Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Don't Drink and WoW....

Hey all.

Figured Id share this sad/humorous story of mine with you. It is sad for me, but you can enjoy it =).

I went out drinking this past a saturday night, got home and logged on to WoW for kicks. I check the BMAH and see that Ashes of Alar, a mount i have wanted for a long time, was on the BMAH. So, i decide to bid 225k gold for it. However, in my drunken state, i put the bid in the "Hot item" section which was merely a Blood Stained Ticket.... Im over it by now honestly, and feel that you all would enjoy this epic fail on my part.

TLDR: Bid 225000 gold on a Blood Stained Ticket instead of Ashes of Alar on BMAH

Cheers!

Drunken pwn'd!!

I did that too though but was planning on bidding (50k) on invincible as a rogue... I bid 50k on some hot item heroic leather healing bracers... Derp!!!! Luckily someone outbid me... Have fun with the brawlers guild though!!

Holy crap, a Blood Stained Ticket for that much? I thought the bids were set for each bid? I can see it for the mount, but holy crap.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Oh ouch I feel your pain, I know how I would feel if it was me! Glad your able to take it in stride though

That is one thing that can get quite alot of people, the layout of the BMAH , not as fluid as the original AH, I see and hear people doing similiar all the time;/

Just think of that 225k as having went to help the orphans of Azeroth! So think of it as something good, and hopefully Karma will pay you back nicely in someway! (like ashes shows up on the BMAH again, and the server fecks up and your the only one able to log in the whole day so you maange to bid on it and get it for like the lowest bid ever!) hehe, well I can wish for you

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL, yeah I won't go near the AH if I'm drinking and playing but I have done a few random heroics and they are especially bad when I'm tanking. Don't drink and tank should be my moto.

Deleted
    Bet you could open a ticket and get the money refunded. I know I would try even if I was told its pointless. Nothing to lose.

Yeah, I only play drunk and every other month I do something I regret terribly... Last week I sold a 476 crafted leather chestpiece for 990 gold instead of 9900 >_>
    Needless to say it sold in a matter of minutes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    Holy crap, a Blood Stained Ticket for that much? I thought the bids were set for each bid? I can see it for the mount, but holy crap.
    It's an auction house, with bids, what do you mean the bids are set for each bid? The minimum, yes, the maximum, of course not.

Sorry about your blunder. I have to go against your "Don't drink and WoW" recommendation though. Beer has gotten me through countless bars of experience with the greatest of ease.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Sorry about your blunder. I have to go against your "Don't drink and WoW" recommendation though. Beer has gotten me through countless bars of experience with the greatest of ease.
    Same for me, I used to get drunk in UNI, sit down and pull off 3-4 levels and not even remember it. :P
    / ztanz
    <Nice picture with my armory for Elskling on Ragnaros>

I'm sure the drinking didn't help, but in the excitement of the bid war many others have been suckered by the bid box in the middle of the page when the bid box most people want is hiddeen at the bottom of the page. It is the very worst place they could have put it. Blizzard will suffer waves of requests for refunds until they wise up and put ONE bid box in the CENTER of the window. It should look and behave exactly like the AH we all know so well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Few days ago i bought the caster darkmoon card for 1485g, he was probably drunk and forgot an "0" ^^
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    It's an auction house, with bids, what do you mean the bids are set for each bid? The minimum, yes, the maximum, of course not.
    I bid on a cheap Ticket the other day, was some odd 5k, but the bid was only to 5.5, I didn't get no bid increase thing that I remember. o.o
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by ztanz View Post
    Same for me, I used to get drunk in UNI, sit down and pull off 3-4 levels and not even remember it. :P
    Quests? Screw it, I'll just sit here and lightning bolt these mobs and find child-like amusement in it each and every time -- bar after bar after bar! Wouldja look at that? Leveled already. Honey, grab me another beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    Quests? Screw it, I'll just sit here and lightning bolt these mobs and find child-like amusement in it each and every time -- bar after bar after bar! Wouldja look at that? Leveled already. Honey, grab me another beer.
    Even funnier if you were doing that as enhancement while wearing your fishing gear. Poll included.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Even funnier if you were doing that as enhancement while wearing your fishing gear. Poll included.
    Haha. A public opinion poll?

"Does this lightning bolt hurt more now with my Lucky Fishing Hat equipped? Or how about now... with Nat's Hat?"

Deleted
    You deserve some truly awesome karma for taking that so well, I hope it comes to you soon. There would have been bloodshed if that had been me

15+ Year Old Account
    Last time I drank and WoWd, I spilled my beer over my Black Widow Ultimate and it short circuited...

Don't drink and WoW!

bid 22k on a pet that could be bought for almost nothing. stupid hot item had azure drake selected and typed bid in the hot item womp womp.
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

At least you did not waste 225.000€ (or 3800€) in your drunken state.

(yeah i'm not gonna tell that story here)