Thread: DBM Timers off

DBM Timers off

I've been noticing in my raids recently that a log of the timers on my DBM are off by about 5-7 seconds. On Feng's Epicenter for example, Feng casts Epicenter a good 5 seconds after DBM counts down to 0. I noticed the same thing happened on Bladelord with his Unseen Strike. Anyone know how to fix this problem? I'm using version 4.11.6 btw,

yep ive had this problem too. to fix it i've installed bigwigs and i'll never look back. check it out, its a great addon

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of those timers are for the abilities coming off cooldown, and so usable by the boss. That doesn't necessarily mean it will do it right away, but it CAN do it sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkari View Post
    A lot of those timers are for the abilities coming off cooldown, and so usable by the boss. That doesn't necessarily mean it will do it right away, but it CAN do it sometime soon.
    That makes more sense. But another thing I've noticed is the enrage timer being off. Garalon for example we downed this week and according to WOL we took 6:45 seconds. Garalon's enrage is approximately 7 minutes. My timer in game when we were about to kill him said that we had about 2 minutes before enrage. The timer was clearly wrong. Why is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    That one just sounds like it's off, might be that they changed the enrage and DBM hasn't updated yet, not sure.

Deleted
    I've used DBM for years but in MoP I have found a lot of timers to be really out e.g. Rain of Blades, Unseen Strike, which really did my nut in as a Disc priest. I installed BigWigs and have found it to be a lot more accurate than DBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikurii View Post
    I've used DBM for years but in MoP I have found a lot of timers to be really out e.g. Rain of Blades, Unseen Strike, which really did my nut in as a Disc priest. I installed BigWigs and have found it to be a lot more accurate than DBM.
    even BigWigs is not accurate in everything...i also switched two weeks ago from DBM back to BigWigs. it is more accurater than DBM but not accuarte at all

or done what i did, run both to test them out

after 2 weeks and updating both every day (release or alphas) before raids i can say the same has other's here, BigWings its better

that arrow in DBM in first boss in heart of fear when attenuation happens? bigwings had a text for that 1 week earlier

some encounters BigWings have more alerts that dbm still dont have or will add it a week late.... (ex: in Sha of Fear dbm still dont report when you are getting hit by Eerie Skull)

dbm have some extra alerts, like when someone has something near you and you have to go away, BG dont really have that but that is something more if you are not paying attention or you are normally tunnel vision dps

10+ Year Old Account
    Feng's timers are all over the place, sometimes you can also go from Earthquake to Earthquake without lightning fists..

I'm fairly sure it's just the design of the fights, where they are set to happen at random times after the spell comes off cooldown. Arcane Resonance, Arcane Velocity and Epicenter are great examples of this. Other things I am unsure if they are designed to be random times but I'm fairly sure Feng was designed to be random. The same reason there aren't timers for Lei Shi's phase changes.

Deleted
    Use beta/alpha version of said addons.

Deleted
    the boss's ability has a "cooldown" the boss also has a " time since last action" modifier -> feng won't go chain casting a fist then strait into a epicenter he will do 1-2 melle swings first, blade lord won't do his "jump around debuffing people" then instantly start his unseen ( same with tournado spawn always a delay)

Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    the boss's ability has a "cooldown" the boss also has a " time since last action" modifier -> feng won't go chain casting a fist then strait into a epicenter he will do 1-2 melle swings first
    Actually he can. Not sure if he was fixed, but he used to bug out a lot. He could never cast lightning fists and cast epicenter asap when ready. Or he could use fists and epicenter asap. That's why timers ain't working for him.

Thanks for the input guys. It's starting to make a little more sense