Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    T3 (and for that matter, T7/7.5) Paladin was horrible, so was T1...

HOWEVER, Tier 2, as any Paladin will generally agree, is freaking awesome.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

T3 was better than T2 IMO. Outside of the shoulders, the set is garbage. I've grown on the colors lately but I still dislike the set especially the purple and the other off color one as well. I am not the only one just most keep quiet afraid of the backlash. I prefer the T5 over all the rest with the T14 LFR colors next followed by T4. I rock all three, T5 for tanking, T4 for heals, and T14 for ret.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    Warrior is really the only one that looks better than the t7 reskins imo. Rest is either same color, or better color for t7 25 man gear.
    25 man T7 is better.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    I think generalizing a tier is just plain silly. I personally think most T9s are ugly, but Horde rogue's T9 is one of my favorites. The Alliance version is lame again.
    Horde T9 shaman is good just throw on the T1 robe and belt and its perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    Blizzard ruined a lot of the appeal by throwing them on the AH botting paradise called BMAH.
    Botters don't tend to care what they look like. I still rarely see anyone in any pieces of T3, let alone a full set.

Deleted
    Some Tier2+3 sets with T5+T6+T8 are just so good. Lesser tier includes T10 and T11.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the value is inflated considering you can get a recolour with superior texturing from a soloable instance.

There are some sets I think look better in their original Tier 3 (warrior being the obvious example), but not enough to justify the crazy cost on the BMAH. And there are also several that look better as Tier 7, and several I think are not very attractive in either colouring.

I mean, it's cool if you have the original set and wear it for transmog, but I personally would never spend that kind of gold on something cosmetic.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

T2 is good for a ret paladin, but nothing about it whatsoever says holy paladin or devoted guardian of the Light to me if you're wearing the full set. The mask is what primarily makes it stand out as a great Retribution set. T3 paladin looked pretty good in concept art, but came off less than favorable in graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Well... i have seen a lot of people talking a lot about the T3 sets... are they so great? and also i have heard people saying... "T7 sets don't look as good as T3 sets"... IMO there are some of the T7 that look way better than the T3... like the Mage T7 and the Druid T7 (not the T7.5 the normal mode one) and there are others... that don't look bad, it just depend on what colors are you looking for... like rouge T7 and shamans T7.... what do you guys think about these.... do you think that the T3 sets are way better.... or viceversa?

If you think that only 1 or 2 sets of the T7/T3 looks better than the T3/T7... let me know wich one
    As a Mage who loves the Frostfire set, T7 doesn't come CLOSE to T3. The Normal 10 player set is just gross and makes me vomit. The Heroic 25 player set is decent with its purple, but doesn't come moderately close to the beautiful cyan T3 set.

Also for Rogue, I personally prefer the 25 player T7, and it's even what I use for my Rogue's mog set. T3 is kinda meh in comparison.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 03:24 PM ----------

That's because 85% of Paladin sets are garbage.

The only ones I genuinely like is T2 and T12. If there were other good ones, I don't remember them.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's all a matter of personal taste. I always thought the Plagueheart set was unbeatable.

I think done if the Tier 3 is better and some if the Tier 7 is better personally.

Druid - T3
    Rogue - T3
    Warrior - T3
    Paladin - T7.5
    Hunter - T3
    Warlock - T7
    Shaman - T7
    Mage - T3
    Priest - T3

So 3/9 I think the newer models were better, but that is t saying the newer sets are bad in comparison. They were a damn good attempt at keeping the look and feel of the old set, and not making them a complete reskin. The attention to detail of course is higher, but that us besides the point, it's a matter if color schemes and proportions to each class that wears them.

A good example is the Paladin, it's painful to look at the Tier 3, especially with the helmet because its vet bland, but the new version stands out more with the colors, and as long as you hide the helm, it looks a hell of a lot better.

At the same time, the Warrior set looks weird on the new set, and you lose the old style of the shoulders to a point, and I personally thought the shoulder design looked the best because of the proportion of the skills on the armor. I also think taking away the original colors took away from that further.

The Warlock looks really similar, but the new set I think looks a lot flashier.

Deleted
    T3 was awesome in Naxxramas day and that's about it.

Warrior

T3 > T7-10 > T7-25

Rogue

T3 > T7-10 > T7-25

Priest

T7-10 > T3 > T7-25

Shaman

T7-25 > T7-10 > T3

Mage

T3 > T7-25 > T7-10

Warlock

T3 > T7-25 > T7-10

Druid

T7-25 > T7-10 > T3

Paladin

T7-25 > T3 > T7-10

Hunter

T7-25 = T7-10 = T3 = crap

Frankly I can't stand any part of the Mage t3 or T7 apart from the shoulders, and T7.5 has better ones than T3.

I think nostalgia is a powerful factor...

For example, I think the Plagued and Black Proto Drakes are really ugly. Not even the most beautiful Proto Drake, which would be the Ironbound for me... However, I have seen many people say they are the best mounts in-game, mostly because they were removed. I would not pay 10k if one popped on the BMAH, and I am kind of a collector.

But OT... I think the Mage T3 is real good looking (My main is a Mage). The collor was not used in many other sets. So it would be somewhat worthy it to buy the pieces if they are not too expensive.

Deleted
    Saw T3 paladin shoulders go for 78,500g on my realm. For me it's overkill to spend this much gold on ONE transmog piece, let alone a full set (x8)
    Most of them look crappy because they are what they are, vanilla sets which are 6 years old at least (Nax was released in mid 2006 iirc)

I would pay a lot of gold for some transmog items, for example Corrupted Ashbringer. That's the real deal, not because of the looks but the lore.
    But for some players "No longer obtainable in the game" + nostalgia factor is enough to warrant 6-digit gold price for even useless crap like shirts or outdated cooking recipe.
    For me not, and I'm not poor. In fact I gold-capped one char bout a month ago but i still say NO to bmah T3.

10+ Year Old Account
    As has shown in every post here, "to each their own". In my personal opinion, Mage T3 is THE best looking tier set ever made by blizzard, and still tops my list today.
    I know not with what weapons WWIII will be fought, but WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones. ~Albert Einstein

Tier 2 and Tier 3 were the best sets WoW ever produced.

Tier 6 comes in next, with everything else a distant 4th. Those three tiers had exceptional sets across the board.

Battle of the Badasses - Warcraft Edition

Congrats to Medivh

Bracket Results Here

Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    I think done if the Tier 3 is better and some if the Tier 7 is better personally.

Druid - T3
    Rogue - T3
    Warrior - T3
    Paladin - T7.5
    Hunter - T3
    Warlock - T7
    Shaman - T7
    Mage - T3
    Priest - T3

So 3/9 I think the newer models were better, but that is t saying the newer sets are bad in comparison. They were a damn good attempt at keeping the look and feel of the old set, and not making them a complete reskin. The attention to detail of course is higher, but that us besides the point, it's a matter if color schemes and proportions to each class that wears them.

A good example is the Paladin, it's painful to look at the Tier 3, especially with the helmet because its vet bland, but the new version stands out more with the colors, and as long as you hide the helm, it looks a hell of a lot better.

At the same time, the Warrior set looks weird on the new set, and you lose the old style of the shoulders to a point, and I personally thought the shoulder design looked the best because of the proportion of the skills on the armor. I also think taking away the original colors took away from that further.

The Warlock looks really similar, but the new set I think looks a lot flashier.
    Druid - imo they all look like crap
    Rogue - T6 or T2
    Warrior - T12 heroic or T3
    Paladin - T2
    Hunter - T825man
    Warlock - T5 or T6
    Shaman - T3orT5
    Mage - T3
    Priest - T3

thats my tier liking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    Class restrictions were taken off.
    I'll never, ever buy a T3 gear piece, even if they throw it at me. I find them to be just too poor in details. However, like our parkerlynne here, some people do it because the restrictions were taken off, and a monk could run around in rogue/druid gear.
    My main is hunter and i dislike shaman T3, aswell as hunter T3. so i'm staying out of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke1096 View Post
    Tier 2 and Tier 3 were the best sets WoW ever produced.

Tier 6 comes in next, with everything else a distant 4th. Those three tiers had exceptional sets across the board.
    This,

I cannot believe the OP has said t7 druid is better looking than t3. T3 is the best druid set ingame. Why they made the green a bit darker @ T7 is beyond me.
    Same with the priest t3, it got absolutely destroyed in WotLK.

T3 > T7
    Priest , Shaman, Warrior, Warlock, Mage, Druid, Paladin, Hunter

T3 = T7
    Rogue (It is ugly either way)

warior t7 is lame, t3 is much better. that's because warior t3 was based on death knights, and WotLK tried to run away from that since now there were proper death knights, so they butchered the set and made it yellow

I also tend to like priest t3 better on females. the other t7s are all superior to t3 due to their enhanced quality.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.