Deleted

How's this not enough for streaming?

I'm having troubles setting up my stream in any way I can. It just seems that any setting I choose my CPU is always at 100% load. Even if it goes to 100%, it doesn't worry me that much. What does, is that as soon as I open Xsplit window even w/o streaming, it just eats everything it can. When I start streaming at 1080p it just seems I'm on a outdated system, which is not

I've been messing with every setting I could, both in Xsplit and the game I choose and nothing seems to work for me. Is my i5-2500k @4.4 just not enough for this task?How come people using non-overclocked 2600k can pull this off?Just the hyperthreading helps that much? I've even tried to stream at 720p, it's better, but I just can't get over the thought that I can't do so on 1080p.

In wow for example I need to reduce setting to medium/high to maintain stable 60fps in game, not to mention that the afterwards recorded stream looks choppy as hell.. Not to mention any other title that came out this year..

Are there any recommendations how to improve my performance?

Xsplit settings
    Speedtest
    Pc in the sig.

1080p streaming is very very hard on the CPU, I was never able to manage a fully optimal 1080p stream on my 2600k (I'm on a 3930k now). I'd suggest lowering the quality to ~7 (the difference between 7 and 10 isn't noticeable except when perfectly still, and even then it's marginal for the CPU wiggle room you gain otherwise).

Streaming is VERY CPU intensive, don't expect to do perfect 1080p streaming while raiding (25man) with zero FPS drop -- it just won't happen. To put things in perspective, I run a very high quality 1080p stream that still drops to ~30 fps mid combat in heavy 25man raid settings, and ~40-45fps during 25man raid encounters that aren't quite as intensive -- this is more of a limitation with the graphics engine than anything, and running a source of the game (where it hooks to the game itself) typically causes fps drops for whatever reason regardless. Streaming just isn't as streamlined as it needs to be yet to minimize the impact on hooking to the game itself
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2012-12-10 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    I've even tried to stream at 720p, it's better, but I just can't get over the thought that I can't do so on 1080p.
    Looks like you're answering your own question there. Drop quality because your current computer is not up for it. 720p is good enough for stream watching anyway. If you really need to hit 1080p you need either dedicated video capture hardware or go for i7-3930X for more cores. i7-2600K or 3770K isn't enough.

Video compression is slow. i5-2500K at 4.4GHz runs BluRay quality 1080p compression at about 10fps, and that's without WoW running which is also major CPU power drain.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

The cheapest alternative would be to simply lower the quality of the stream, as stated above. Needles to say it will increase FPS ingame and will improve the stability of the stream.

The middle ground would be to invest in a powerful cooler like the closed loop water cooled Corsair H100i, H80 or air cooled Noctua NH-D14 among others. Then you simply overclock the shit out your CPU. 4.4GHZ is decent, but clocking it higher to 4.8 or 4.9 would improve the situation.

The most expensive, at least 500USD+ would be to simply buy an Intel 6 core like the 3930K or the 3970x and overclock it.

The reason why users with a i7-2600K achieves better results is because the CPU supports hyper threading. I can't think of any other reason, in core clock it's virtually identical.
    Last edited by MMKing; 2012-12-10 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Well, thanks for the input. Not to say I'm disappointed, but seems kinda too much for it then. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    Well, thanks for the input. Not to say I'm disappointed, but seems kinda too much for it then. Thanks again.
    Not really. You can buy a streaming card which shouldn't bring any load to your cpu at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3OGy...ature=g-user-u

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest I really don't see a difference in 720/1080p streams, Long as the bitrate is high enough around 3200 or so it looks the same. But if you really wanna stream in 1080 id buy a Aver Media Card.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    To be honest I really don't see a difference in 720/1080p streams, Long as the bitrate is high enough around 3200 or so it looks the same. But if you really wanna stream in 1080 id buy a Aver Media Card.
    Something like such a card is a lot more noobfriendly and especially much better which should be always effective in the future.

Deleted
    Wow, that's a nice solution, but I don't know if it'll be compatible with my monitor which needs dual-dvi cable, and in the video I haven't seen any except hdmi Quick search says I can get it here for 230$, I think I don't need it now

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Looks like you're answering your own question there. Drop quality because your current computer is not up for it. 720p is good enough for stream watching anyway. If you really need to hit 1080p you need either dedicated video capture hardware or go for i7-3930X for more cores. i7-2600K or 3770K isn't enough.

Video compression is slow. i5-2500K at 4.4GHz runs BluRay quality 1080p compression at about 10fps, and that's without WoW running which is also major CPU power drain.
    WoW is not a drain on your cpu at all, even in 25m Raids where WoW is playing like trash nothing in the background is even remotely hindered. Never has a problem w/ Borderless windowed WoW running and BF3 running both "foreground". WoW does not use the CPU properly, it is not a major drain otherwise you'd see higher CPU usage. Further more you can stream on an i5-2500k @ 1920x1080, all tho I'd suggest like 1920x1xxx for a banner etc. We see now net speed packet loss or ping, all of those things can make your stream look horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Further more you can stream on an i5-2500k @ 1920x1080
    OP can't do that and neither can I, so I disagree with that.

With WoW graphics set to high my framerate drops to 10-15 range when trying to do 3mbps 1080p stream or direct capture to local HDD while flying solo around Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

With WoW graphics set to high my framerate drops to 10-15 range when trying to do 3mbps 1080p stream or direct capture to local HDD while flying solo around Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    Man can i get a link to that stream it sounds super exciting flying around the vale .
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    Man can i get a link to that stream it sounds super exciting flying around the vale .
    Testing. Look it up from a dictionary if necessary.

Testing is something which can show you if the streaming settings work or not before making the link public. And 1080p did not work.
    Trolling should be.

Calm down it was a joke lawlz
    CPU:i5 4670k@4.3Ghz GPU:Gigabyte GTX760 WF3 Mobo:Asrock Z87E-ITX RAM:8Gb GSkill Ares@1600MhzCase:Atomic Orange Bit Fenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i HDD:1Tb WD Cav Black SSD: Samsung 830 128Gb PSU:Seasonic M2II620 KB:Razer Black Widow Mouse:Razer Naga 2014

What is your point that you cannot? Twitch has a magnitude of perfect streams ranging from i5's to i7's @ 1920x1080 w/ maximum graphics, and not choppy and or terrible looking. Oh yea I am sorry I completely neglected that I have a captured card doing everything >.< my fault entirely.

I should have went over this before hand and it completely slipped my mind, the reason you are having issues streaming are unknown to me w/o more details on your pc network and internet connection, as realistically each piece can do what your specifying. Sounds crazy but the data being clogged and shitty will do this, now the simplest and most IDEAL way to stream is w/ a capture card, now this is the simple and ideal way but nothing is simple about finding a quality cap card, you really need one that is going to alleviate stress and not just rely on the cpu to do some of its work.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-12-11 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    What is your point that you cannot? Twitch has a magnitude of perfect streams ranging from i5's to i7's @ 1920x1080 w/ maximum graphics, and not choppy and or terrible looking. Oh yea I am sorry I completely neglected that I have a captured card doing everything >.< my fault entirely.

I should have went over this before hand and it completely slipped my mind
    Yeah, that was kinda the point of the thread. There are multiple confirmations that plain i5 is not enough for 1080p capture, including you
    Trolling should be.

Yeah, that was kinda the point of the thread. There are multiple confirmations that plain i5 is not enough for 1080p capture, including you
    Is a stock 2600k enough for streaming?

Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Is a stock 2600k enough for streaming?
    Very much doubt it. See the very first reply to this thread.

Also considering I drop to 15fps with 2500K and 2600K is only about 15-20% faster it shouldn't be anywhere nearly enough.
    Trolling should be.

You should try OBS(Open Broadcast Software) and see if you feel any difference. Some people say it works better than xsplit, might be worth trying out.

Quote Originally Posted by xrayEU View Post
    You should try OBS(Open Broadcast Software) and see if you feel any difference. Some people say it works better than xsplit, might be worth trying out.
    That's what I'm using atm. And no, it won't do miracles. Video compression is still slow even with different program.
    Trolling should be.