New Space Hulk game in the making

Games Workshop has announced a new Space Hulk game.

If you dont know what it is, it's based on the turnbased best selling 40k boardgame where you are a Terminator squad in the 40k universe. Rock paper shotgun seems pretty stoked about it lol

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...lk-space-hulk/
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-12-12 at 10:05 AM.

Deleted
    Yes, read about this on a 40k fansite.

Very excited, the original game was brilliant in its day, anything 40k and you've got a guaranteed customer in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yes, read about this on a 40k fansite.

Very excited, the original game was brilliant in its day, anything 40k and you've got a guaranteed customer in me.
    Same here can never get enough off the amazing 40k universe.

iOS means it isn't going to be super-deep, or as deep as I'd like, anyway .

Some info about the game.

Space Hulk is set in the isolated corridors and tomb-like chambers of an ancient vessel lost in the graveyard of space. Players lead a small army of fearless Space Marine Terminators to battle in a ferocious fight for survival against hordes of predatory alien Genestealers. Based on the "Sin of Damnation" campaign from the 3rd edition board game, Space Hulk includes a robust 12 mission single-player and co-operative campaign. Recreating the tense battles of the board game, multiplayer mode will allow players to go head-to-head as one player controls the Space Marines and their opponent the Genestealers, in the ultimate fight for domination. Cross platform functionality in multiplayer mode allows players to compete against friends whether they play on PC, Mac or mobile. The Space Hulk level editor will enable players to design their own levels, share them with others online and in a central hub explore creations of the community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Warhammer: Total War.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Meh... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a Warhammer: Total War.
    Well this is your lucky day, it's fantasy though not 40K http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/06/to...rhammer-games/

Creative Assembly partner with Games Workshop to create Warhammer games
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-12-12 at 02:10 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well this is your lucky day, it's fantasy though not 40K http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/12/06/to...rhammer-games/
    I'm kind of curious if they'll have it similar to the large-scale points based tabletop skirmishes, or if they'll use Warhammer Fantasy: Epic as the basis. I suppose they could always combine the two into one.

As to Space Hulk: Not sure what to make of the trailer, if it's just a portable game, then, "Meh.". If someone actually goes out of their way to make a true follow up to the old Space Hulk games, they could easily base it on the Natural Selection 2 style of play - have it so that the player can directly control units, or switch to overhead RTS style control at will. Also have the Tyranids/Genestealers playable too.