863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it funny posts like this build up so fast, Like Moontalon on the first page said. People will continue to make these posts forever.

I personally don't understand why these posts or polls need to me be made all the time, its like people or haters a like or such are looking for some type of justification that an online game is doing a bad, when the said game is still doing pretty dam good & healthy for 8 years old and it wont be going down anytime soon.

We all know these type of threads bring in the crowd trying to start some revolution or something like what happened with other mmos that died out & were abondoned, because they had a very small faithful behind them after release.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2012-12-10 at 05:12 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Because doing doilies gives your character a gear advantage. Any serious raider will do them.

If you try and argue the 45/week are optional, you will also need to argue that gemming/enchanting your gear and choosing talents/specializations are optional.
    How is this bad? I want to have additional avenues to improve my character. If there's better gear behind dailies, I will do dailies until I get better gear. If LFR gives me upgrades and VP, I will continue to do LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    How is this bad? I want to have additional avenues to improve my character. If there's better gear behind dailies, I will do dailies until I get better gear. If LFR gives me upgrades and VP, I will continue to do LFR.
    I know right? I guess people want their gear nearly instantly or with little effort. If that was to happen, then we'll be stuck back doing nothing but sitting in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, which Cata did very well with. Besides, we're still on our first tier and there's plenty of time before the next one comes out. So by the time the next tier comes out, we'll probably be gear out anyways.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

Because doing doilies gives your character a gear advantage. Any serious raider will do them.

If you try and argue the 45/week are optional, you will also need to argue that gemming/enchanting your gear and choosing talents/specializations are optional.
    16/16 Normal, 6/16 Heroic and I don't do them, aside from Dominance Offensive but that's for the Lore Questline.

I've gotten geared just fine.

We raid 2-3 times a week on 25 man.

Not even Hardcore.

Maybe you just need to be better at the game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverStop View Post
    Two reasons:

1) Dailies will continue to provide upgrades until you are in 100% BiS gear. You will have to do them every single week until you are geared out; there is no outgrowing dailies, like there is for LFR.
    2) There is no alternative method to getting charms, only dailies. Dailies are well liked by some, but also some of the most hated things in the game, as evident by all the threads, as well as chat in game.

Basically forcing dailies is making WoW feel more like a chore than a game for some people.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 06:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    16/16 Normal, 6/16 Heroic and I don't do them, aside from Dominance Offensive but that's for the Lore Questline.

I've gotten geared just fine.

We raid 2-3 times a week on 25 man.

Not even Hardcore.

Maybe you just need to be better at the game?
    You could do the same thing with no gems or enchants. What's your point?

By the way, I am also 6/16 heroic, if that's supposed to prove anything.

Time for the question again. If you're not subscribed but posting to the WoW-specific sections of this forum, what's your deal? Like, are we talking "I have opinions about something through I haven't actually experienced it myself" or "I just talk about things in general and not claiming to have an up-to-date experience on the game."

Specifically, what baffles me is when people complain about the dailies after saying "I unsubscribed within a month because I don't like dailies" but then continue critiquing the expansion without so much as stepping foot into Heart of Fear or unlocking SP/AC (Much less being there for 5.1) or leveling a Monk.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Time for the question again. If you're not subscribed but posting to the WoW-specific sections of this forum, what's your deal? Like, are we talking "I have opinions about something through I haven't actually experienced it myself" or "I just talk about things in general and not claiming to have an up-to-date experience on the game."

Specifically, what baffles me is when people complain about the dailies after saying "I unsubscribed within a month because I don't like dailies" but then continue critiquing the expansion without so much as stepping foot into Heart of Fear or unlocking SP/AC (Much less being there for 5.1) or leveling a Monk.
    I am still playing WoW. I think the raids were very well done this tier, and I will probably be sticking around the entire expansion as long as they continue to be this high of quality. I just feel that some things (the focus on dailies and world PvP) could use some big adjustments.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and serious raider means something like the top 5-10%. All others are not serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cancelled subscription. the value of mob drops (in terms of vendor trash) from 1-60 being lowered to mere copper a lot of times and the value of mob drops (again in terms of vendor trash) being less than that of the two previous tiers of mobs I felt like was a huge underhanded slap in the face. combined with the loss of income from crz and the fact that I'd be forced into more situations where I'd meet unsavory people because of crz was just too much for me to cough up 15 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Yes, and serious raider means something like the top 5-10%. All others are not serious.
    Serious and good are not the same thing. There are actually a lot of average players that go about things seriously.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    Cancelled subscription. the value of mob drops (in terms of vendor trash) from 1-60 being lowered to mere copper a lot of times and the value of mob drops (again in terms of vendor trash) being less than that of the two previous tiers of mobs I felt like was a huge underhanded slap in the face.
    I never heard about anyone caring about mob drops, really. Got to be the dumbest reason to cancel.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 07:20 AM ----------

Serious and good are not the same thing. There are actually a lot of average players that go about things seriously.
    Maybe... but you still cannot compare gemming/speccing and grinding dailies for months. The effort vs gain ratio is magnitudes lower in the case of dailies. That's why dailies are optional for the average player and gemming/speccing aren't.
    Last edited by Zka; 2012-12-10 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Maybe... but you still cannot compare gemming/speccing and grinding dailies for months. The effort vs gain ratio is magnitudes lower in the case of dailies. That's why dailies are optional for the average player and gemming/speccing aren't.
    To fully gem/enchant your gear it will take a couple thousand gold. To the average player, that isn't a trivial amount. I'm constantly surprised by the amount of people who still have sub 5k gold.

You are right about speccing, though.

I don't play anymore and my sub is paid out for a few more months, actually well into 2013. I just don't like the game anymore. I would play again if they changed the reputation system from a daily thing to something else. So I keep an eye out here on mmo-c

A advantage that not necessary to progress. Serious raiders will want a advantage, thus you must earn that advantage. Gemming/enchanting yields smaller rewards so the cost is smaller, usually farming materials or straight up buying them from other players or having guild-mates/alts that make them for you. Talents & specialization have a much bigger impact on your characters abilities than gear. Dps'ing as a Prot Warrior will have nowhere near as much performance as a Arms Warrior in Dps gear. The same could be said for a Arms Warrior trying to use tank gear to tank and being out-performed by a Prot Warrior with a lower itemlevel.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Quote Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
    If you by some stretch of the imagination got 1000 people to contribute to your poll, you would still have 1/100 of 1% of WoW's current subscriber base. Anecdotal evidence at best.
    ^-- Does not understand how statistics work.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I never heard about anyone caring about mob drops, really. Got to be the dumbest reason to cancel." your english being as terrible as it is, my taking your opinion seriously would have to be among the dumbest things i could ever do.

No matter how many threads the OP creates like this and no matter how many post in this thread, it has ZERO relevance to WoW player populations.

99.9999% of active WoW players play instead of post on meaningless website discussions.

The only ones left here stranded on a forum are the WoW bored ones.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-12-10 at 07:32 AM.

Cancelled and may come back on 5.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Love it. When they announced "Mists of Pandaria" for the new expac, I hated it. I hated the thought of Pandaren, Pandaria, new talents, pet battles, and all of that doom and gloom. Now, I'm having a blast.

My thoughts exactly.

Kung Fu Panda? April Fools joke race? Pokemon?

That was my train of thought when they announced MoP. Instead now its...

Loving the story lines (Some real "dark" humor thrown in there, that's made me chuckle more than a few times) Pet Battles are truly going to destroy my life as I can't stop playing/collecting, and I'm actually enjoying leveling for once! MoP is great!!

Why in the world would somebody who IS STILL PLAYING WOW, open a thread called "Cancelled subscription?"?

Also, if you are one of the people saying "If there's enough votes than it's representative of the population - it's how statistics work!", please don't ever cite your knowlefge of statistics again. (yes it's true that a RANDOM SAMPLE will produce a range of results that are indicative of the actual population. What you have here is not random, and is an extremely poor sample)