Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Coming WvW Change on the Wintersday Patch And more...

Wintersday is coming and along with all the other goodies there will be a few updates to WvW. Some of these changes are the result of forum feedback while others are part of our longer term plans for WvW. Here’s a quick preview of what WvW will get for Wintersday:

Advance notification of new builds
    In order to allow WvW players to make good decions about siege placement, assault timing, etc. we’re adding a new build pre-announcement. This will be in the form of a message broadcast to all players some time before the current build expires. Because this notification is tied to one of the final steps in our build process, and those final steps take a variable amount of time, we won’t be able to say exactly when the current build will expire. Instead, the message will provide a window of time in which the new build will become available.

Alt+F4 is no escape
    If someone that you’re fighting disconnects during combat (via Alt+F4, killing the client process, etc.) their character will be instantly killed, death penalties will be applied, and XP & loot will be handed out as usual.

No more insta-build walls & gates
    Destroyed walls and gates will now rebuild when they reach 10% health rather than on the very first repair. This means that when attackers down a wall or gate defenders won’t be able to instantly rebuild it. Walls and gates which are destroyed can still be damaged if they have any health.

Breakout events
    We’ve added a new event type to WvW called Breakout events which trigger when one or more teams have been pushed completely out of a map. They’re designed both to help players break out of severly camped portal keeps and to provide assistance in establishing a foothold in each map. Here’s what designer Matt Witter has to say about them:

Break Out Events are special WvW events that will happen when a team has lost control of all defensive structures, not counting supply camps. An NPC commander will appear in the team’s start area and an event will start that prompts players to gather around. Once enough players are in the commander’s presence he will summon his trusty dolyak to give all allies in the area full supply. He will then lead the charge to the nearby objective and give players protection and assist with building siege to assault the objective with. Those benefits, along with a defensive boon that he applies to all nearby allies, makes the attacking players a force to be reckoned with. Defenders will have their work cut out for them, as once the gate or wall piece is destroyed the commander will move to the tower lord inside and attack anyone in his path.

These changes are just a small part of what the WvW team has been up to lately. As you may have already heard, we’re hard at work on some larger updates that we plan to deliver in February. We’re not quite ready to talk about the details yet but as February gets closer we’ll start to reveal more of our secrets.

Happy Wintersday and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

Habib Loew
    Gameplay Programmer

And the new Teaser of the Wintersday Patch

Source :https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...ng-Soon-To-WvW

10+ Year Old Account

[GW2] Wintersday Patch 2012

Oooh I hope that's a costume - the fur hat and capelet. Got my celestial dye ready
    Valar morghulis

That's a pretty nice trailer, makes me look forward to wintersday.

That jumping puzzle....

I hope it's as hard as the Halloween one.

10+ Year Old Account
    The more and more i play GW2 the more and more i wish i had made my ranger a human instead of a sylvari...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    The more and more i play GW2 the more and more i wish i had made my ranger a human instead of a sylvari...
    Ditto

At least until they progress any story with sylvari.

Just give us race change and make us restart are personal story with no reward plz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Ditto

Just give us race change and make us restart are personal story with no reward plz.
    You made a sylvari too xD? It was really interesting and all... but omg... now it's just like, I really don't want to main this race... i miss being human (god the fact i utter those words makes it apparent how good humans are in Tyria lore and such...), i'm -almost- tempted to remake my sylvari as a human, but i'm not sure if i want to redo all that, especially seeing as how he's the one i'm currently loading karma up on...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

You guys are crazy Sylvari are the best! The costumes looked really cool and now I really want one grr! Bring on the patch already!

Above everything else this patch -for me- is about class changes. I have high hopes, but I feeeear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scyth View Post
    You guys are crazy Sylvari are the best! The costumes looked really cool and now I really want one grr! Bring on the patch already!
    lol i do really like my sylvaris dance not gonna lie, i think it's more of the lack of attachment to the universe, where my human already has anchors all over due to me playing GW1 so much

The main reason I didn't hit 80 very quickly was having 3 mains, a sylvari a human and an asura. It's cool though, there's still more world to explore.

Ditto

I concur as well. Just two days ago I deleted my level 12 Sylvari mesmer and created a new human mesmer to run with. Not sure why but I'm guessing I don't feel that race as I do the human story line and starting area.

10+ Year Old Account
    The alt+F4 issue was long hated by my guildmates ! (i dont wvw mainly because my pc can't handle it and because i dont like engineer on pvp :C)

Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    Above everything else this patch -for me- is about class changes. I have high hopes, but I feeeear.
    Yea you should fear, seeing how the last round of changes went.

I'm suspecting staff mesmer to be nerfed again because of the phase retreat cry babys on official forums.

Deleted
    I'm Very excited! The Guildwars2 Events so far are so big and look so amazing!
    They really know how to make it look so interessting!!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the info on events & activities and such:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...oymaker-tixx-2
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Here's the info on events & activities and such:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga...oymaker-tixx-2
    Oh great another "loot" box.

That's one thing I won't be doing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:24 AM ----------

I also suspect the wintersday outfits we saw will just be more town clothing.

I don't understand why they are so against buyable cosmetic armor for combat.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-12-11 at 03:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh great another "loot" box.

That's one thing I won't be doing.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 03:24 AM ----------

IDK we could do it in GW1, a lot of shit ANet does now just doesn't make any sense. Costumes are useless if you can't combat in them..

maybe because it hurts my experience when I encounter guys with boxing gloves and sunglasses... I could live with an option for guys like me to blend out townclothes though.

I like the fact that you can only use those in cities, I guess they become more prominent when they finally introduce activities or something else to do in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol i do really like my sylvaris dance not gonna lie, i think it's more of the lack of attachment to the universe, where my human already has anchors all over due to me playing GW1 so much
    I still feel like Sylvari are really important in Tyria and I actually feel lucky being one of them lol! But I get what you are saying yeah.