Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

How are people so far along with Shieldwall/Dominance rep & 5.1 questline?

I'm a human, have the guild bonus and used the extra buff from the darkmoon faire every day it was available, I bought the grand commendation for even more rep when I reached revered and I have not missed a single set of dailies and I am currently about half way into Revered. There is no possible way that I know of that anyone could be much further ahead than me...

But I have seen plenty of people on my server riding the exalted mount and I have seen people talking about the end of the questline on forums etc. My question is HOW?

It shouldn't be possible. I have used every single rep bonus there is and there is no way people could possibly be more than 10k rep ahead. What cheats are they using to get rep so quickly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who says they are cheating? That seems quite unfounded, dont you think?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Who says they are cheating? That seems quite unfounded, dont you think?
    Well there's no possible way that anyone could be that far ahead by legitimate means. As I made a large point in saying - I have used every possible boost to reputation there is available, yet I'm not even near to exalted yet. I should be miles ahead of most people, but somehow people are miles ahead of me... over 10,000 rep ahead (that's over a week's worth of dailies).

It's mathematically impossible to have gained that much reputation -- If I'm not yet exalted then it should be impossible that anyone is.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-12-11 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    Hozen peace pipe perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeruleus View Post
    Hozen peace pipe perhaps?
    1. I don't think it works for the 5.1 factions
    2. You can only use it once per 7 days, it wouldn't make up the 10k rep the poster is suggesting.

Initial quests done to create the base. Gave up doing dailies because of faction imbalance and constant ganking/farming of HKs.

Can't be bothered to get arena-gear to do dailies. A shame such a big part of the content-patch is rendered useless.

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Initial quests done to create the base. Gave up doing dailies because of faction imbalance and constant ganking/farming of HKs.

Can't be bothered to get arena-gear to do dailies. A shame such a big part of the content-patch is rendered useless.
    Transfer to a PvE server.
    ???
    Profit.
    "So my advice is to argue based on the reasons stated, not try to make up or guess at reasons and argue those."
    Greg Street, Riot Developer - 12:50 PM - 25 May 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'm a human, have the guild bonus and used the extra buff from the darkmoon faire every day it was available, I bought the grand commendation for even more rep when I reached revered and I have not missed a single set of dailies and I am currently about half way into Revered. There is no possible way that I know of that anyone could be much further ahead than me...

But I have seen plenty of people on my server riding the exalted mount and I have seen people talking about the end of the questline on forums etc. My question is HOW?

It shouldn't be possible. I have used every single rep bonus there is and there is no way people could possibly be more than 10k rep ahead. What cheats are they using to get rep so quickly?
    The first day 5.1 was live, I believe there was a fast re-spawning group of mobs that you could farm for rep turn in items. Was hotfixed either that day or the day after.

As for my own progression, I haven't done a single shieldwall daily due to getting ready for exams. Even if I didn't have exams, I'm still loathe to do more dailies just to socket a weapon I don't have or expect to get in the foreseeable future. Maybe when a month or so before patch 5.3 is expected to go live I'll start them.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2012-12-11 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    completely uninterested in pvp style quest areas. and with the alliance guards and npc's more active then the horde ones.. its totally not worth doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

have you done the animal arena? Find the pets, kill the pets? that's about 1320 rep a day?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

if u did it with 2 chars every day and never returned the main story line quests on one of them before u got the other one revered and bought the commendation then u get the rep increase for every returned main story line quest on the other char thats a massive amount of rep, put hozen pipe on top of that should be doable

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    ???
    Profit.
    Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but doing these dailies puts you in areas that are flagged for PVP regardless of being on a PVE server, don't they?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

???
    Profit.
    Only Blizzard profits from that.

Also Human, missed the first day of dailies, missed only 2 days of the DMF buff (Counting getting the buff before the Fair ended and logging out) and I'm about halfway through revered too. I do all 5 dailies plus the caged beast.
    Last edited by scorpious1109; 2012-12-11 at 03:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Someone else correct me if I'm wrong, but doing these dailies puts you in areas that are flagged for PVP regardless of being on a PVE server, don't they?
    It did when 5.1 went live, it was later fixed.

I'm on an RP server and I've done the dailies every day from start and never gotten flagged ever!

Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post

Good luck with that Black Prince rep .

Deleted
    No they don't, although there are a few mobs in places that can flag you but they're not required for quests.

???
    Profit.
    Transfer to a PVE server.
    Pay hundreds of dollars to move guild and characters.
    ???
    Not profitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    The first day 5.1 was live, I believe there was a fast re-spawning group of mobs that you could farm for rep turn in items. Was hotfixed either that day or the day after.
    There are no rep turn in items.

patch 5.1: 28.11.2012 (EU)
    revered: 08.12.2012 (bought grand commendation)
    exalted: 11.12.2012

I missed the darkmoon bonus for the first 2-3 days and I haven't done the beast-daily one time. I used the darkmoon bonus on sunday (logged out with 1hour left).

Feels too fast after hitting revered. The yellow quests give way too much reputation.
    Saturday: hit revered and ended at 3k/21k
    Sunday: 7k/21k
    Monday: 17k/21k (wtf)
    Tuesday: exalted 680/1000

On the other side this could be intended. War wouldn't be like "We have to act really fast, come again tomorrow".
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2012-12-11 at 08:14 AM.