Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    "Best New Male Artist" went to Busker Busker; I know that they were big over there but they were up against EXO and B.A.P, both of which are much bigger (and better).
    Well Busker Busker did something different, they were the first indieband to truly go mainstream in the korean music scene. Which is a great achievement for them and indiemusic. Even thou I did like EXO better.

"Best Global Group - Male/Female" went to Super Junior and KARA respectively. Kara is big in Japan, but international? not really.. Super Junior was up against Big Bang, which has a global tour right now.. how they could win against them is beyond me.
    Super Junior winning anything is just silly fans, Big Bang should've got that, + Kara didn't really have any large competition on the global scene

"Album of the Year" went to Super Junior. I'll just leave this blank because I don't even know what to say.
    Super Junior, they're just being feeded by the fans.

"Song of the Year" went to Psy which again I don't understand, because it got famous because of his dancing, not the actual song.
    But.. Psy did have song of the year, there is nothing to say against that. Even thou the dance and music video made up for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dedicated fan in me is really sad about the negativity towards Super Junior. I thought their latest album was great, but, seeing how I keep little track of others work I couldn't possibly have voted unbiased. Not that I did vote. Don't even know if I could, that's how much I know about music awards in Asia..

Just out of curiousity, who do you guys think should've received the "Album of the Year" award?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it didn't even cross my mind that mini albums counts, not sure why. :s I'd give the award to Electric Shock without the slightest hesitation. Every single song on that album is really good, with Let's Try and Beautiful Stranger being amazing.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Beautiful stranger was my favourite from electric shock. Were mini albums even competing though? Seems like they should be two separate awards really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda hope they weren't competing against mini albums. It's far easier to have a great mini album than a great full album. If Electric shock had been a full album I might be saying "It was good but I only liked half the songs on it" or something. You'd disagree but I loved quite a lot of songs on SuJus new albums, not all but a few. Enough to fill a mini album with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree, Dal Shabets album was better than Super Juniors, but they have less fans

Though maybe also part of the problem with Dal Shabets album is that half the songs on it were already released prior to the album.

One thing I love about Super Junior though is their live performances, specifically the intro to them.

2012 One seems to have been removed

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to watch this year's MAMA but I couldn't find an official subbed version on their website so I just watched the performances, and Super Junior's was in there.

Here it is! I just get a bit disappointed that suju/exo/shinee all lip synced while other performers like Big Bang and even Sistar sang live, although Sistar sang alongside the playback, but they still sang! You could hear some SJ members but they were very low, like they were mumbling their lines. :/

Seems like Kara is getting it's own 5 ep long anime
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Honestly I have no idea. They didn't announce any nominees so it's impossible to know which ones they were competing against :c
    Actually they did announce the competition, and yes, Mini's are in for albums. Big Bang was nominated for Alive, which was their mini, and totally honest, that should've won.

EDIT: Anyway, what annoyed me the most is "Best Rap Performance". Yes I know.. Epik High they WERE great, what they came out with this year isn't rap, and it has nothing on Leessang nor Verbal Jint...
    Last edited by Grimsolution; 2012-12-04 at 05:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello Venus 2nd Mini Album teaser out! Weeeeeeeeee! So excited, definitely one of my favorite Rookie groups of this year. I lvoed "Like a Wave," hope they can pull it off again like Spica did with Lonely.

10+ Year Old Account
    After listening to all of Karas solo songs, I liked them in this order Sungyeon>Jiyoung>Gyuri (Or Kyuree, not sure anymore given the youtube title)>Hara>Nicole.
    Was really surprised at how good Sungyeons was tbh.

Jiyoung
    Gyuri
    Hara
    Nicole

Guilty was my favorite as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very new to K-pop and it's only been recently that Ana and Meari has introduced me to something other than SNSD, but I'm absolutely obsessed with these two songs:

Am I the only one who's in love with T-ara and more specifically, these two songs?

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meari loves them too
    To me they're good but not as WOW as Meari is about them.

Also just found this, did not know this existed o.o

Sounds like a pretty decent song.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the 2 T-ara MV, omg my eyes, why do they have to change camera angle so often in Day by Day... The songs are nice, but too slow for my taste. I prefer Bo Beep Bo Beep and Roly Poly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been loving this lately. A-Pink is just my guilty little pleasure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh never heard that A-Pink song before. Only heard the ones on their albums
    It's good!

I agree Kagdar. Lovey Dovey and Sexy love are their two best recent songs imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagdar View Post
    Watching the 2 T-ara MV, omg my eyes, why do they have to change camera angle so often in Day by Day... The songs are nice, but too slow for my taste. I prefer Bo Beep Bo Beep and Roly Poly.
    Yeah, there amount of camera changes in that makes me nauseous, but I still love the song.

\0/ Hooray Meari!

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

So i was digging through my favorites on youtube and i found this.