Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    I could never understand how someone would go around without any gems with these prices.

I often myself wonder the exact same thing.

This is not just PvP problem, PvE is full of them too.

Back in WOTLK and CATA, i didnt gem or enchant gear that wasnt at least epic or honor pvp gear. kinda felt like am wasting my gold when i was replacing those pieces in like an hour.

Even now i refuse to gem and enchant heroic gear, epics are too easy to get. I will reforge to get to my hit/exp caps but thats about it. Crafted PVP gear gets replaced so quickly i dont see the point.

Now if you are running around in conquest / honor gear with no enchants/gems/nothing reforged, your either a fucking bot or an idiot who just loves those corpse runs.

Gems/enchantments just dont exist on my server (Horde zangarmarsh), if a guildly isnt online am boned out 150g (gems) to 700g (windsong)

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

as someone stated earlier...you have to start somewhere..i had to..i did buy the contenders gear but starting late into pvp was a mistake i feel as though i almost have no resil at all. im hitting for shit damage im getting raped by everything under the sun that has a class. at some point you do weigh what to really do about it..especially if when you 1st started off you lost pretty much all the BGs you played.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Back in WOTLK and CATA, i didnt gem or enchant gear that wasnt at least epic or honor pvp gear. kinda felt like am wasting my gold when i was replacing those pieces in like an hour.

Even now i refuse to gem and enchant heroic gear, epics are too easy to get. I will reforge to get to my hit/exp caps but thats about it. Crafted PVP gear gets replaced so quickly i dont see the point.

Now if you are running around in conquest / honor gear with no enchants/gems/nothing reforged, your either a fucking bot or an idiot who just loves those corpse runs.

Gems/enchantments just dont exist on my server (Horde zangarmarsh), if a guildly isnt online am boned out 150g (gems) to 700g (windsong)
    Wow, guess server economies fluctuate greatly. I'd be lucky to sell green gems for 5 to 10 gold at max, and I haven't been able to sell Windsong enchants for even 100 gold lately...

If you don't gem/enchant your gear then you're just a pathetic leech and can gtfo my group. No exceptions. Can't make gold? Then you're bad/dumb. Don't know what you should gem/enchant? Google. Goes for PvP and PvE.

Deleted
    random bgs are there for a reason... to farm gear. if you dont like it go and do rated bgs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    You make 10k gold leveling from 85-90.
    really? is that so here i have now lvled 10 classes to lvl 90 and always ended up with 5k gold and -2500 for flying nice bs story tough.

I've done this many times and will continue to do so. PvP ie Battlegrounds are just access to easy gear for me and have been on characters I don't wish to wait 300 hours in que with. It's a means to an end. If the experience is such a big deal to people, Blizzard addressed it with Rated Bgs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Or you can worry about what your character is like and not worry about what/how others are playing. It's not like cheap gems and enchants are suddenly going to make you team win or even better.
    Gems, enchants and even the 350 pvp gear make a tremendous difference. I can actually keep those people alive and giving long enough they can actually kill someone. People in quest greens and the few items they have not enchanted or gemmed can't be kept alive, don't do damage and don't contribute anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    If it bothers you that bad, give them the thousands of gold they will need to fully gem and enchant. If not, get over it.
    Getting green gems and small enchants on Horde side takes 1-5 gold per item at best. On the Alliance side who's pretty much completly dead it takes about twice as much. Nobody expects you to put the best possibly enchant on your weapon and items, but even the smaller ones make a big difference and hardly cost a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    I've done this many times and will continue to do so. PvP ie Battlegrounds are just access to easy gear for me and have been on characters I don't wish to wait 300 hours in que with. It's a means to an end. If the experience is such a big deal to people, Blizzard addressed it with Rated Bgs.
    Hello there PvE leech. So you're doing PvP while hanging out afk somewhere so you can do PvE aftewards, nice! I especially like how you as a non PvPer tell PvPers what battlegrounds and PvP in general is for. Battlegrounds yielding items is merely a bonus and meant for people who actually PvP with said gear. It's not meant as "easy way to gear PvE scrubs".
    As for RBG and Arena, you can't compare that to normal battlegrounds. Obviously you've never done either of them otherwise you'd know. RBG and Arena are more akin to work then actual fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Hello there PvE leech. So you're doing PvP while hanging out afk somewhere so you can do PvE aftewards, nice! I especially like how you as a non PvPer tell PvPers what battlegrounds and PvP in general is for. Battlegrounds yielding items is merely a bonus and meant for people who actually PvP with said gear. It's not meant as "easy way to gear PvE scrubs".
    As for RBG and Arena, you can't compare that to normal battlegrounds. Obviously you've never done either of them otherwise you'd know. RBG and Arena are more akin to work then actual fun.
    Hello Kettle,
    I never said I "afk" somewhere. I do actively take part in the experience, I just have zero intention on wasting gold/time for optimization. Bgs are fun and sometimes "exciting" but they're as important to me as Heroics. They're just a means to an end.

You're complaint that people like me are "bad" for your experience is just as equally turn back on yourself for players like me. In the end, blame Blizzard for poor design.

Deleted
    Hello Kettle,
    I never said I "afk" somewhere. I do actively take part in the experience, I just have zero intention on wasting gold/time for optimization. Bgs are fun and sometimes "exciting" but they're as important to me as Heroics. They're just a means to an end.

You're complaint that people like me are "bad" for your experience is just as equally turn back on yourself for players like me. In the end, blame Blizzard for poor design.
    I'm sorry but the game would be better of without people like you. You're saying that about 200-300 golds to upgrade all of your gear is "wasting gold" when you earn several times that ammount in a single day one the side.

The battlegrounds were never at no point meant for PvE people to leech their gear so they can access raid finder or dungeons. Sadly you're mistaking the possibility of doing so for Blizzard wanting you to do exactly that. Guess what, they don't. It's like you using the parket slots meant for single parents, because afterall they're there and if you're able to use them well that's just bad design and screw those people who'd actually need them!

> mfw I played to 2.4 without any gems in my legs ((

But yeah, its often laziness or just forgetfulness. Or just people being bad. If they play good in shit gear, why care? I rather have a guy in crafted gear who plays the BG objective than the Cataclysmic Gladiator dude who just farms HK's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because what you can do automatically sets a bar for any and every one else, right?

While I personally gem and enchant all my gear (even leveling pieces that I know I won't likely have long), in no way am I asinine enough to expect that of anyone else. Its my choice: just as it is another person's not to.

If you can't grasp that, the fact that not everyone in an MMO plays/thinks the same way you do, or is necessarily capable of things you are.... you might want to consider single player games.
    The reason I said that is because I'm generally an extremely slow money-maker, no matter the game. I've only recently gotten LW and made some really nice gold from it. If I can get LW and sell stuff on the AH, that means others can too.

Also, if you can't be bothered to gem/enchant, then THAT person should consider playing a single player game.

They should just remove ilvl from PvP gear. Just do it.. That way PvE scrubs that leech BGs to get ilvl to get into their LFR wouldnt be there ruining the fun for us.
    Then the only people doing BGs was those that actually want to PvP.

And to all those saying "Omgz, u pvp - go RBG/arena, nub!" Those two things are something you cant even compare to BGs. BGs are relaxing and fun, RBGs and Arena can be stressfull "work-nights", just like progress raiding (Yes I've done that for all expansions except this one), where you have to raid 5 nights a week to keep up etc.
    So if you dont know what you're talking about, dont talk about it *Pointing at all you guys who clearly dont got a clue*.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I'm sorry but the game would be better of without people like you. You're saying that about 200-300 golds to upgrade all of your gear is "wasting gold" when you earn several times that ammount in a single day one the side.

The battlegrounds were never at no point meant for PvE people to leech their gear so they can access raid finder or dungeons. Sadly you're mistaking the possibility of doing so for Blizzard wanting you to do exactly that. Guess what, they don't. It's like you using the parket slots meant for single parents, because afterall they're there and if you're able to use them well that's just bad design and screw those people who'd actually need them!
    Did you hurt yourself falling off the bad comparison bus?

There is a stark comparison between Raiding and Arena just as there is another between LFD and BGS. It could be argued that there is a conceptual social contract you agree to when doing Raiding/Arena to those who you are actively participating with. However, much of that argument doesn't hold two both the design and or community with the latter. I've very rarely inspected someone's gear outside of checking to make sure I wasn't needing on an upgrade for them in LFD. Other than that, it's been years since I've cared about their enchant/gem situation. LFD is a stepping stone and I don't expect people to waste time and or money optimizing for a stepping stone.

That ideology directly translates to my opinion on Random BGS. You're free to bitch all you want about people screwing up your ratings in Arena and Rated Bgs. However, the idea that you or others are pissy because they aren't taking it as "seriously" as you do is nothing more than conjecture. You have an option to play "serious" and at a more directed skill level. You not taking it is your problem, not everyone-else.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    BGs are relaxing and fun, RBGs and Arena can be stressfull "work-nights", just like progress raiding (Yes I've done that for all expansions except this one), where you have to raid 5 nights a week to keep up etc.
    So if you dont know what you're talking about, dont talk about it *Pointing at all you guys who clearly dont got a clue*.
    http://youtu.be/abWi8RiR7FU
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2012-12-11 at 08:46 AM.

If you group with with a friend or 3, BGs are actually pretty fun and relaxing. Just chatting on skype and having a blast.
    Solo queues can be rather fun aswell, depends on your team ofc. When you're queued with a bunch of scrubs, that dont listen then it's hell. Hell, even bots are better than those scrubs.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nonslid View Post
    If you group with with a friend or 3, BGs are actually pretty fun and relaxing. Just chatting on skype and having a blast.
    Solo queues can be rather fun aswell, depends on your team ofc. When you're queued with a bunch of scrubs, that dont listen then it's hell. Hell, even bots are better than those scrubs.
    I think you missed the point, which is funny to me.

You say that they are fun and in a round about way claim that they are supposed to be "fun and not work" yet at the same time complain about other people treating them as "fun" and "not work." You're dictating your opinions and perception on how you view them on others and vilifying those people by not having the same standards as you.

In return, the retort simply could be that YOU are the scrub who is too much of a nub to handle RBG and Arena where the real challenge lies.

Not really my opinion on the subject matter but an equally valid response and view if we are taking yours at any measure too.

Big difference between the prices of high end enchants and low end.

It can cost up to and over 10k to enchant/gem your gear with the best.

It will cost you less then 500g to do the same with encahnts just slightly worse.

Green gems and even some blue gems go for 1-20g, you can buy a stack of green uncut gems and get a JC to cut them and use green ones and sell perfects for a profit.
    Windsong 100-200g <--- most expensive enchant you will need. All the others will cost less.

I think you missed the point, which is funny to me.

You say that they are fun and in a round about way claim that they are supposed to be "fun and not work" yet at the same time complain about other people treating them as "fun" and "not work." You're dictating your opinions and perception on how you view them on others and vilifying those people by not having the same standards as you.

In return, the retort simply could be that YOU are the scrub who is too much of a nub to handle RBG and Arena where the real challenge lies.

Not really my opinion on the subject matter but an equally valid response and view if we are taking yours at any measure too.
    What are you talking about? "Fun and not work" BGs or RBGs? I'm sorry if I'm not understanding you, but English aint my mother tongue.
    If I was unclear about my statement, let my try to retype it:
    I find random BGs fun, when I do it with my friends and have a blast chatting with them on Skype (We're all full decked in PvP gear, so we pretty much top all the tables). So even though we're teamed with the so called "scrubs" (People with questing gear and/or no gems/enchants, wich also dont give a fuck about tactictal movement in capping nodes and flags. And generally stand AFK "Defending"), we dont got a problem with it as we carry the team.
    When I solo queue for BGs, I got a bigger chance of ending in a BG with 50-70% "scrubs", and winning will be as good as impossible - thus making that BG less fun. Yes, I love to win. In anything.

RBGs and Arenas, as this is my first expansion and season actually trying to get higher than 1800 rating and capping each week, is more stressfull and "work-night" than normal BGs. I do have low experience in rated fights, but I do have 8 years of experience from WoW (Both mediocre-core PvE with 4-5 raid nights a week, and casual PvP with my friends). So calling me a scrub.. Well, atleast I dont see my self as a scrub. But hey, you couldnt know - you dont know me at all, and pass that judgement over two forum posts by me.

And to be honest, I'm not "too much of a nub to handle RBG and Arena", but I lack the rating and achievements to get into anything else than "Weekly RBG cap groups", and the very casual RBG with my guild, that got good to no clue about what to do as we're all new to it. So learning something totaly new - "Stressfull and Work-night-ish"
    Arena on the other hand - not my cup of tea, to many OP setups that can faceroll their way to 2.2k, and I'm not to familiar with that either. As I mentioned, never been higher than 1.8k before.

But feel free to call me a scrub if that pleases you, sir.

Call me a bad person but I absolutlely dislike those. Yes I know that everyone had to start at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like having them around, especially not if they mak up 2/3 or even 3/4 of my team and thus I know I might aswell throw the towel because a victory simply isn't going to happen.

Just to top it all off, these people are mostly the worst flamers, don't even try to actually contribute and often are afk/don't do a damn. To me they're parasites leeching of the people who actually do want to play the game so they can get free items. And at what point the expansion is seems to be of no importance, these people with level gear, Cataclysm first season PvP blues with no gems/enchants and other people similar to them simply don't seem to go away, ever.

I do understand that everyone has to start at some point. But there's 350 PvP stuff dirt cheap right from the auction house, the small gems costs 1-5 gold at most and most enchants are just as inexpensive. Yet these people can't even bother to spend such a tiny effort into upgrading their character. Maybe I'm superficial but showing so little concern about their characters possible performance and ways to increase it even though they're so easily available is merely more proof to me that these people are in fact horrible players who can't be bothered to do anything whatsoever right.

I in all honesty loath these people to no end and I'm constantly asking myself. "WHY ARE THEY EVEN PLAYING?!". Because as soon as they leeched their blue honor gear they seem to go inactive on that character and switch onto the other whom they level by leeching battleground weekends and then go through the same process of actively harming their side by leeching items for that character aswell and so on and on...
    Their responses will be "it's just a game"

Always is, lets them think that being stupid and wasting people's time is okay.

Ever since TBC I've had a pve ret, prot and holy set along with pvp ret and holy sets all FULLY gemmed and enchanted. Every single piece. Was I rich? Hell no. I farmed my ass off and made gold by professions and the AH. Was it hard work? Nope. Just took a little motivation not to be lazy and a waste of space in BGs and in raids.

If they thought about others as much as they about themselves they might find it in them to at least buy the cheapest enchants and gems they can buy.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-11 at 10:33 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't know enchants and gems are necessary to down bosses... unless you are in top-10 in the region guild - they are not.