Need some feral pvp help

Hi i just dinged 90 on my feral and i am planing to go purely pvp, but the problem is that i am overwhelmed by the amount of abilities i have, not in the sense that i can use them but the amount of key bindings are not sufficient to fit all.

1) Do good pvp ferals use a separate bar for prowl ???
    2) if they do, during incarnation , do they macro that bar with incarnation or they make a special bar for that one too ?

Why would you need a new bar for like....3 skills you can now use unstealthed?

And asking stuff like " do good player this, good player that" isn't the way to go. Try it, like it or not. Don't copy other people....

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    And asking stuff like " do good player this, good player that" isn't the way to go. Try it, like it or not. Don't copy other people....
    Yeah man why copy the best of the best? /badadvicefromkrip(who probably named himself after krip lol)

Anyway, Kidace. As Krip said in his first sentence, there's only 2 additional abilities during incarnation and that's pounce/ravage. I don't keep separate bars but one thing I'd definitely recommend is a naga or some other mouse with extra buttons. I have 35+ keybinds as feral and really wish I had those extra mouse buttons lol ~ I keep all my "form only" abilities on the default toolbar(mangle, rake, shred, pounce, ravage, etc) then keep any shared abilities on bars/binds that let me use them in any form. There's a ton of shared abilities now and tbh, if I cared enough about getting a higher pvp rating I'd probably get a naga to add some extra macros on(wild charge macros, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    Yeah man why copy the best of the best? /badadvicefromkrip(who probably named himself after krip lol)
    I don't know who this krip your talking about is but I've been using this name since 1997, so though luck.

And If everyone was doing like the pro's are doing. We'd only have warriors, frost mages and resto shamans. But people don't do so cus some people can't play mages or shaman, or don't like them. Same as with playstyle. Not because a pro does it, it's gonna be good for you.

/badadvicefrommooji ( who probably named himself after Anthony Paul Moo-Young lol)

I don't know who this krip your talking about is but I've been using this name since 1997, so though luck.
    Your join date was in 2009, not 1997.

And If everyone was doing like the pro's are doing. We'd only have warriors, frost mages and resto shamans. But people don't do so cus some people can't play mages or shaman, or don't like them. Same as with playstyle. Not because a pro does it, it's gonna be good for you.
    Some people can't play frost mage? Right now they're realllllly easy, so I doubt that, but anyway. Tell me something Krip, when you're looking to get better at something, anything, game or life-related how do you get better? Practice only gets you so far if you don't know what/how to practice. You don't have to copy the pro's "word for word" but checking out their gear/talent set-ups is a good place to start, as well as guides on sites like this one, skill-capped, arena junkies, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooji View Post
    Your join date was in 2009, not 1997.

Some people can't play frost mage? Right now they're realllllly easy, so I doubt that, but anyway. Tell me something Krip, when you're looking to get better at something, anything, game or life-related how do you get better? Practice only gets you so far if you don't know what/how to practice. You don't have to copy the pro's "word for word" but checking out their gear/talent set-ups is a good place to start, as well as guides on sites like this one, skill-capped, arena junkies, etc.
    Fall off my chair, okay, your stupidity wins.
    Sure you look at pro's but you dont copy them.

It's the same thing as between understanding a problem and knowing the answer by heart....

Anyway i'm off this topic before I get another " off topic" admin qq. bai

Kidace,
    You are correct there are alot of keybinds for ferals and it can quickly become overwhelming for most players. My advice to you, keybind all the abilities you use in every pvp situation. Binds that are in constant use need to have muscle memory ASAP. Once you have that down start adding new binds for the skills that increase ones skill cap.(EG: Focus Cyclone, Bear form Fearie Fire, Focus Skull Bash, etc)
    I don't recommend using a separate bar for prowl, its too much. Keep everything for you cat form on your main bar that way whether you stealth or use Incarnation you still have the same binds for all abilities. In respect to what the others say about looking at what high rated players do, I would say that is great advice. But make sure you don't copy their layout/binds because they are some Pro Feral but because you agree with their reasoning for why they Bind a certain way.
    Hope this helps, Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good ferals use a lot of macros, I'll give you an example of a macro I use that pretty much solves both your problems.

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [stealth, nomod] Pounce;[stealth, mod:alt, target = focus, exists] Pounce; [nostealth, nomod] Mangle; [nostealth, mod:shift] Pounce; [nostealth, mod:alt, target=focus, exists] Pounce
    (I just wrote that manually, to lazy to switch on my druid to see the actual macro, but I'm fairly sure it should be correct.)

However, since I question your ability to play with a big amount of macros, there are several addons that allow you to switch actionbar during prowl and incarnation.

Deleted
    Here are some tips:

Don't bind healing spells and other important caster form spells on the stance bar. Use another bar - this makes them instant, rather than having to manually exit a feral form then access caster spells.

Use quality binds for cat form, bear form, travel form. You want to be very fluid moving between forms and that's hard if you have a difficult, clunky bind.

Get a gaming mouse with a few thumb buttons, or even a naga. You want to bind your most heavily used instant moves to the mouse: rake and shred most importantly.. depends how many buttons you have available. Doing this will give you greater precision control of your character - taking your three fingers from WASD to press other keybinds less often.

Make use of ALL of your mouse: use control and shift modifiers; use the scroll of the mouse wheel; use the press of the mouse wheel. You can squeeze many high quality binds here.

Use a key remapping software and swap capslock to something else, for instance a directional arrow key or even ctrl / alt. If you have trouble reaching a modifier then putting capslock as one could be brilliant for you, and if not then it's another solid bind.

I hope it goes without saying you should have removed 'Turn left' 'Turn right' from A and D, and either replaced them with strafe or use Q and E to strafe. Also would recommend removing S. Make sure you are using all the close keys to WAD, not leaving them for the default rubbish like open up character panel or something. Q E R T Y S F G H Z X C V B 1 2 3 4 5 6, + most of them shift, + half of them ctrl.

Work through it and be patient. Changing binds can make you very demotivated and 'sick' feeling, but you need to get it sorted now or will forever be haunted by bad muscle memory habits. I would also recommend in preparation for high level area to leave space for targetarena1/2/3, decurse self/p1/p2 and focus 1/2/3 (this one is best done on the mouse). Feral is definitely one of the harder to bind but you can do it!