Thread: If we would...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Its hilarious how much elitists QQ over a color. nothing more.

Heroics used to give epics. a next tier of dungeons would come out and give all epics they cried SO HARD. omg, welfare epics!

Now heroics give blues. everyone is ok with heroics because they aren't purple anymore.

but LFR's give purples. OMG! WELFARE PURPLES!

you can take an item, any item. exact same model, exact same stats. give one blue letters and give one purple letters. elitists will have a problem with people wearing the purple one, but ok with people wearing the blue one.

Special Snowflake Syndrome. thats all it is.

So the grand fix? Just recolor all of LFR gear's names blue with no regard to itemization or stat weights. Just recolor it, problem solved.
    Last edited by Hodenkrieg; 2012-12-11 at 06:03 PM.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Hey look! It's this topic again. I'm still of the same opinion as the last few times: LFR's loot is part of the content and it's meant to allow everyone access to the "bargain bin" versions of raid epics. If there was no "tangible" reward for doing LFR then the queue times would be several hours long. (Or at least they would when enough people realize they aren't just losing loot rolls and blizzard didn't just remove the consolation gold.)

Most raiders, and by that I mean people who do normal/heroic modes but "lfr raiders" isn't something I would get upset over, don't actually raid that many hours a week and haven't progressed passed Garalon (N). That's just how it is. LFR gives them an alternate method of gearing up and learning fights.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Hey look! It's this topic again. I'm still of the same opinion as the last few times: LFR's loot is part of the content and it's meant to allow everyone access to the "bargain bin" versions of raid epics. If there was no "tangible" reward for doing LFR then the queue times would be several hours long. (Or at least they would when enough people realize they aren't just losing loot rolls and blizzard didn't just remove the consolation gold.)

Most raiders, and by that I mean people who do normal/heroic modes but "lfr raiders" isn't something I would get upset over, don't actually raid that many hours a week and haven't progressed passed Garalon (N). That's just how it is. LFR gives them an alternate method of gearing up and learning fights.
    yet again. I vehemently dissagree with the statement that it serves no purpose without loot. I ran lfr will of the emperor a number of times prepatory to my guild downing elegon JUST SO THAT I COULD LEARN THE DANCE MECHANIC.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

LFR is quite a challenge for a whole bunch of people i see there so all is fine. Its a nice way to equip alts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    But won't the people running LFR see that they get to see content, then prepare to raid normals. I don't say to join a hardcore guild and go pro 5 times a week, maybe a casual guild raiding 1-2 days per week clearing normal modes and progress at their own pace?

People should be inspired to move beyond LFR.
    And for people who have zero interest in playing this game on a fixed schedule? Why not remove gear from normals and heroics as well, and simply have titles and mounts as the reward for doing those modes?

Really, I think the bigger issue for some players here (not you specifically) isn't so much the existence of loot in the lfr, but the idea that the lfr's existence is another step towards minimizing the need for guilds for the very average, very casual player.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Maybe there are adults that play for enjoyment and dont have set schedules that allow 'raiding' in your sense. Maybe, Blizzard is trying to appeal to MORE people, instead of catering to the <20 crowd that sit at home living off their parents and spending their parent's money to play Wow.

Now I have a question for YOU, Would YOU do normal or heroic raids if they didn't drop anything, and if you could never have higher gear than say um.. 463?

And you are right, people should be inspired. Perhaps, something will inspire you to think beyond your own selfish agenda which is detrimental to the game, and be inspired to support things that attract more people to the game, and perhaps you might be inspired to realize that more players equals more dollars for Blizzard to spend on development for yes, you guessed it, more content
    ^^
    What he says, for the most part.

I'm a dad and have a full-time job. If i had the time, i would ASPIRE to get better at playing a GAME. Since i have fleeting random moments between changing diapers, cooking dinner, playing with my kids, i still think that having LFR w/LOOT doesn't hurt anyone.

I do think the OP has a rather short sited focus...I mean not EVERYONE wants to be a PRO gamer, and if games are developed for the 1% there would be no game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think you're looking at this the right way. Not everybody wants to or even should aspire to be in a raiding guild, casual or otherwise. My schedule is chaotic and prohibits it, and while I was a very hardcore raider back in the day I really don't miss it, but I do still enjoy being able to log in to WoW and join LFR whenever I want to and be able to do something. It's progression for my character and quite honestly it has no impact whatsoever on anyone that's in a normal raiding guild and thus I don't see why they seem to care. Why do you think that everyone should have the same goals as you? Normal raiding on a set schedule isn't for everyone, and it in no way hinders you for more casual players or players without a fixed schedule to be able to get lesser gear than you for less work. At all.
    and what you are getting wrong is that I am just contributing my oppinion to the conversation. I am not on some grand crusade to smash "baddies", "casuals", "LFR heroes". or any of the other monicers attached. I am simply stating that LFR would server a better purpose AS a step down from regular for the (fill in the blank) players without it being a watered down loot piniata. simply stated if you have no interest in raiding then go do things not related to raiding. seems very strait forward. and yet we have players who claim to have no interest in raiding yet want to run around with little replicas of what raiders are wearing saying "look at me I did it too just on raid finder". people should be honest with themselves before even attempting to be disshonest with everyone else. secretly 90% of players who are in raid finder and get up in arms about threads voicing consern over the direction it has taken want to be raiders but do not want to put the effort into excelling at the game.

Yeah they should remove all loot from LFR and regular raid,
    also all point from regular BG to inspire people to move beyond LFR and BG and move to Heroic Raid, RBG and 2200 arena and up.

Only RBG of 2300 and arena team with 2200 and over should be allowed to receive loot and conquest

Also, are you looking to kill sha after you already kill him ? People should move beyond all loot pinata

/sarcasm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think you're looking at this the right way. Not everybody wants to or even should aspire to be in a raiding guild, casual or otherwise. My schedule is chaotic and prohibits it, and while I was a very hardcore raider back in the day I really don't miss it, but I do still enjoy being able to log in to WoW and join LFR whenever I want to and be able to do something. It's progression for my character and quite honestly it has no impact whatsoever on anyone that's in a normal raiding guild and thus I don't see why they seem to care. Why do you think that everyone should have the same goals as you? Normal raiding on a set schedule isn't for everyone, and it in no way hinders you for more casual players or players without a fixed schedule to be able to get lesser gear than you for less work. At all.
    That's how I feel about it too. I was never in a raiding guild since I've only ever been in a tiny friends guild and we've never had enough players on to even attempt a raid let alone have enough players with the skill (some of the players can barely do random heroics). LFR has been awesome as it allows me to see the current content, and even potentially get a tier set (which all the class guides assume you have and allows me to actually follow the rotation they recommend). In no way do I feel like a raider. I don't even pretend that I am one. The only real raiding I even attempted was BH and that's easy mode.

Real raiders have their gear and I would love to get my hands on it but I have zero desire to actually raid to get it (I even hate using vent, even though my guildies want me on it all the time). I'm never going to schedule my time around a video game, however I will try the best that I can and try and get the best loot that I'm willing to commit to.

judgementofantonidas - I do respect your opinion and you've been honest. Most arguments against LFR seem to be epeen stroking.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-12-11 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xfreeder View Post
    LFR is quite a challenge for a whole bunch of people i see there so all is fine. Its a nice way to equip alts, too.
    LFR boss one. group the bosses which can also be solo tanked aoe them down collect loot or gold
    LFR boss two. don't bother to grab the special ability items stand through earthquake recieving little dammage solo tank collect.
    LFR boss three. don't bother with tank cooldowns to save insta gib on voodoo doll players, dont stack healer and dps buff collect.

need I go on? if that is considered in any way challenging maybe webster has the word defined wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    and what you are getting wrong is that I am just contributing my oppinion to the conversation. I am not on some grand crusade to smash "baddies", "casuals", "LFR heroes". or any of the other monicers attached. I am simply stating that LFR would server a better purpose AS a step down from regular for the (fill in the blank) players without it being a watered down loot piniata. simply stated if you have no interest in raiding then go do things not related to raiding. seems very strait forward. and yet we have players who claim to have no interest in raiding yet want to run around with little replicas of what raiders are wearing saying "look at me I did it too just on raid finder". people should be honest with themselves before even attempting to be disshonest with everyone else. secretly 90% of players who are in raid finder and get up in arms about threads voicing consern over the direction it has taken want to be raiders but do not want to put the effort into excelling at the game.
    So, to simplify, you're mad that you can't parade around in your cool gear models and stand out and garner attention from all the lowly scrubs in their poor gear sets.

You're saying these people are just mad because they want to look like raiders, and in turn point out that you're just mad your gear insn't unique from them.

Quote Originally Posted by dryankem View Post
    That's how I feel about it too. I was never in a raiding guild since I've only ever been in a tiny friends guild and we've never had enough players on to even attempt a raid let alone have enough players with the skill (some of the players can barely do random heroics). LFR has been awesome as it allows me to see the current content, and even potentially get a tier set (which all the class guides assume you have and allows me to actually follow the rotation they recommend). In no way do I feel like a raider. I don't even pretend that I am one. The only real raiding I even attempted was BH and that's easy mode.

Real raiders have their gear and I would love to get my hands on it but I have zero desire to actually raid to get it. I'm never going to schedule my time around a video game, however I will try the best that I can and try and get the best loot that I'm willing to commit to.

judgementofantonidas - I do respect your opinion and you've been honest. Most arguments against LFR seem to be epeen stroking.
    in my oppinion I have a small peen of any kind. I am just an avid though average raider. I complete the conten, normally all heroic modes in and expansion with hard work and a lot of hollering, swapping of players, and down right sleepless nights. I would have it no other way, well thats a lie, if I could convince some top tier upper crust elitists to come show me how to improve I would take the help. heh

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 01:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hodenkrieg View Post
    So, to simplify, you're mad that you can't parade around in your cool gear models and stand out and garner attention from all the lowly scrubs in their poor gear sets.

You're saying these people are just mad because they want to look like raiders, and in turn point out that you're just mad your gear insn't unique from them.
    and your statments are laughable because they are only designed to point the finger and continue the discussion not based on solid facts or even not so solid oppinions but simply by slandering other people based on thier honest oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    and your statments are laughable because they are only designed to point the finger and continue the discussion not based on solid facts or even not so solid oppinions but simply by slandering other people based on thier honest oppinion.
    So despite the fact that my opinion is practically identical to yours, but from the other side, its baseless and irrelevant? your opinion is just like my opinion - an opinion.

you claim LFR hero's just want to look like raiders
    I claim elitists want to look cooler than LFR heros.

but yours is an opinion based on absolute fact and reason, and mine is just the ramblings of a madman.

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Perhaps you aren't aware, people in LFR are the vast majority of the 'raiders'... its those dollars that they invest in Warcraft that ALLOW the development of raids, the content you so preciously covet. Do you truly think that if LFR didn't exist that you'd have 5 raids and 16 bosses to kill in MOP? If you do, then you are delusional.
    Why are you attacking the OP, he did not in any way say that "casuals" (lack of better term) do not "deserve" loot. he doesn't want to cockblock anyone, he is just asking if people would still do LFR to "see" the content if it didn't drop loot. no need to get all defensive m8.

As for me, i probably wouldn't play wow if they removed loot. gear and stats are a big part of the game that i happen to enjoy a lot. i like being able to improve my character after max level.
    <start epic wow theme>
    A world of limitless adventure. We cast the lords of shadow and flame back into the abyss.
    <more epic wow theme>
    We held the line against the rising tide of death itself.
    <epic music peaks>
    We have endured the breaking of the world.Now we face the Destroyer and we will end him.
    <cue Bennny Hill music>Pandas! Pokemon!

Real raiders have their gear and I would love to get my hands on it but I have zero desire to actually raid to get it (I even hate using vent, even though my guildies want me on it all the time). I'm never going to schedule my time around a video game, however I will try the best that I can and try and get the best loot that I'm willing to commit to.

and on another asside. we run multiple groups for all skill levels in my guild. yes, even people who cannot tell right from left with colored shoe laces. The progression group now takes one player from guild and clears MSV with them weekly our first day of raiding taking roughly two hours. so the statements about not having time to be in a dedicated raiding guild really tend to fall on deaf ears with me considering if our players are patient, support the guild in THIER way, they get to COMPLETE the content in THIER alloted time span. This is much more than they would accomplish in a solo, these have been my friends forever, or I don't have the time capacity.

People that run it on LFR are doing the designed LFR mechanics like the ones that run on normal are doing the designed normal mechanics and the ones on heroic doing the designed heroic mechanics. It is rationally impossible to argue that you can remove the rewards from one without simultaneously arguing for removing the rewards of all.

Now, if the rewards for LFR were nothing but points and gold, most people's experience wouldn't change much, so they'd probably still run it. But that's not the same as trying to snidely act like it's the only difficulty that shouldn't have a reward incentive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakzlol View Post
    If loot in LFR would be removed. What do you think the communitys reaction would be?

Raid finder is there to let people who don't have the time to see raids, but in some peoples eyes it should not drop loot. I think we can all say safely 95% of the people who run LFR do it for the gear and don't give a rats ass about seeing the content itself.

If loot was removed, and Blizzards statement would be "It's there to let you see content, not use as a loot pinata"

What would be the communitys reaction?
    Discuss.
    Then no one would do it, if this were to happen, then the same would happen to normal and heroic. We go there for the experience, but also the loot. If nothing to gain then no one to go. I bet you don't only do your Normal/HC raids just to see the fights. You do it for gear so you can get better (For LFR and Normal runners sakes, then you do the fight to get further and into the next difficulty).

This ain't really about loot, am I right? Sorry to be harsh, but this thread leans more on the subject off, "Remove the LFR epics so the rest of us can feel special".

I mean, I saw a comment from you (OP) that Normal were doing the mechanics as they intended too but what about Heroic? Can the heroic people look down on normal people and say, "Hey, you aren't doing it like us, why should you have epics?".

This can continue on..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shocktopuslol View Post
    Why are you attacking the OP, he did not in any way say that "casuals" (lack of better term) do not "deserve" loot. he doesn't want to cockblock anyone, he is just asking if people would still do LFR to "see" the content if it didn't drop loot. no need to get all defensive m8.

As for me, i probably wouldn't play wow if they removed loot. gear and stats are a big part of the game that i happen to enjoy a lot. i like being able to improve my character after max level.
    Its a dumb question which EVERYONE knew the answer of without ever having to ask. The real point of this thread was exactly what PMHodenkrieg posted....

elitists want to look cooler than LFR heroes

Its an old argument and is the only reason for this post.

Counter proposal:

Reduce the subscription fees for people who don't raid. Why should they pay for your content if they aren't getting to see it?

You want to raid? Pay full subscription price to access it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    People that run it on LFR are doing the designed LFR mechanics like the ones that run on normal are doing the designed normal mechanics and the ones on heroic doing the designed heroic mechanics. It is rationally impossible to argue that you can remove the rewards from one without simultaneously arguing for removing the rewards of all.

Now, if the rewards for LFR were nothing but points and gold, most people's experience wouldn't change much, so they'd probably still run it. But that's not the same as trying to snidely act like it's the only difficulty that shouldn't have a reward incentive.
    nothing snide about it. they should either include all of the mechanics but make them do less dammage, instead of dropping what would surely be raid wipers even at lower levels of dammage or make the rewards suit the effort. I would firmly agree with it being a gold only answer at the current LFR difficulty. But there are many more changes that need to be made to make LFR less of a circus. one should be feedback REQUIRED in a text box when someone is booted from raid. if a person is booted a number of times for reasons such as trolling, afking, anything negative and it is supported by the majority of the raid who clicked yes to the vote kick then that players account should become inelligible for LFR for a suitable ammount of time just like temp, longer, perma, bans. If someone is kicked with no majority support, lets take for instance there is a large guild group in the LFR and they just do not like that individual and push a vote kick, then that person could be made NON kickable for a suitable amount of time.

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 01:35 PM ----------

Its a dumb question which EVERYONE knew the answer of without ever having to ask. The real point of this thread was exactly what PMHodenkrieg posted....

elitists want to look cooler than LFR heroes

Its an old argument and is the only reason for this post.
    it may have been the original reason for the post, or not. that doesn't matter. having people from both sides of the debate make reasonalbe arguemenst for thier case is the point of any thread.