Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Ive looted all the items from MV and HOF with my feral druid but the trinket from elegon. Im even working on my healer offspec. So its ok

No matter what anyone says they get or whatever, it's purely anecdotal. The chances of a drop are exactly the same for every single character regardless. Some people just get luckier than others. I have had weeks with zero drops, no wins from elder charms, ZIP. Then I've had weeks where I get a drop off every boss in a single run. It's the same random chance. Sometimes you just get lucky.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Been running LFR since the 2nd week on my main, and a few weeks after that with my alt, every single boss each week.

Have won 0 items on my alt (no coins... no time for all the dailies yet,) and about 4 things total on my main. 3 of which were the same pair of boots.

It's... pretty shitty...

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Been running LFR since the 2nd week on my main, and a few weeks after that with my alt, every single boss each week.

Have won 0 items on my alt (no coins... no time for all the dailies yet,) and about 4 things total on my main. 3 of which were the same pair of boots.

It's... pretty shitty...
    Care to link your armory to back that up?

10+ Year Old Account
    ITS RANDOM!!!!! everyone put your numbers away! ITS RANDOM !!!!!

you have the same chance EVERY BOSS to get loot. no matter how many you have or have not got loot from already!

ive gone weeks with nothing....ive gotten loot from 4 in a row...... ITS RANDOM!!!

to answer the OP's question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoFalcon View Post
    ITS RANDOM!!!!! everyone put your numbers away! ITS RANDOM !!!!
    Chance per boss =/= Chance to get at least one item from sixteen bosses.

Basic statistics.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    im sure there is a number to figure out what my chances are to get a piece of loot from at least one of 16 bosses.

it doesnt change the fact that my chances are the SAME every boss, no matter how many i have won or loss.

Like guessing the toss of a coin. its 50/50 EVERY TIME. no matter how many times in a row ive guess it right or wrong.

no right number, no wrong number. its random every time. numbers are useless.

Deleted
    RNG can be a Bi*** sometimes...I do MSV LFR since the Beginning and I have yet to see a Shield drop off Spirit Kings. I always use the Coin but IF i win I get the Shoulders I already have...

Unfortunately, the LFR system is pretty random. I went 42 kills without a piece of loot and still haven't seen any tier drop yet. Ive probably only gotten maybe 4 peices of loot from LFR total so far. The rest of my stuff if valor or purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    1-((21/25)^16) = 93.85% chance for at least one drop in 16 bosses in LFR.
    Yeah, yer right, I'm wrong. I think I brain farted and swapped it. Oh well, nevertheless.

Alt #1: 2/36 and still not eligible for HoF/ToES six weeks later D:
    Alt #2: 10/45

Deleted
    No one really knows the loot rate. I'd say 1/10 is a good rule of thumb. That being said doesn't mean you should loot at least once out of 10 bosses. It's an average, meaning you could kill 30 bosses without ever looting just as well as you could kill 10 boss and loot say 5 or 6 times.

Deleted
    It is simple Math after all

Let's say you got a 10% chance of getting an Item in LFR...that is 10 out of 100 OR 100 out of 1000...so, maybe you are getting the 900 non-Loots first

It is unusual for me to get an item on the 2 characters I run through lfr every week, so from my experience not getting something is normal.

If you want ez loot in LFR, just auto attack the boss. Stand in the first bad thing that comes up and afk for rest of the fight.

Blizzard loot system in LFR is measured how little you do, the more you are entitled to loot. I know I will get flamed for this but it is the truth. Tested it myself and got loot from elegon and will of the emperor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    Tested it myself and got loot from elegon and will of the emperor.
    Sample size too small.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is completely random. I went 2 weeks without getting any gear from LFR and then got 3 tier pieces in a row last week. Hello 4-pc bonus. woohoo.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    1-((21/25)^16) = 93.85% chance for at least one drop in 16 bosses in LFR.
    True, however if you go 15 bosses without loot, you still only have a 16% chance to get loot on the 16th boss.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Its pretty usual as I don't have any gear from lfr right now...

In another thread we did a completely unscientific, too-small sample of apocryphal reports based in loose memories and came to the hasty conclusion that the chance of a drop is about 12.5-percent or a roll of one on a six-sided die.

it's very very random. Sometimes I might get 1 drop in the whole week, it it would be useless. Sometimes I can get 4 drops in one dungeon.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...