Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Your moment of shame...

Okay im going to be honest i like reading other peoples secrets and unfortunate/embarrassing tales. I think this post will be fun, if its allowed.
    So here it goes post the most darkest "you cannot go back" feeling (physiological) you've had in your life. Your deepest darkest moment of embarrassment that still makes your face fringe when you think about it. haha

It was around this time last year i was at a Christmas party and we had a gift exchange. Everyone brought gifts, we would then draw numbers for orders to pick the presents. The year before i brought a huge sword (Lord of the Rings). Everyone laughed and thought it was creative or whatever and wanted it...

At the time i didnt know what to get and so i was rushed. Before the party i went to a store and bought these weird Vietnamese movies. I then found some Vietnam war movies at my house (full metal jacket, platoon, invisible men), wrapped them with the others. It was a stupid joke, unfortunately i realized this right when i handed it out, there was no turning back!!!... 0.0) 0.0) 0.0) <---people staring.
    (I work with abunch of Asians)

This year i think im going to be bring some candles or pocket knife..
    One of my darkest moments... being that "weird guy". lol

Deleted
    Oh my god OP. I laughed so hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shame? Well... That would be a hard one to narrow down. At least the ones that couldn't be used as evidence against me in a court of law of course. Oh, I got an oldie but goodie. I'm fifteen and had switched to spending the school year with my father and summers with my mother. He had made some alternative lifestyle choices so I was being "exposed" to new things, if you will. Had a girl I didn't know well invite me to her birthday party. Thought nothing about buying her a joke card at the time. It wasn't until I noticed her parents were reading the cards too that I thought I might be in trouble. Man her dad looked pissed and her mother looked downright mortified.

Memo to self... Fifteen is a bit too young to expect her parents to like a card saying, "I was going to buy you a vibrator for your birthday, but I was afraid you would chip your teeth on it."
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Well I fell from stares in front of crowd when I was young...I still remember the embarrassment I felt, if that counts.

I know, I know... not an interesting story.

When I was a bout 27 I decided I was going to get really into skateboarding. Yeah, didn't work out so well.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

15+ Year Old Account
    One time I took a standardized test and bursted out laughing but then quickly stopped. Everyone looked up from their test and looked around the room, I pretended that it is not me who laughed. Then after the test was over with my friend asked me why I laughed and I told him that they had the most stupidest answers on one of the questions it read to me like this in my head:
    A) Correct answer
    B) Stupidest answer they had
    C) WTF answer
    D) Why the hell are you still reading?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Flashing my breasts to people I was at a party with, when I was 15, I was pretty drunk.. it was a subject people talked about for quite the time, wasn't so bad when I just done it but the following weeks were.

I was 16, roughhousing with my little brother (he was 12) throwing seat cushions at each other from across the room and thanks to some wide misses on his part, I came down to one left within arm's reach. Not wanting to run out of ammo, I charged, which I guess caught him off guard. I got him flush on the chin with a seat cushion uppercut and knocked him off his feet. He staggered backwards and lost his feet and I felt awesome for a split second until he slammed the back of his head into the door frame pretty hard as he fell down and started crying. He yelled something at me that was angry but I couldn't make it out then ran upstairs to tell our mother. She couldn't make him out either, turns out he couldn't speak properly. He found a piece of paper and wrote "he hurt my brain" on it to explain to mom what had happened. She rushed him off to the hospital where they treated him for a concussion.

I was terrified he had been seriously hurt and the two hours or so they were at the hospital were pure anguish for me, feeling like a monster and hoping and praying he was ok. Turns out he's made of pretty tough stuff and was over all the ill effects in a couple hours and hasn't had any trouble with it since, much to my relief. I was grounded for a good long time but I have never felt shame, regret, and self loathing before or since to the degree I did after giving my brother a concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaketh the truth View Post
    I was in Washington D.C., on the morning show, by the time I was 18, programming a station by 19, number one in the mornings. I think I was making, I don't know, a quarter of a million dollars by the time I was 25. It does not have to be that the greatest generation is behind us. It does not have to be that our children will have a lower standard of living. It will be that way if we choose to believe that. I choose not to believe that.

I'm a dad, and I no longer see a way for my kids to even inherit the money that I'm making, let alone go out there, have an idea, and create it in their own lifetime. That is one of my moment's of shame - when I realized that truth.

One final moment of shame did not even occur to me at the time, but looking back on it - it was certainly shameful. I am the whitest guy you will ever meet. The first time I saw an African-American, my dad had to tell me to stop staring.
    I call BS shinanigans!
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Running in from the outfield to the dugout in outdoor rec. as a senior in high school, I tripped over the pitchers mound and slid on my face for a good 5 feet in front of 30 or so of my classmates, including the girl I was interested in at the time. I laughed it off and turned it around to make me look like a goof instead of like the uncoordinated wimp that I am.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Okay im going to be honest i like reading other peoples secrets and unfortunate/embarrassing tales. I think this post will be fun, if its allowed.
    So here it goes post the most darkest "you cannot go back" feeling (physiological) you've had in your life. Your deepest darkest moment of embarrassment that still makes your face fringe when you think about it. haha

It was around this time last year i was at a Christmas party and we had a gift exchange. Everyone brought gifts, we would then draw numbers for orders to pick the presents. The year before i brought a huge sword (Lord of the Rings). Everyone laughed and thought it was creative or whatever and wanted it...

At the time i didnt know what to get and so i was rushed. Before the party i went to a store and bought these weird Vietnamese movies. I then found some Vietnam war movies at my house (full metal jacket, platoon, invisible men), wrapped them with the others. It was a stupid joke, unfortunately i realized this right when i handed it out, there was no turning back!!!... 0.0) 0.0) 0.0) <---people staring.
    (I work with abunch of Asians)

This year i think im going to be bring some candles or pocket knife..
    One of my darkest moments... being that "weird guy". lol
    That reminds me of the first year I worked for the restaurant I worked at about 9 years ago. We were doing a company Xmas party at the owner's house, and there was to be a White Elephant Exchange. I talked to my boss, a woman named Sandy, who had been working for the company for like 8 years at that point, and asked her if it would be funny or just completely inappropriate for me to bring a gag gift of flavored condoms. She thought it was hilarious so I did. Somehow, the person who ended up choosing my gift was a 14 year old girl, the daughter of one of the employees who had been brought to the event. God, that was bad...
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Broke a kids arm because I was drunk and jumping around in a bouncy castle. Felt real bad about that

10+ Year Old Account
    I have way too mnay to name I am pretty bright person but I have so mnay dumb moments too... something to do with my selective hearing I guess lol.

Probably while I was working as a landscaper around an estate, I was joking around with one of my co-workers and mime-humping a lion statue next to the pool and the owners walked down the steps onto the pool deck. I didn't get fired but... don't think my face has ever been redder.

10+ Year Old Account
    I once threw my 9 year old cousin into a ceiling fan by mistake, breaking the fan and bloodying up her head. I was 28 years old at the time and felt absolutely horrible, she initially broke out into tears, but suppressed them intentionally within 3 seconds saying she was fine. When I took her to her father to show her head wound, he freaked out, and she was immediately defending me, which in some ways made me feel even worse. I think in some ways it hurt me more than it did her.

10+ Year Old Account
    My worst moment would have to be elementary school on the playground. I was in 6th grade so kids were pretty much dicks to all the other kids except t heir friends and such. This one girl kept asking me if I shaved my legs and I literally kept telling her to fuck off(I didn't get much hair on my legs until 7-8th grade). Well one time, she came up and asked me what type of shaving cream I used, and without noticing the teacher nearby I responded "the same type your mom uses, she recommended it to me after last night"
    Boy that was an interesting discussion with the Principal and my parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LolretKJ View Post
    My worst moment would have to be elementary school on the playground. I was in 6th grade so kids were pretty much dicks to all the other kids except t heir friends and such. This one girl kept asking me if I shaved my legs and I literally kept telling her to fuck off(I didn't get much hair on my legs until 7-8th grade). Well one time, she came up and asked me what type of shaving cream I used, and without noticing the teacher nearby I responded "the same type your mom uses, she recommended it to me after last night"
    Boy that was an interesting discussion with the Principal and my parents.
    If I were your parents, I'd probably be congratulating you on a line well-delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going commando in ripped pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I call BS shinanigans!
    Yeah I'm with you. Basically he is ashamed that he is such a wealthy bad ass that his kids won't be able to follow in his bad assedry. THE SHAME!
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Some things should never come out of ur mouth...such things that haunt you and since then you have regretted everyday of ur life.....i told my grandmother who was sick and on her death bed..not to die before i graduated high school..to this day i regret ever saying that...however as i lived my adult life i think back even more...my mother also past away while i was in school...i was so bad off that i took therapy for 3 years and ha to quit school...to make it worst? i had a roomate who hated his parents ad the other 1 who was clueless on other peoples feelings..
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013