Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    If they don't use the mouse cursor to click the skill icons they are not clickers.
    Damn those mouseoverer scrubs! /fistshake
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reaction time is everything.

I am a 50% hybrid but I was using Bartender to have all the icon near one of each other, I didnt loose much time while clicking on my spells.

and I was top meter never had a dps problem

The only place I had to re-ajust was while doing arena, so i didnt waste my time on that

Some guys in my guild had this kind of discussion that you need to be a a keyboard players and they didnt want any clicker's in their 10 men super group and they suck the shit up, so let's chill the fuck out about clicking and keyboarding mmmmkay

Quote Originally Posted by Mephismo View Post
    It means we Don’t give a shit about being the best.
    Some of us can have fun coming last with style.
    Rotation is when I spin around in my chair.
    I've always thought that whatever helps me play better makes the game more enjoyable. I'm not trying to be the best. I'm just trying to enjoy the game and play well.

If I told you I could show you how to do your job more efficiently in less time, and that it would be easier, why would you say, "no thanks"?
    Last edited by Ayonel; 2012-12-11 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    i do both i guess, most of my combat spells are keybinded, but i dont use like 50 binds like some people do. probably about 20 in total at max. but i still click a few spells, usually cooldowns or things that are not that important. until wotlk i 90% clicked apart from "1/2/3/4" i did alright in pvp, i was a very fast clicker, but i slowly started using more and more keybinds. and im pretty happy with where i am now. i still forget what keybind is which when changing characters, thats the reason i dont add more yet.
    not all clickers are bad, i couldn't play like it anymore but back in TBC i pretty good with clicking, but i use to have very large action bars so i could click them quicker and easier.

i remember in TBC a lot of guilds asked to see a screenshot of your UI when asking to join, to make sure you wasnt a clicker, i made my ui look like i wasnt a clicker for a while to get into a rather good guild, was in it raiding for a few months in TBC and they had no idea i was a clicker.
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2012-12-11 at 01:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hybrid. My gaming roots go back to CS and DoD and such, so AWSD are my bread and butter and I am not slow about it. Using the mouse for rotation and the keys for movement work fine for me. No problem circling jerks on the rogue and such. I am also proficient at using all of my fingers to push keybinds I have set up for rotations and such. Long CDs and such I click manually, but they are conveniently located on my UI so it's minimal mouse movement.

I was a clicker for years, and now I have a naga, and I'm barely faster than I used to be.

In fact, when using any abilities that have a modifier, like shift or control, I'm actually slower than I used to be. I don't get how people can reach keybinds with their left hand, mine is just so much slower than my right that moving my fingers to a button is notably slower than moving my mouse to one. Unless me finger is actually on the button, clicking is faster than using my left hand for me.
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

10+ Year Old Account
    im a keyboard turner/clicker.....i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the OP. A clicker is someone who clicks all of their abilities on the UI with the mouse cursor. Rather than key binding.

Personally I feel like keybinding opens up a whole new play style and Improves your gameplay. Once you start key binding you can:
    1) You can use your mouse to move you character/camera
    2) Using keybindings really makes it so you can sharpen your rotation and get every spell exactly on the GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by evdawg6543 View Post
    Regarding the OP. A clicker is someone who clicks all of their abilities on the UI with the mouse cursor. Rather than key binding.

Personally I feel like keybinding opens up a whole new play style and Improves your gameplay. Once you start key binding you can:
    1) You can use your mouse to move you character/camera
    2) Using keybindings really makes it so you can sharpen your rotation and get every spell exactly on the GCD.
    That last bit there depends entirely on your latency.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hold up. So you heal using only the default UI and keybinds? The vast majority of top end healers use mouse-overs and that is, by definition, clicking.
    lol bro, mouseovers aint clicking...if you think so, then you are terribly wrong my friend, because i heal with mouseovers and grid on my resto druid and my upcoming priest...and with mouseovers, you never need to click anything, just hover your cursor over someone....so whomever told you or where ever you got the notion that mouseovers are clicking....is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by kage View Post
    And this is the attitude I was talking about. This insistence that certain techniques are the only way to play if you wanna be good.

Different people have different strengths and weaknesses and what works for some might not work for others. To be a good player one needs to do what plays best to you. No matter if it's clicking, macros, or playing while sitting upside-down. Sadly in my opinion too many players overlook this.
    It's an overused statement though.
    Unless we're talking about disabled people i'm pretty sure you wouldn't say that for basketball in wheelchairs vs people running about, which basically is what a clicker vs a keybinder is.
    Not going into the rest of the discussion about why it's bad, since we have tons of threads with that.

A clicker, to me, is one that use mouse to press vital keys in the rotation. They might even still use the mouse to run around at the same time, but can have bound movements to the keyboard.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away