863. This poll is closed
  • I cancelled my subscription

288 33.37%
  • I'm still playing

575 66.63%
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Why is it that when someone unsubs they feel the need to announce it to the world?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Why is it that when someone unsubs they feel the need to announce it to the world?
    because there addicted and need confirmation that there doing the right thing. same reason some drug addicts cant quit on their own O-O
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjohnburger View Post
    Statistics, if enough people vote, are representative of a whole. "the game is wonderful" is your opinion. If anything a website like this will be biased towards people still playing. The fact that ~35% of people in this thread already unsubbed isn't looking good for you. Answer the thread or don't post at all next time. I don't want complainers.
    Shut up and stop polluting the forums with your whiny garbage.

Move on. Play something else. Leave those of us who enjoy the game alone.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

If somebody hasn't said it yet, we won't get new updates on Subscription numbers until the next Activision conference call in early February.

MoP's subs rose to 10 mil, but they were sneaky (as predicted) and released the expansion 1 week before the quarter ended.

I just read OP's post history.

Your boredom is obvious. Go find something productive to do - like play WoW!

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Depends on how they announce it.

For me, when I quit, it was a detailed review giving exaclty what I liked and didn't like and what I thought needed improving. I gave mine as a means of providing feedback, hoping that (if enough people said the same thing) that one day that Blizz would change their game around to bring me back. And it did for me... I hated Cataclysm with a passion... and came back in 4.3 when they started changing/fixing MANY aspects I hated about Cata (search my forum history for reasons... don't want to derail this thread). And as much as I love the gameplay details of Pandaria, I had to quit as CRZ changed a fundamental aspect of my game that I love (No, I don't play on PVP servers... those that do play on PVP servers deserve what they got. :P)

For others... as pointed out above in other responses - it's just a moment of rage/pendulum swinging to make one feel self-empowered. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I just cancelled it, seen it all already, got all exalted, cleared raids few time on normal > 1st and 2nd profs leveled and did few pokemon stuff wich i dont like.

Ill be back i know for sure, but just bought Borderlands 2 with a few friends, gonna have some fun there first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Because doing doilies gives your character a gear advantage. Any serious raider will do them.

If you try and argue the 45/week are optional, you will also need to argue that gemming/enchanting your gear and choosing talents/specializations are optional.
    This is a complete joke. "Serious" raiders are complaining that they have to do 20 minutes of questing a day to remain competitive?

I'm sorry, but "serious" raiders re-level entire professions and use holiday buffs, just to gain a tiny edge. They have stables of alts just for practicing encounters.

Reading whining over dailies seriously makes my jaw drop. What game do you people think you're playing? Guess what, I despise leveling professions, yet I do it on all my characters, as do you.

Daily quests and reputation are a part of PvE progression, just like they have always been. They've been made slightly more meaningful, but they have always been a way to get a gear advantage.

Wrath babies crying for rep tabards are itching to turn this game back into the "sit in trade waiting for LFD queue" glorified chatroom it had become. No thanks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 09:16 AM ----------

CRZ changed a fundamental aspect of my game that I love
    Please elaborate. I don't understand how CRZ has changed anything except made leveling zones feel like they did back in BC, instead of vast, empty single player levels.
    When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Please elaborate. I don't understand how CRZ has changed anything except made leveling zones feel like they did back in BC, instead of vast, empty single player levels.
    That's a matter of opinion (in fact, you're the FIRST person I heard saying "it brought it back to BC levels"...it doesn't feel like anything like BC at all to me) to me, they feel less fun and less alive (perpetually filled with lots of random greedy players that are not part of any server community =/= "alive" in my book. It's like launch day, every single day... with no community or cooperation.)

I don't need to elaborate as this topic has been done to death on several several SEVERAL threads over the past 3 months. If you haven't opened your ears to those comments by now, then you probably won't listen to a word I say in response - will you? :P

And, as I said with Cata, I do not wish to derail this thread into yet ANOTHER Anti/pro CRZ thread. If you want my opinion, go read my posts made in other CRZ topical threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Kung Fu Panda? April Fools joke race? Pokemon?

That was my train of thought when they announced MoP. Instead now its...

Loving the story lines (Some real "dark" humor thrown in there, that's made me chuckle more than a few times) Pet Battles are truly going to destroy my life as I can't stop playing/collecting, and I'm actually enjoying leveling for once! MoP is great!!
    That's the thing for me, WoW used to have the perfect mix of dark gameplay with cartoonish graphics but epic country sides. I didn't have a problem with pandas being the new race but when they announced pet battles I was pretty disappointed because the game should specialize in what they are good at, epic content. If I wanted to battle pets I'd play pokemon because thats what they specialize in. So much time was spent on pet battles that, I believe, it took away from the game.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    If you read the Reddit AMA thing Blizzard had a while back then no. They have meetings with Activision once or twice a year to tell them what they are doing and the direction they are taking with the game. That is it.
    I feel really sorry for you if you really believe that, especially in the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    I just read OP's post history.

Your boredom is obvious. Go find something productive to do - like play WoW!
    Lol, I'm more productive in a day then you'll be your entire life. Why do you stalk peoples profiles, really weird. Like I've said before, answer the post or leave hypocrite.

I quit around mid cata because of the catering to the casuals and the game becoming so easy, but was planning on coming back for MoP to play with 1 of my friends who says it is decent.

If I can read enough good things about MoP I will probably reactivate for winter break this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    Shut up and stop polluting the forums with your whiny garbage.

Move on. Play something else. Leave those of us who enjoy the game alone.
    Why do you feel the need to post on here if it's garbage? Normal people would just pass it by if they didn't think it was interesting, you don't have to click it unless but I know you're angry at life. Piss off.

I had canceled previously but now with 5.1 I am back to see if it suits my playstyle.
    If not, then I'm gone again... wait for more changes to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    Why in the world would somebody who IS STILL PLAYING WOW, open a thread called "Cancelled subscription?"?

Also, if you are one of the people saying "If there's enough votes than it's representative of the population - it's how statistics work!", please don't ever cite your knowlefge of statistics again. (yes it's true that a RANDOM SAMPLE will produce a range of results that are indicative of the actual population. What you have here is not random, and is an extremely poor sample)
    Nice misquote, I understand you have to forge peoples thoughts to come up with a counter argument because your incapable of thought - pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still playing, still hating pandas, pokemons and Valley of the four winds.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    dude why do you keep looking at her facebook she has a new boyfriend move on "IM NOT OBSESSED IM JUST CHECKING UP ON HER OKAIII"
    uh? Don't know what to say to that other than do try not to put your strange obsessions onto other people, contrary to what you may think a lot of us here are normal people who prefer not to stalk people like a psychopath. Don't read Catcher in the Rye!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, I'm more productive in a day then you'll be your entire life. Why do you stalk peoples profiles, really weird. Like I've said before, answer the post or leave hypocrite.
    Respectfully, insulting people that disagree with you isn't the way to get them to change their mind, in fact, its more likely to get them to dig into their position.

and hyperbole like 'I'm more productive in a day then you'll be in your entire life' is flat out an over-inflated, easily exposed, lie.

The best way to get folks to at least give you a fair hearing of your multiple polls and threads is to be honest, and you seem to have a problem with that idea.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

pressing 3 buttons=/=stalking