Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    t3 warrior is one of, if not THE, best sets they have ever made. the others are ok too, but warrior trumps them all.

i think the warrior/death knight set looks pretty nice and the warlock one is okay but the rest is just meh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

last of the originals before massive recoloring started taking place
    also, they ARE mostly amazing designs

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i think the warrior/death knight set looks pretty nice and the warlock one is okay but the rest is just meh
    dks don't have t3 (unless they made them new ones in which case it's still not the real thing)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Picked up the dreadnaught shoulder for my DK, sooo worth it.

Tier 3 is mostly about the nostalgia I guess, I still have 5-6 piece on my rogue from the oldern days. Lookwise, I think atleast the warrior and paladin sets look better as 3 than 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Maybe I'm cynical, but I think most people ooh and ahh over T3 simply because it simply isn't available anymore by conventional means.

A lot of the value did come from the rarity - but that's true of most things in the game. The more common they are, the less they are valued. It's true of stat gear, transmog gear, mounts, titles, pets . . . . and that's a good thing. Having things being rare or difficult to obtain means they are special to those that obtain them and have emotional value. The fact that access to some of these rare things is being added or increased through the BMAH, darkmoon faire, etc. will decrease their value, just like anything soloable has less value.

That being said, the T3 sets do look nice, partially because they aren't entirely victims of the hugemongous shoulder and belt syndrome that came to infect the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like with every other tier, some sets are great. Others, not so much. Obviously if you don't like the look of a set, you transmog to something else that you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well... i have seen a lot of people talking a lot about the T3 sets... are they so great? and also i have heard people saying... "T7 sets don't look as good as T3 sets"... IMO there are some of the T7 that look way better than the T3... like the Mage T7 and the Druid T7 (not the T7.5 the normal mode one) and there are others... that don't look bad, it just depend on what colors are you looking for... like rouge T7 and shamans T7.... what do you guys think about these.... do you think that the T3 sets are way better.... or viceversa?

If you think that only 1 or 2 sets of the T7/T3 looks better than the T3/T7... let me know wich one
    Personal preference. I like druid T3 because it's a brighter green than T7.5. I dislike T7 because it's a color scheme that doesn't really fit a druid. Plus some of the pieces for the T7/7.5 set don't match the outfit as whole like T3 does.

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    last of the originals before massive recoloring started taking place
    also, they ARE mostly amazing designs

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 02:15 PM ----------

dks don't have t3 (unless they made them new ones in which case it's still not the real thing)
    i know but its based off death knights and the class restriction has been removed. its pretty much a death knight set before death knights were playable
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I main hunter and I've hated all my tier sets. Just gotta roll with it :/

It's a subjective anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 3 is only "good" because it was unobtainable until BMAH came about. If anyone asks me, tier 14 is the best looking tier to date.

There might be a little bit of nostalgia fueling the rationale for the T3 sets... but let's face it -- what a great time for WoW. Naxx was excellent in design and very challenging. As a result, players were rewarded with beautiful sets across the board. Not one of the sets was met with a resounding groan like many that we've been subjected to.

Are they the end all/be all sets? No, but they are measuring sticks for sure.

I wrote an article with a friend about my favorite armor sets in WoW thus far, excluding the new Pandaria ones and surprisingly only a few came from T3. And despite how sexy Dreadnaught is, I even chose Onslaught over it because it exudes more of a "warrior" feeling overall, like many have said previously.

I dislike the Tier 7 10 man models for the majority of the sets actually due to the colors. Druid for instance, looks horrible in purple. I personally have the Tier 7.5 version (25 man) because it looks extremely close to the original T3. I wasn't playing druid as my main back in vanilla and only started playing as one in BC so it's nice to have the 7.5 version. The green just looks infinitely better IMO, than the nasty purple.

Plus, druid sets have a majority of really dark and ugly colors for tier sets. Most of them involve browns, puke camo green, and purple. It's why I like the green set so much better. Also why I liked the normal version of T11, and why I like the normal mode set for this current tier (it's white). It gets old having similar dark and depressing color schemes.

I also love T3 and T 7.5 because I will actually show the ENTIRE set, including the helm on my character. Most of the time I hate what they do to druid helms and shoulders. This is the only druid set in the entire game that I like every single piece. WTB a "hide shoulder" option. They won't do it because the "artists spend a lot of time on the artwork for armor and want it to be seen." Same reason why they keep making WWF championship type belts. Blech.
    Last edited by Melodi; 2012-12-10 at 07:34 PM.
    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it.
    Melodi, Resto Druid

I love my druid t3 set. Its different from T7.5 a lot.
    Warrior t3 either.
    Cant say about other classes though.
    And rarity isnt the issue there.

T1 and T2 have always been good, there were a few tiers in TBC I enjoyed as well.

Don't get me wrong about T3, there are some nice sets in that tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Tier 3 is only "good" because it was unobtainable until BMAH came about. If anyone asks me, tier 14 is the best looking tier to date.
    It saddens me that you're also a Hunter and you like T14. I think it's absolutely horrific. Just goes to show the massive differences in preference people can have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Says someone with nostalgia from playing in T5/T6?
    Played during t3 so no. Thats not it at all

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Maybe I'm cynical, but I think most people ooh and ahh over T3 simply because it simply isn't available anymore by conventional means.
    For me, hunter T3 is the best looking hunter set ever. I thought so back when it was current (and available) and I still think so.

However, I do accept that other people have different opinions.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    It saddens me that you're also a Hunter and you like T14. I think it's absolutely horrific. Just goes to show the massive differences in preference people can have.
    Hunters are meant to wear animal skins. We are animal stalkers, we hunt animals. Therefore it makes sense that we wear animal skins/furs/bones/skulls/horns/etc (even if it's yaungol which are humanoid). Tier 14 fulfills this sense of being a hunter much more than previous tiers, and does it in a much better style.

Hunters are meant to wear animal skins. We are animal stalkers, we hunt animals. Therefore it makes sense that we wear animal skins/furs/bones/skulls/horns/etc (even if it's yaungol which are humanoid). Tier 14 fulfills this sense of being a hunter much more than previous tiers, and does it in a much better style.
    The shoulders being completely empty on one side and massive on the other (I'm an Orc so this is WAAAAY worse) looks soooooooooooooooooo bad to me. And the helmet looks like some god awful viking wotlk reincarnation.

Really it's the shoulders that kill it for me though. The imbalance bothers the living hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    The shoulders being completely empty on one side and massive on the other (I'm an Orc so this is WAAAAY worse) looks soooooooooooooooooo bad to me. And the helmet looks like some god awful viking wotlk reincarnation.

Really it's the shoulders that kill it for me though. The imbalance bothers the living hell out of me.
    I guess it makes more sense from a realistic point of view. (You might not be able to craft perfectly symmetrical shoulders from the crude hide of a creature you had killed. At least the eyeball is still alive though. And moving!) Can see why that would irk you though.

How bad-ass would it be if as a hunter with the skinning profession, you could take the hide from any creature you had killed and cure it into an armor based on said creature at a certain level in the profession? Not very practical, but fun to imagine.