game sometimes but in all honesty it's still a Star Fox game whether you believe it or not. Granted you could pull the argument that Banjo Kazooie has too but Nut's N Bolts was horrible regardless, you can't tell me otherwise.

Star Fox Assault came into the picture and was applauded for the flying levels or vehicle levels but disregarded for infantry parts, I can't answer for the infantry sections of the game because it's been awhile since I've played it. I do have one major question, is Star Fox Assault better than Star Fox 64 in terms of vehicle levels?
    Hey everyone

Star Fox 64 = best Star Fox. That is all.

The level design in 64 was just about perfect, regardless of the vehicle in use. I still don't understand why they didn't remake Star Fox 2 for the N64, or Wii or anything.

I'm still bugged that the Star Fox : Shadows Of Lylat fan-made PC game died a death.

Seriously. I would kickstart the shit out of a full version of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Star Fox 64 = best Star Fox. That is all.

The level design in 64 was just about perfect, regardless of the vehicle in use. I still don't understand why they didn't remake Star Fox 2 for the N64, or Wii or anything.

I'm still bugged that the Star Fox : Shadows Of Lylat fan-made PC game died a death.

Seriously. I would kickstart the shit out of a full version of it.
    It's a weird franchise in terms of longevity. I honestly think it's a pretty hard game to keep going if it's just Arwing this Arwing that.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    In my eyes the snes version was equally as good as the n64 version, hopefully in the future they will return to the series properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    It's a weird franchise in terms of longevity. I honestly think it's a pretty hard game to keep going if it's just Arwing this Arwing that.
    Star Fox 64 also included the Landmaster tank and the Blue Marine sub. Assault had the right idea in switching back and forth between tank and jet, but the infantry sections are just pointless when compared to the 3rd person shooters that had been evolving since GTA 3's release just before Star Fox Adventure.

Nintendo saw the 3rd person shooter sections as a way to grab a larger audience, but didn't invest enough time or effort in seeing how their competitors were making games at that point in time.

Deleted
    Can't comment on Star Fox Assault, but my major beef with Adventures was the combat system. Whacking Tricky with the stick was gratifying enough for me if I started finding his dialogue irritating!
    Last edited by mmoc2f7dfebfb1; 2012-12-11 at 07:39 PM. Reason: grammar *and spelling :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I love both 64 and Adventures(replaying adventures on an emulator atm actually) but I don't think you can really compare the two b/c other than the few rail shooting segments in adventures, it's not anything like 64. B/c of this, I can think of adventures as a good game rather than comparing it to 64 and going I WISH IT WAS LIKE THAT. I really wish they'd expand on the way Adventures was though b/c I feel like they could take it places that could extend Starfox's life with Nintendo. There's only so many times you can rail shoot something in space before you get bored of it :\ (that or make a more open version of the space combat, like all-range mode segments but on a much grander scale /shrug)

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    I love both 64 and Adventures(replaying adventures on an emulator atm actually) but I don't think you can really compare the two b/c other than the few rail shooting segments in adventures, it's not anything like 64. B/c of this, I can think of adventures as a good game rather than comparing it to 64 and going I WISH IT WAS LIKE THAT. I really wish they'd expand on the way Adventures was though b/c I feel like they could take it places that could extend Starfox's life with Nintendo. There's only so many times you can rail shoot something in space before you get bored of it :\ (that or make a more open version of the space combat, like all-range mode segments but on a much grander scale /shrug)
    Open world Star Fox? That would be interesting to say the least, have different areas and planets to go too. I think it could be a huge success if marketed correctly.
    Hey everyone