Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    When Blizzard said they were going to use real names on their forums I posted about my disagreement with it...no profanity, nothing vulgar, just a post. They banned me for it.

I canceled my account and to this day they send me resubscribe offers that actually mention their "real names" idea. It's like "We know you quit over our plan to use real names but we aren't doing that now so please come back!"...but they deleted my forum post and banned me about it.
    Really? I cancelled an account during the RID-on-the-official-forums fiasco and I got a whole letter eating crow after they realised what a fucking stupid idea it was.

I love that they apparently had a whole special email inbox (realidfollowup@blizzard.com) just do deal with the backlash.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-12-10 at 05:00 PM.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

few weeks ago had all my old post deleted no warning or ban's or suspensions, just gone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    The moderators in blizz forums gave perma ban after a very first incursion.
    Fucking bastards they are
    Yer, there's no clues what-so-ever in this post which point to why you were banned....

OT

Here are some very simple rules to follow to stay unbanned from the official forum;

1.) If you're starting your own thread, always make sure there's one already talking about the exact topic you want to discuss.

Larger threads show people want to talk about things but because your idea / thoughts / feelings are special they need to go into a brand new one, you get extra bonus forum points for posting the whole thing in CAPS, IT SHOWS YOUR REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT WHAT YOUR SAYING.

2.) If you want a reply from the powers that be, always be sure to add "BLUE POST PLEASE" in the title of your original and though proving thread, they love this and it shows them exactly where to look for all the good feedback.

3.) You never need to explain why you have a problem with anything, simply post random abuse and occasionally throw in words like 'Nerf' for example:

"fucking stupid backward arseholes can't balance death knights for shit, they need a nerf"

This will make much more of an impact than a well thought out reasoned post with actual details to what your problem is.

4.) Any idea that isn't yours is stupid, and you must tell people this or they'll never know. The more obscene your reply to them, the more they'll know just how much you don't like the idea, if you manage to include a racial slur you get extra forum points.

5.) Should a foolish CM delete any of the valuable contributions that you make to the official forums you must always start a new thread to ask why? Again the more profanity you can add to this new thread the greater the chance that they'll back down and put everything back the way it was.

Simply follow these rules and eventually you might even become an MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Really? I cancelled an account during the RID-on-the-official-forums fiasco and I got a whole letter eating crow after they realised what a fucking stupid idea it was.

I love that they apparently had a whole special email inbox (realidfollowup@blizzard.com) just do deal with the backlash.
    Ya, that was one of the letters I got too.

I'm like...you want me to pay you again and you're apologizing but you banned my forum account and won't reverse it?

All one has to do is look at all the empty attacks and bitchfests against Blizzard on their own forums to see nobody is being silenced just for criticizing a Blizzard product.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tornainbow View Post
    Ya, that was one of the letters I got too.

I'm like...you want me to pay you again and you're apologizing but you banned my forum account and won't reverse it?
    Maybe try calling them and see if you can straighten it out?

I don't know if that works for forum stuff but can't hurt to try.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

I definitely agree on wow forum mods being abusive, thats why i stopped going there long ago.

I got perma-banned from the Blizzard forums calling someone a retard (which said person was acting just like it).

Blizzard mods are completely unhinged. And if you do something they don't like, they will go to town on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    If you are not enjoying the game, you migth as well quit.
    Who taught you to be a quitter?

If there are aspects of the game you don't enjoy, speak up. Blizzard listens to its customers and constructive criticism is always welcomed. It sounds like the OP was not as "constructive" as Blizzard would like, but the lesson to be learned isn't "When the going gets tough, give up". OP should modify his behavior, construct a reasonable argument and try again.

If, one day, he logs on to play and discovers that the bad outweighs the good and, after trying, believes that the parts of the game he finds lacking will not change - then he should let go. However, this "if you don't like it, quit" attitude that I see around here is for the weak. If you don't like it, fix it. You're the same kind of person who will go to a restaurant, order pancakes and won't say jack squat when the waitress brings waffles.

Don't eat the fucking waffles. You need to tell Blizzard to bring you your damn pancakes because waffles are for hippies.
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-12-11 at 03:32 AM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I remember making a topic one time, where I laid out all the drawbacks and shortcomings the current kick feature had, namely that in the end it benefits griefers and didn't resolve the issue of GM's getting bombarded with tickets about griefers. It was top rated and had several pages of constructive feedback, and then one day I got banned for 48 hours because I said the word 'Meth'.

Oddly enough I didn't get mad about it, laughed, and went about my business. If Blizzard doesn't want feedback, let them twist in the wind in my opinion.

My first incursion and I got perma ban..and that too for a joke.
    Blizz CMs = Retarded Monkeys with power in their hands
    Last edited by vpywow; 2012-12-11 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    My first incursion and I got perma ban..and that too for a joke.
    Blizz CMs = Retarded Monkeys with power in their hands
    Blizzard's forums are not the platform for your offensive jokes. Get over it.

We regret to implement such severe action, but at times it is necessary to maintain a positive forum environment.
    That's the thing, though, the Battle.net forums are a craphole of awfulness. Not necessarily due to anything Blizzard does or doesn't do, but honestly there's no reason anyone who values his or her sanity would participate.

I'm not sure why they're SO bad. Maybe there are too many people who think Encyclopedia Dramatica is a style guide for "How to Post on the Internets."

Anyway, all of you who've been permabanned, YOU are better off because of it. The Battle.net forums will continue to suck of course.

Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    I can honestly agree with you. The newer mods on the Battle.net forums have become too ban happy, and the forums themselves have had too much automation implemented in the ban process. Also, good luck on getting any ban on their forums overturned (even if it unjustly applied).

Here's the email I received from blizzard.

I am currently banned still on the forums after their reporting system banned me because of one person going through and reporting over 200 posts that I had made (most of them in the Technical Support forum, providing help to some of the players who were having issues, and the ones that were in the Realm forums). All because of me posting in their thread, attempting to provide help, then because I didn't have blue color for a post, going off on me.

I replied back with, "There was no reason for you to become an a*****e over my post. I was attempting to help you solve the issue, and speed up the process of getting a blue poster the information that they would ask for if they reply. Seeing as how you can't appreciate someone trying to help you out, I'll stop posting here".

After that post, the original poster said, "ill be surprised if you ever post again on here. scrubs and wannabe like you need to stop helping. i want a fucking blue to answer me not a fucker who dont know shit".

I went to update a post on the realm forums the next day, dealing with my guild's recruitment needs, and saw that it had been flagged as reported (the bio hazard symbol). Checking a few posts in the Technical Support forums where I was helping out some other players who were having PC issues, all of them flagged as reported. Even my reply back to the guy was flagged as being reported. Not even an hour later, while submitting a post, i get notified that my forum accout was permabanned for obscene language (only post that I had made that had anything obscene in it was the one stating that the poster didn't have to be an asshole).

I sent 16 emails to wowreportedpost@blizzard.com (which is the one that the email stating I had been banned said to reply to as far as appealing went), over a six month period with NO single answer back. I sent out a post to BlizzardCS on facebook, explaining the ban, and got told, "Customer service can't do anything regarding the forums. All we can do is contact a moderator of the forums and have them contact you back". Ok, whatever, already waited for six damn months at this point. Finally hear back from a moderator last week, who states the following:

Prior suspension history...never had any actions taken on my forum account since the original forums opened up, and only had posted about 200 times since the newer battle.net forums. Contacted customer service back, again told them the situation, and explained to them that I have not had any prior suspensions or any actions taken on my forum account. Got this email last night:
    sounds familiar, I got a ban on my first offense as well.

considering the forums are nazi germany when it comes to posts criticizing blizzard, I dont care too much. but it's still annoying, considering I had a normal post history.

in any case I find these forums far more interesting, and I can actually voice my opinions without fear. like naxx drakes showing up on the bmah. WHAT THE FUCK BLIZZARD? is nothing sacred?

my offense: calling pre-nerf stampede "fucking stupid" in the arena forums, since army of the dead isnt usable in arenas but that is.
    Last edited by Moradim; 2012-12-11 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Right.....care to show evidence?

EDIT: I can't say if all posts are removed. If that's true then it's likely just a function on how the forums work.
    I have been perma banned and temp banned on multiple accounts on multiple sections of the EU forums (usually for mentioning a CM/GM in a negative fashion). I can tell you with certainty that since the new forums went up deletion of posts is manual. I've had times where none of my posts were deleted, times where only a selection were, and times where I was wiped entirely.

My only conclusion is that the CM's probably have an idea of the more frequent names on their forums, and if they don't like you for some reason they have the power to wipe your post history just because.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Favlos View Post
    IIRC it comes back after the suspension.
    i've had that happen before and no it doesnt. your posts STAY deleted. 1400+ pages of posts deleted.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2012-12-11 at 10:16 AM.

Look at the CRZ threads that keep cropping up like weeds in the Heartland, and Ghostcrawler's latest tweets about Players. Its pretty obvious good ole Greg is butt-hurt that his pet project isnt getting love. He should just shut the hell up, remove it, and get out of the business while he's still ahead.

Yo GC, try and show some respect to your playerbase /cast Busshock
    I respect our players a great deal or I wouldn't make such an effort to do this. That does not mean game design is up for a vote. (Source)

Game Design is a Vote. We vote with our wallets, and and he listens to it as Cataclysm showed.

Ghostcrawler might think he's got the cards, but without the player's he's just a unemployable middle aged hack. I mean who the hell would hire him after he runs WoW, the most successful MMO ever off the cliff? No one except Activision, and they want to sell games so.. yeah..
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2012-12-11 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    I can't, they erased all of it.

Well, I have an apology mail from Blizzard explaining that my 48 hours ban was made PERMANENT "by mistake".

Besides, that Lylirra or something like that had "secret troll accounts" that she used to provoke people she didn't like into "violations" for banning purposes. And no, since the Blizzard staff got her, they swept all under the rug.
    This sounds like someone who got banned by mistake and now sees a big conspiracy. There is zero evidence and tons of speculations on your side.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    Look at the CRZ threads that keep cropping up like weeds in the Heartland, and Ghostcrawler's latest tweets about Players. Its pretty obvious good ole Greg is butt-hurt that his pet project isnt getting love. He should just shut the hell up, remove it, and get out of the business while he's still ahead.

Yo GC, try and show some respect to your playerbase /cast Busshock
    I respect our players a great deal or I wouldn't make such an effort to do this. That does not mean game design is up for a vote. (Source)

Game Design is a Vote. We vote with our wallets, and and he listens to it as Cataclysm showed.

Ghostcrawler might think he's got the cards, but without the player's he's just a unemployable middle aged hack. I mean who the hell would hire him after he runs WoW, the most successful MMO ever off the cliff? No one except Activision, and they want to sell games so.. yeah..
    Im actually pretty sure that most gaming companies in the world wouldn't mind getting him on their team one way or another. Its just that all butthurt players always wanna blame everything on him like he is devil.

I mean if he is really as bad at his job as you seem to think he is, are you really tht naive to think that Blizzard (one of the worlds biggest and most succesful gaming companies) would keep him around and let him continue to "destroy" the company like you and others seem to think? I mean seriously....

I didnt say he was bad at his job. I said that he listens to the vote of the wallet. Gaming companies wont hire someone to run a game if they feel that move is going to cost them in the stores. Look at Diablo 3's "success". I'm not Naive. I'm just a realist. Treat people like shit and you lose customers. Lose enough and it doesnt matter if your the best in the world at what you do.

He is destroying Blizzard, not from inability to make cool stuff. But because his style of PR pisses people off. But hey, we'll just see what the next Subscription Numbers are. If their stable? I was wrong. But if they tanked, fire him for a +5 to your Rep Blizzard. xD