Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

People with bad equip, no gems and enchants.

Call me a bad person but I absolutlely dislike those. Yes I know that everyone had to start at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like having them around, especially not if they mak up 2/3 or even 3/4 of my team and thus I know I might aswell throw the towel because a victory simply isn't going to happen.

Just to top it all off, these people are mostly the worst flamers, don't even try to actually contribute and often are afk/don't do a damn. To me they're parasites leeching of the people who actually do want to play the game so they can get free items. And at what point the expansion is seems to be of no importance, these people with level gear, Cataclysm first season PvP blues with no gems/enchants and other people similar to them simply don't seem to go away, ever.

I do understand that everyone has to start at some point. But there's 350 PvP stuff dirt cheap right from the auction house, the small gems costs 1-5 gold at most and most enchants are just as inexpensive. Yet these people can't even bother to spend such a tiny effort into upgrading their character. Maybe I'm superficial but showing so little concern about their characters possible performance and ways to increase it even though they're so easily available is merely more proof to me that these people are in fact horrible players who can't be bothered to do anything whatsoever right.

I in all honesty loath these people to no end and I'm constantly asking myself. "WHY ARE THEY EVEN PLAYING?!". Because as soon as they leeched their blue honor gear they seem to go inactive on that character and switch onto the other whom they level by leeching battleground weekends and then go through the same process of actively harming their side by leeching items for that character aswell and so on and on...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    the small gems costs 1-5 gold at most
    I could never understand how someone would go around without any gems with these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    "WHY ARE THEY EVEN PLAYING?!"
    I often myself wonder the exact same thing.

This is not just PvP problem, PvE is full of them too.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I'm more bothered if they're Players are Bots. If they show some initiative,work as team and are able to call out incomings and such, I don't really care whether they are enchanted and gemmed for now. If they're in some Contender's or Dreadful gear I won't complain much, it's those with Cataclysmic PvP Gear on or less than 300k Health that annoy me mainly.

I've been in a fair few random BGs and the group, despite being outgeared by the opposing team, has worked together and won.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Even wearing a green with no gem in it just makes me feel so... butt nekkid and dirty.

Valid points, some of the small gems are dirt cheap so there's no excuse for not manning up and slotting your vestments. I'd chalk it up to laziness, stubbornness, and/or a bizarre combination of both.

Deleted
    sounds like bots to me the other people are altholics and probaly are enjoying themself with gearing up all classes and it far to expensive to gem/ench every item if you play like that so yea you save those for stronger gear. Dont know why your whining really if your a serious player you will be in a team/guild doing challenge modes arenas rated bgs and normal/heroic raids.

On some servers the prices of things on the AH is just absurd. No way in hell am I paying over 10,000 gold for a weapon enchant. I always get gems and enchants for my gear, personally, but I despise having to use the AH to get them. I will never blame people who just get the gear. After all, there is no income for a PvPer.

Or you can worry about what your character is like and not worry about what/how others are playing. It's not like cheap gems and enchants are suddenly going to make you team win or even better.

I'm pretty tired of seeing blood DKs with 280k health wasting slots in my battlegrounds too, but honestly it's their right to join. Maybe they wasted all their gold on something and can't afford to AH anything, or maybe they just want to save a limited gold supply for enchants on better gear. Maybe they don't even know about gear augmentations. Regardless of the reason, random battlegrounds are publicly queued events and anybody that fits the level requirement can go there to earn better gear. You'll never have to play with these people in any real, organized setting.

It's worse for them than it is for you anyway. They're useless in combat and that's never any fun; at least you can still win your unimortant random BG. It's not the garbage players that decide a battleground, it's the best ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Or you can worry about what your character is like and not worry about what/how others are playing. It's not like cheap gems and enchants are suddenly going to make you team win or even better.
    Fully gemmed compared to no gems AT ALL makes a huge difference.

OT: I also cringe whenever I see someone with no gems/enchants AND performing poorly. If the person at least tries his best (Which I did during DS where I couldnt afford gems, yet topped the DPS meters) and doesn't do stupid stuff.

It's just that... if I'm able to make gold and buy gems, then so can those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    You know gems and enchants can only make you better, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    It's just that... if I'm able to make gold and buy gems, then so can those players.
    Because what you can do automatically sets a bar for any and every one else, right?

While I personally gem and enchant all my gear (even leveling pieces that I know I won't likely have long), in no way am I asinine enough to expect that of anyone else. Its my choice: just as it is another person's not to.

If you can't grasp that, the fact that not everyone in an MMO plays/thinks the same way you do, or is necessarily capable of things you are.... you might want to consider single player games.

Deleted
    lawl, behave
    some servers sells gems and enchants for an expensive price. On a realm I play on there is a wep enchant for 6k! thats a joke! and bracers enchants for 4k! another joke!
    Its not that people dont want to gem or enchant, cause some people are broke ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because what you can do automatically sets a bar for any and every one else, right?

While I personally gem and enchant all my gear (even leveling pieces that I know I won't likely have long), in no way am I asinine enough to expect that of anyone else. Its my choice: just as it is another person's not to.

If you can't grasp that, the fact that not everyone in an MMO plays/thinks the same way you do, or is necessarily capable of things you are.... you might want to consider single player games.
    Think beyond you're own nose for a moment and see the context of the OP's point to start with, if a player decides to participate in the mmo section of the game.., it's really not to much expecting the person to at least gem / enchant the toon he / she is showing on, granted there's nothing you can do so far as the leeches in LFR / Random Bg's, but you'll often get the 'Whyyyyy can I no join?!?!??' in all caps lettering for declining one of these pathetic moron's with no gems or enchants for a pug.

Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    lawl, behave
    some servers sells gems and enchants for an expensive price. On a realm I play on there is a wep enchant for 6k! thats a joke! and bracers enchants for 4k! another joke!
    So put a Windsong on your weapon, and mastery etc on bracers.., even better, level some professions and use them to obtain these things, either through selling shit or being able to do them yourself, being broke in today's game is another way of letting people know you're as lazy as the people this thread is about..!

Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Think beyond you're own nose for a moment and see the context of the OP's point to start with, if a player decides to participate in the mmo section of the game.., it's really not to much expecting the person to at least gem / enchant the toon he / she is showing on, granted there's nothing you can do so far as the leeches in LFR / Random Bg's, but you'll often get the 'Whyyyyy can I no join?!?!??' in all caps lettering for declining one of these pathetic moron's with no gems or enchants for a pug.
    If it bothers you that bad, give them the thousands of gold they will need to fully gem and enchant. If not, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    sounds like bots to me the other people are altholics and probaly are enjoying themself with gearing up all classes and it far to expensive to gem/ench every item if you play like that so yea you save those for stronger gear. Dont know why your whining really if your a serious player you will be in a team/guild doing challenge modes arenas rated bgs and normal/heroic raids.
    You make 10k gold leveling from 85-90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If it bothers you that bad, give them the thousands of gold they will need to fully gem and enchant. If not, get over it.
    Start out by reading what your replying to in the future, after that log off forums for a day or two while trying to understand what you just read.., Albert..
    I stated that those types of players always get a lolgtfo from me (if anything at all), if they ask to join a pug for anything I'm starting, which would include lvl 60 content.., to me they are as useful to the overall state of the game as shit on shoes!

I don't expect people to spend 10,000 gold on their new quest gear, but spending 50g on any gem is better then no gem.

Money is not hard to earn, so there is little excuse to not put the effort in your character.

Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    what this guy said

It is even worse for healers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kindomroll View Post
    lawl, behave
    You don't necessarily get the best available enchants. 'Secondary' enchants are better than nothing and usually cost 25g max.