Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Freaking Elegon 10 Man Normal, da heck man.

We are having problems.

Our DPS seems perfect, as we only get two protectors spawning, as we transition into the second phase, but what happens next confuses me. We kill four waves of orbs, burn Elegon on the fifth, and when the pylons spawn we take them down one by one. Then here is where our troubles are, the adds. There are simply too many adds for us to handle and the tanks get their butt's beat. We kill the pylons one by one, so that is where I think my raid is doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kill the pylons all at the same time.

Don't take the pylons down one by one, the adds start spawning when the first one goes down. Take them all down simultaneously. Assign the DPS based on the orbs - 6 DPS, 6 orbs, 6 pillars.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ygorl View Post
    Kill the pylons all at the same time.
    This. We assign everyone their own focus (it's the same as their charge), raid leader watches health and we call out when we're ready, once we're all at around 10-20% we push them all, usually end up with minimal adds and it also gets you the achievement.

Go for the achieve, its not really a achieve. More so its hwo the fight should be done.

Deleted
    Don't take the pylons down one by one, for each Pylon down Elegon spawns the Adds 15% faster. Kill them at the same time, we usually only get a max of two adds before the pylons die, a few more will spawn before the floor comes back.

we assign dps to each pillar..each pillar is brought down to 10%
    then when all pillars are at 10% they are nuked down at same time..
    they usually all go down at once..hence lesser adds and no one shotting of tanks etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    Go for the achieve, its not really a achieve. More so its hwo the fight should be done.
    this. its basically mandatory for him to go down, don't even know why its an achievment.

Yeah if you're only killing the pillars 1by1 then you're going to get way to many adds to handle. I myself being a warlock DoT them all up on my side and focus one. They are die pretty fast.

It's funny how this thread actually made me laugh to myself, last night we all were having a friendly debate if we wanted to go for the achievement or not, but now with what you're all telling me. It's mandatory haha, thank you all for your help. I appreciate it.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    also, the adds hit hard, so youll want to use ring of frost and stuns etc to give the tanks room to kite them. keep them slowed while they are aoe'd down

As everyone else said, kill all the adds at the same time, most of your DPS should be roughly around the same +/- 5-10k, so we usually just go balls to the wall on the pillars and they all die roughly the same time.

As far as the adds go, make sure you have 1 tank on each side, the tanks needs to communicate and whichever has the lesser amount of adds needs to run in a pick up the boss. We find that as the pillars die everyone should regroup back at the console where you activate elegon, get ToTT/misdirects on whichever tank is not going back on elegon, pull them inside the platform, AoE Stuns/roots and AoE them down. Its much harder on the second phase change because everyone needs to be back inside the platform so they dont die to the AoE thing outside it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    also, the adds hit hard, so youll want to use ring of frost and stuns etc to give the tanks room to kite them. keep them slowed while they are aoe'd down
    don't ring of frost then outside of boss platform or you'll delay them getting inside and getting the damage debuff, once the platform is up and they are inside they will go down in less than 5 seconds if every1 uses aoe.

See tons of people dying due to getting aggro b4 platform is up, dont even touch them till platform is up and they will all be grouped on the tank for easy aoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarke View Post
    this. its basically mandatory for him to go down, don't even know why its an achievment.
    No it's not, we just kill them one by one on each side, from back to front (front being console).

Have the tanks get aggro on the adds, then have them kite them as much as possible. They don't need to take all the hits to hold aggro.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hestyx View Post
    We are having problems.

Our DPS seems perfect, as we only get two protectors spawning, as we transition into the second phase, but what happens next confuses me. We kill four waves of orbs, burn Elegon on the fifth, and when the pylons spawn we take them down one by one. Then here is where our troubles are, the adds. There are simply too many adds for us to handle and the tanks get their butt's beat. We kill the pylons one by one, so that is where I think my raid is doing something wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There's your problem.

Each player should solo dps the pylon that corresponds with their spark, every time you kill a pylon elegon shoots more add spawning circles. You want them to go down roughly at the same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazar View Post
    Excellent advice. On our first kill we unexpectedly got this achievement. Makes the fight much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    don't ring of frost then outside of boss platform or you'll delay them getting inside and getting the damage debuff, once the platform is up and they are inside they will go down in less than 5 seconds if every1 uses aoe.

See tons of people dying due to getting aggro b4 platform is up, dont even touch them till platform is up and they will all be grouped on the tank for easy aoe.
    Touch of the Titans increases damage done and healing taken, and affects both the Protectors/Sparks, as well as players. 99% sure Overcharged (the 5% stacking damage taken increase) does not affect the NPCs. The only thing that matters is that the players AoEing them are inside. It's actually better the tank holding the sparks is not inside, so the sparks don't gain the damage buff, but it is still survivable with CC and cooldowns, and not entirely reasonable since both tanks pick them up and at least one has to be at Elegon.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    No it's not, we just kill them one by one on each side, from back to front (front being console).
    Sure, it's not mandatory, but it's still the better strat.

Just throwing this out there because I don't see it mentioned above in the "Everyone takes a pillar" strategy (the most viable strategy, obviously) If your tank has any DoT (Thrash, Diseases, Bleeds, whatever) they should stand at Elegon and unleash these so they cover every Spark when it comes out. Because tank DoTs are so overpowered this expansion it can make things a lot smoother if you have weaker DPS in your ranks. (BP/FV from a Blood DK hitting Pestilence or talented Blood Boil at the start of each wave is phenomenal.)
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-10 at 10:01 PM. Reason: grammar
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."